KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Bad Times at The El Royale

Bad Times at The El Royale
Started by: CPT Space Bomb

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Bad Times at The El Royale

(please log in to view the image)

This looks REALLY good. I love original ideas and this definitely has a cool vibe to it. A lot of good actors as well. Will be looking forward to reviews.

https://youtu.be/SQmOaJciI7Q

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Last edited by CPT Space Bomb on Jun 9th, 2018 at 01:12 PM

Old Post Jun 9th, 2018 01:03 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Re: Bad Times at The El Royale

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb

Oh, shit. I just saw the trailer for this. It looks goooood.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2018 10:18 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Hope it does good, Hemsworth needs more good movies outside of the Marvel stuff besides Rush.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2018 02:29 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Meh. Pass.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2018 05:43 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Hope it does good, Hemsworth needs more good movies outside of the Marvel stuff besides Rush.
Cabin in the woods was great. The heart of the Sea was good too...but no one watched it because of TFA.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 10th, 2018 07:13 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

My wife and I watched this and enjoyed it quite a bit. It's got sort of an old-school feel to it and plays out very much like a Tarantino film. Good little character actor performances and non-linear storytelling to have you trying to piece it together as it all unfolds. It may or may not be the most realistic film, but it sucks you in like a movie should.

I'd give it a pretty solid 8/10.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 01:30 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

It was good. Brilliant cast. 8/10 is about right.

By Stoic

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 01:48 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Yeah, no doubt it helped sell tickets, but I think they shouldn't have shown Chris Hemsworth's character in trailers. They should have kept his character as mysterious as possible...

Luckily it had been so long since I saw the trailer that I didn't remember what he looked like..

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 03:22 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Despite a great cast and great setting, I found this did not live up to the potential, found myself not caring for the majority of the characters. Maybe I went in expecting too much.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 07:28 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

I admit there was something missing. Maybe some dark humor and better dialogue?

That is what elevates Pulp Fiction and gives it that extra spark after all..

The simple Catholic redemption theme was lame to me, but other than that I liked the variety of characters, setting, and storytelling.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 11:57 PM
tkitna

I will agree with you guys. It could have used another twist somewhere in the story to make it have more umph.

By Stoic

Old Post Dec 28th, 2018 12:06 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

The story was good enough to me.

It just needed some dark humor and more witty dialogue perhaps. Cause you know, that's what makes Tarantino's movies so entertaining.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2018 02:43 PM