KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » How well will these heroes fit into the MCU?

How well will these heroes fit into the MCU?
Started by: lawest9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lawest9

How well will these heroes fit into the MCU?

Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman, given their personalities and powers, how well would they interact with the heroes and villains of the MCU?

Old Post Sep 5th, 2018 12:28 PM
lawest9 is currently offline Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Considering how their dopplegangers (the Hyperions, Gladiators, Thundras, Power Princesses, Nighthawks, Moon Knights...the list could get pretty big) do?

Meh.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2018 12:34 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

quote: (post)
Originally posted by lawest9
Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman, given their personalities and powers, how well would they interact with the heroes and villains of the MCU?

WW would do fine. Wayne or Kent wouldnt fit in at all

Old Post Sep 5th, 2018 12:47 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^i agree she’d do best, or rather, do the least worst. Still not great though.

She could room w. Angela, share expenses.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2018 12:50 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blight
Less than Newbie

Why are people assuming they wouldn't fit, exactly? They're solid heroes in their own respective works; what stops them from being Solid?

Good questions in the same Vein:

How would each character react to Civil War?
Batman would be tough. I definitely don't think he'd want to unmask, but he always has contingencies. I suppose because he tends to figure out everyone's identities, he would be anti registration.

I want to say Superman would be anti registration as well, which – if true – would have had huge ramifications on how that battle turned out. Having both Batman and Superman against your team would be pretty devastating, even with Sentry involved.

Secret Invasion
Things probably would have gone pretty differently with the big three, though less big if the Skrulls were also able to replicate their powers.

I'm sure there are others. It's an interesting concept to think about.

EDIT: Isn't this a question better suited to the Comic Book section?

-_-

Last edited by Blight on Sep 5th, 2018 at 07:56 PM

Old Post Sep 5th, 2018 07:54 PM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Blight
Why are people assuming they wouldn't fit, exactly? They're solid heroes in their own respective works; what stops them from being Solid?

Good questions in the same Vein:

How would each character react to Civil War?
Batman would be tough. I definitely don't think he'd want to unmask, but he always has contingencies. I suppose because he tends to figure out everyone's identities, he would be anti registration.

I want to say Superman would be anti registration as well, which – if true – would have had huge ramifications on how that battle turned out. Having both Batman and Superman against your team would be pretty devastating, even with Sentry involved.

Secret Invasion
Things probably would have gone pretty differently with the big three, though less big if the Skrulls were also able to replicate their powers.

I'm sure there are others. It's an interesting concept to think about.

EDIT: Isn't this a question better suited to the Comic Book section?

MCU blight

Old Post Sep 5th, 2018 08:43 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Interesting Blight post.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2018 09:37 PM
Blight
Less than Newbie

Originally posted by Sin I AM
MCU blight
Oh, lame.

-_-

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 06:49 PM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

What would happen if Superman beat on the X-men?

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 06:52 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blight
Less than Newbie

In the movies? He'd probably annihilate them.

-_-

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 06:56 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I was wondering about Pr's reaction actually.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 07:19 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Wonder Woman. An honorable, highly skilled warrior who's beautiful? She's likely gonna fit in right from the get-go.

Superman ... When they see what he's capable of, they're gonna feel somewhat intimidated. But in a very short time, Marvel's pantheon will come to respect and appreciate Kal, his moral compass and leadership, like they do Captain America.

Batman? Oy, Batman. At first, he didn't hit it off well even with Supes and WW. He's just gonna do what he's gonna do. At worst, Marvel will tolerate his unique and incredibly effective way of doing things; at best, they'll make occasional overtures to him.

In the end, they'll all fit in, though Batman will be by far the most challenging.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 08:02 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blight
Less than Newbie

Originally posted by Mindship
Wonder Woman. An honorable, highly skilled warrior who's beautiful? She's likely gonna fit in right from the get-go.

Superman ... When they see what he's capable of, they're gonna feel somewhat intimidated. But in a very short time, Marvel's pantheon will come to respect and appreciate Kal, his moral compass and leadership, like they do Captain America.

Batman? Oy, Batman. At first, he didn't hit it off well even with Supes and WW. He's just gonna do what he's gonna do. At worst, Marvel will tolerate his unique and incredibly effective way of doing things; at best, they'll make occasional overtures to him.

In the end, they'll all fit in, though Batman will be by far the most challenging.
The real question: What would Batman do if Gotham suddenly didn't exist...

He's got that "This is MY city" mentality. He can't really do that in New York, since nearly every Superhero is operational in New York.

-_-

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 08:16 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

The real question: What would Batman do if Gotham suddenly didn't exist...

He's got that "This is MY city" mentality. He can't really do that in New York, since nearly every Superhero is operational in New York.
I can see him keeping to himself at first, doing a lot of sulking and prepping ...

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 08:40 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^send him out to Jersey, thats the Gotham equivalent.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2018 04:22 AM
VanMae

So, the comicbook Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman in the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Theyed be so crushingly overpowered by the standards of that world that it doesn't even matter how well they'd "fit in".

Old Post Sep 7th, 2018 04:47 AM
VanMae is currently offline Click here to Send VanMae a Private Message Find more posts by VanMae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by riv6672
Considering how their dopplegangers (the Hyperions, Gladiators, Thundras, Power Princesses, Nighthawks, Moon Knights...the list could get pretty big) do?

Meh.

MCU, not MU.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2018 04:49 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

In the movies? He'd probably annihilate them.

The X-Men don't exist in the MCU.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2018 04:52 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
MCU, not MU.

This isnt the movie forum, so i’m going by comics.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2018 05:03 AM
lawest9

The Marvel COMICS universe just to be clear.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2018 03:06 AM
lawest9 is currently offline Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote