KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Luke Cage vs. Drax the Destroyer

Luke Cage vs. Drax the Destroyer
Started by: StiltmanFTW

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Luke Cage vs. Drax the Destroyer

(please log in to view the image)

vs.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 12:42 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Cage.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 01:54 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Cage wrecks him. Classic Drax and HGH Drax would annihilate Cage.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 02:51 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

HGH?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 02:52 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
HGH?

It was a joke regarding this huge/jacked version of Drax. HGH is human growth hormone (bodybuilders and athletes use it to gain muscle).

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 02:59 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Ah, of course.

Yeah, Dumb Drax was a beast.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 03:08 PM
DarkSaint85

Tbf, the pic Stilt used makes it look like he's wearing muscle padding on his front - those traps are pretty jacked.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 03:08 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Drax is more powerful than people care to admit. Drax still has vastly better feats that Cage will never touch like fighting Thanos, and ripping off Collector and Grandmaster's heads iirc. He was also doing better than Terrax against an apparently amped FFF. Etc.

It's just that he gets brought down to Earth a lot more than Cage. Plus I think people are thrown by him not being Dumb Drax level still so they write him off.

Drax should still be stronger than Cage by a decent amount. He should be more durable too, though that's a little harder to prove. More skilled than Cage too.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 03:37 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

yeah i gained some respect for drax recently. was it you who found all those scans? anyway, this is close. if his knives can cut cage, cage is eff'd. without, it becomes a battle of attrition that would take a LONG time to decide. i'd prolly take cage for a tiny majority unless we can argue the blades work.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 04:47 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

That fight against Thanos was definitely impressive, but as Bran himself said, you couldn't help but to think Bendis just decided to re-power Drax to "Dumb" levels all of a sudden.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 04:50 PM
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Drax should beat non-Bendis-Force Cage every time.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 05:27 PM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Csnt really count the Thanos deal (at least, i’ve seen it discounted here before) since he was specifically created by Mentor & Kronos to kill Thanos. Stands to reason he’d have a good showing there.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 05:36 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by leonidas
yeah i gained some respect for drax recently. was it you who found all those scans? anyway, this is close. if his knives can cut cage, cage is eff'd. without, it becomes a battle of attrition that would take a LONG time to decide. i'd prolly take cage for a tiny majority unless we can argue the blades work.
thumb up

Though the recent scans of Drax I've posted have mostly been focused on Gamora, Glads and Thanos, so I haven't posted a lot of them.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
That fight against Thanos was definitely impressive, but as Bran himself said, you couldn't help but to think Bendis just decided to re-power Drax to "Dumb" levels all of a sudden.
thumb up

Iirc he popped him pretty good in Bendis' last GotG issue.

Still though, both of these guys are stronger than what people think. Same goes for people like Thing, who these guys hover around.

I'd say it's probably a split, or edge to Drax. Even with Bendis, Luke hovers around the same place. Drax randomly gets really high high feats, and he's never really displayed an actual limit (not saying he has unlimited strength of course) besides getting KO'ed by Zopzop tier muscle daddies so meh. Sometimes he straight up scales to the threat it seems. His powers haven't really been defined I guess. He just has good showings that vary.

If I had to list them in strength it'd be

1. High end Drax
2. Thing
3. Average Drax
4. Luke

Not terribly far away, but enough to make a list out of it.

Last edited by One Big Mob on Sep 16th, 2018 at 05:53 PM

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 05:50 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Drax is more powerful than people care to admit. Drax still has vastly better feats that Cage will never touch like fighting Thanos, and ripping off Collector and Grandmaster's heads iirc. He was also doing better than Terrax against an apparently amped FFF. Etc.

It's just that he gets brought down to Earth a lot more than Cage. Plus I think people are thrown by him not being Dumb Drax level still so they write him off.

Drax should still be stronger than Cage by a decent amount. He should be more durable too, though that's a little harder to prove. More skilled than Cage too.
Lunatik a Blood Brother etc... Drax smashes Lukes face in.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 10:12 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Drax should be able to break Cage's arm like he did to that brick luminal. This is a war of attrition Drax can definitively win.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 08:40 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Drax is a glass cannon.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 09:46 AM