KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » DC Vertigo Create New Sandman Universe!

DC Vertigo Create New Sandman Universe!
Started by: kevdude

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kevdude
The Hooded Man

DC Vertigo Create New Sandman Universe!

Some big news was just released yesterday, Vertigo announces the creation of a new line of comic's call "The Sandman Universe". It will have 4 new books, curated by Neil Gaiman!!! The first comic will be released August 8th, 2018. Can't wait!

https://www.vertigocomics.com/blog/...andman-universe

The Word

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 12:52 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Excellent news... I was hoping that he would follow up the success of Overture one day. thumb up

Evidently the these are the first books being released:

-THE DREAMING
-HOUSE OF WHISPERS
-LUCIFER
-BOOKS OF MAGIC

While they will not be personally written by Gaiman, he is evidently still overseeing everything... Which is fantastic.

Can't wait. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 03:17 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Aug 1st, 2018 11:32 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

OMFG, it’s finally about to happen!

I’m geeking out like a screaming teenage girl at at a Beatles concert!

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 4th, 2018 02:37 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

So the first issue of Sandman Universe was excellent.

Evidently Dream/Matthew has 'quit' his position, which is causing the Dreaming to collapse as a result:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

It was also a great primer for the other characters that will be involved with this new line. thumb up

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 8th, 2018 at 04:51 PM

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 04:43 PM
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Wow this was a great issue! Bring on September and October!

The Word

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 06:02 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
So the first issue of Sandman Universe was excellent.

Evidently Dream/Matthew has 'quit' his position, which is causing the Dreaming to collapse as a result.

You mean Daniel, right? Matthew is the raven.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 01:08 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Lol, yes, Daniel... I went full-retard there. thumb up

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 01:52 PM
Blight
Less than Newbie

Interesting, so is it a reboot? Or they starting over beginning with Daniel this time? Or will this be a continuation of the originals?

-_-

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 03:31 PM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It's a continuation of the originals.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 04:08 PM
Impediment
Endless

There are 8 goddamn different covers of issue #1. I sometimes hate being a whore for variant covers.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 05:32 PM
Blight
Less than Newbie

It's a continuation of the originals.
Holy hot garbage! Seriously!? Is there anything else in continuity that I need to read first (besides the first 10 volumes)?

-_-

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 06:55 PM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

So... Way back when Dream was Morpheus he gets imprisoned for a long time the dreaming falls apart... A little Later Lucifer quits Hell because... Then Morpheus gets torn apart and Daniel becomes Dream and wait for it Dream quits being Dream and the dreaming falls apart and it's not written by Gaiman... But he is overseeing it. Hmm... Will read and decide with an open mind.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 09:15 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Blight
Holy hot garbage! Seriously!? Is there anything else in continuity that I need to read first (besides the first 10 volumes)?
I'd read Overture as well. It's a 6 issue Sandman mini that Gaiman wrote a few years ago.

Fantastic read. thumb up

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 09:24 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd read Overture as well. It's a 6 issue Sandman mini that Gaiman wrote a few years ago.

Fantastic read. thumb up
Yeah, it fleshed out the timeline before Morpheus was captured well. I honestly don't want to see anyone but Gaiman writing these characters. Now I know almost three decades ago we had the short story prose book with the Tori Amos essay and loads of writers "Book of Dreams", if you read it, it should put you off too.

Last edited by Putinbot1 on Aug 25th, 2018 at 09:44 PM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 09:42 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blight
Less than Newbie

Fantastic read. thumb up
thumb up Will do.
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Yeah, it fleshed out the timeline before Morpheus was captured well. I honestly don't want to see anyone but Gaiman writing these characters. Now I know almost three decades ago we had the short story prose book with the Tori Amos essay and loads of writers "Book of Dreams", if you read it, it should put you off too.
Oh interesting. So it takes place before Sandman Proper? Hm.

-_-

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 06:58 PM
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by Blight
thumb up Will do. Oh interesting. So it takes place before Sandman Proper? Hm.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 08:18 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blight
Less than Newbie

Originally posted by Badabing
laughing

-_-

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 04:13 PM
RangerDX

Just read 1st issue. Doesn't it imply heavily that the abomination of volume 2 is now non canon?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2018 08:22 AM
RangerDX is currently offline Click here to Send RangerDX a Private Message Find more posts by RangerDX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote