KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Nanatsu no Taizai

Nanatsu no Taizai
Started by: Esomark

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Markness

Nanatsu no Taizai

I think this manga deserves more attention around these parts. It's getting an anime adaptation as well so hopefully it will bloom in recognition soon.

Anyways, are there any fans of the succesor to Nakaba Suzuki's Kongou Banchou?

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 06:51 AM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danteiscool

Me. You are right; it does deserve more attention.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 01:52 PM
danteiscool is currently offline Click here to Send danteiscool a Private Message Find more posts by danteiscool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markness

I don't understand why it isn't talked about more. Nakaba Suzuki's art style is really distinctive and rugged, juggling both modern and old school shounen characteristics. His settings really ooze with life as well. Further more, he also has quite a taste for combat scenes and creates some of not just the most intense but creative battles in manga. In my opinion, they make the fights in One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, and Toriko feel underwhelming.

Who would you consider to be your favorite characters? Mine would be most of the Sins (Especially Diane and Ban), Elizabeth, Griamor, Hauser, Geera, and Helbram.

Last edited by Markness on Sep 12th, 2014 at 04:39 AM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 04:25 AM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danteiscool

I'd have to agree. There's just something about the overall roughness of the lines that really makes it stand out in terms of art style. Not to mention the level of detail put into everything while still retaining his usual style.

For me, mainly Meliodas, Ban, and Griamor. Diane is a close 4th favorite along with Gilthunder and Threader.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 11:00 PM
danteiscool is currently offline Click here to Send danteiscool a Private Message Find more posts by danteiscool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markness

Indeed. Suzuki's become one of my favorite mangakas. Another thing I like about his art is that it has a 90s feel to it that you don't see much of anymore.

I just got Vol. 4 in the mail today. Good translation and the extra chapter about Ban is a good bonus.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 07:38 PM
danteiscool

Yeah, it definitely does have that feel to it.

In English? Nice.

Been keeping up with the recent chapters too?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 09:34 PM
Markness

Yeah, Kodansha USA have been releasing a lot of good books this year. Considering the medieval setting of NnT, it works well being read in English.

The latest chapters have been awesome. Hendrickson is a true villain and the corpse of that gray demon was quite a shock. It's going to be scary to see how strong the blood will make him. Meliodas and Ban will probably need to recover their Sacred Treasures right about now.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 03:08 AM
danteiscool

Agreed.

Yeah definitely. As it is, he already blew Ban in half with a single attack. Given how Ban seems to have trouble regenerating from wounds inflicted by demonically enhanced people, this is already shaping up to be one hell of a fight.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 01:48 PM
Markness

Just read the two new chapters. It looks like Elizabeth has a dormant power that's the only thing that can stop Hendrickson at this point. She's no longer a damsel in distress and I hope it will make those who previously complained about her try the manga again.

Where would you rank NnT in power? I think it beats out Claymore and Hunter x Hunter and possibly Bleach and Fairy Tail but it still has a ways to go before it reaches One Piece and end of Chapter Black YuYu Hakusho in power.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 02:15 PM
danteiscool

Possibly. At any rate, Hendricksen targeted her specifically because of whatever power she possesses. Even if it may not be enough for her to actually fight, it could still slow him down in some other way.

I'm inclined to agree. It beats FT for the most part (Acnologia and other top tier dragons keep things even), though taking into account their speed, FT has little chance probably... and until we see all the Sins at their absolute strongest (including the entirety of Meliodas' demon form), we'll have to wait before ranking them any higher.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2014 11:45 PM
Markness

quote: (post)
Originally posted by danteiscool
Possibly. At any rate, Hendricksen targeted her specifically because of whatever power she possesses. Even if it may not be enough for her to actually fight, it could still slow him down in some other way.

I'm inclined to agree. It beats FT for the most part (Acnologia and other top tier dragons keep things even), though taking into account their speed, FT has little chance probably... and until we see all the Sins at their absolute strongest (including the entirety of Meliodas' demon form), we'll have to wait before ranking them any higher.

Yeah, she could possibly drive him away. If he retreated and returned at a later time, Meliodas and Ban would have enough time to recover their treasures but the question is where will they find them?

I think we will see full blown island and country busting sooner or later. I've seen some reviewers, especially Jason Thompson, say they didn't like how the cast starts off so powerful at the beginning of the story but I disagree. The Sins and Holy Knights are established warriors so why wouldn't they already be so powerful? Further more, training arcs have been done to death.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2014 03:09 PM
danteiscool

Hmm, don't know. As it is, Ban already got his nunchuks back from the goddess clan so technically, he already has his sacred treasure back. Meliodas, we just don't know.

Agreed. Personally, I find the idea of experienced protagonists to be pretty cool as usually it takes a long time otherwise for weak protagonists to get stronger and more badass. Besides, it's not as if the Sin go unchallenged by anyone.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 02:25 PM
Markness

Have you seen the anime? So far it's pretty good and I like how faithful it is to the manga so far. The animation's pretty vibrant and Suzuki's art style meshes well with it. The opening title showing the different races is pretty cool, too. That dinosaur-looking demon I want to see in the manga as well.

The voices to the characters also sound like how I imagined them to be whenever I read the manga except for Hawk who has a babyish voice tone. Strangely, unless I misread it, the subs said Diane is 297 feet tall when she's more like 30 feet tall.

The conclusion to the Hendricksen battle in the latest chapter was pretty epic.
The way Meliodas took all that energy from the others despite an almost non-existant chance of survival and unleashed it on Hendricksen further shows what a monster he is in combat. I believe his demon blood is of a stronger species than even the gray demon.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2014 10:13 AM
danteiscool

Yeah it is pretty awesome, though I do have to agree with you on their voices. But still, it's good.

I thought so too, but I honestly thought that it would take more than that to kill off Hendricksen.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2014 01:56 PM
Markness

It finally reached 100+ chapters. Apparently, this is only the beginning and some new threads are forming. Merlin said she saw a bird-like creature flying away after Hendricksen's defeat, Geera's in a relationship with Gowther now, and Ban is leaving the Sins. The uneasy feeling makes me think we will see another fight with Meliodas and Ban sooner or later.

Was there another episode last Friday? I didn't see anything new on the streaming site I go to.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 07:46 PM
danteiscool

Yep. Not to mention Gilthunder possibly going on a journey across the land. We still need to see more of Elizabeth's origins as well as Meliodas'. The whole thing that the goddess clan pinned on Ban (kill Meliodas for Elaine's return) still hasn't been brought up yet either. And Gowther's smile... looked off. Seriously off.

It should be out on chiaanime.net (the 'net' part may be wrong). Episodes usually are uploaded late Saturday or early Sunday.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2014 12:10 AM
Markness

Gowther's indeed a creep. It's hard to tell what he's thinking since he keeps that blank expression even when he laughs. Geera also fell in love with him rather quickly. There's probably something sinister behind all that.

If Ban and Meliodas fight again, they'll probably both have their sacred treasures (Unless those nunchucks count as Ban's sacred treasure). That fight will definitely be chaotic.

I'll look up the site after I get off work. Thanks.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2014 02:51 PM
danteiscool

Come to think of it, he could've probably used his ability to do something to her. And you know what, too? It literally just occurred me that back when he, Meliodas, and Ban busted into the kingdom, he used his ability to make all of the guards think the three of them were their brother, best bud, or LOVER. He's the goat sin of lust...

Especially if Meliodas decides to use his demon power too. Come to think of it, Ban did pretty well against him when he tried to kill him with his nunchakus, though Meliodas was beat up already at the time. And he's yet to use his physical hunt ability too...

You're welcome.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2014 01:33 AM
Markness

You're probably right since we've seen what he can do with his ability so far. He's living up to the lust part with Geera.

Ban's going back to the Fairy Forest. What could he be planning? Also, do you think his new clothes look like Akira Kongou's?

Last edited by Markness on Nov 14th, 2014 at 11:13 AM

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 11:09 AM
danteiscool

Yep. Not to mention the kind of clothes he tends to wear.

Kind of does look like it, yeah. Not sure if it suits him, but maybe it'll grow on me. As for what he could be planning... don't know. But perhaps there's a way there to revive Elaine? Some kind of clue?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 12:44 AM