KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Iron Fist (Netflix)

Iron Fist (Netflix)
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Marvel's Iron Fist

Marvel's and Netflix's newest hero, Danny Rand is going to be played by Game of Thrones' Finn Jones....

http://www.newsoxy.com/entertainmen...ist-189211.html

I'm excited for this

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 26th, 2016 07:33 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Not sure how, or if, they plan on incorporating the bromance between IF and Luke for the MCU but I'm looking forward to it.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2016 09:28 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm pretty sure they are going to include the bromance. As for how..well, I don't get why that is something you are acting like would be difficult. At the end of the first season of Jessica Jones she obviously sets up some kind of "heroes for hire" type situation. So if she brings Luke in on that..and eventually they meet Danny and they bring him in..all they need to do is shove them together for some shenanigans.

It is possible Luke might even already know him. I'm struggling to remember, but there is an episode in Jessica Jones where [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Luke is under the control of Purple Man. At one point we see him on the phone talking to someone who we later learn was Purple Man. But Jessica was in the room at the time so he was acting like it was someone else on the phone and I could of sworn he called the person "Danny".

Last edited by Surtur on Feb 27th, 2016 at 05:50 PM

Old Post Feb 27th, 2016 05:47 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

IRON FIST TV Series Will Feature 'Shang-Chi'

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/iron_...ang-chi-a131705

Old Post Mar 5th, 2016 04:23 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

I was kinda hoping I would be cast as IF, but whatever.

I'm not bitter.

Phuck them.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Mar 5th, 2016 04:29 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Lol at the criticism for casting a white guy for the role of Iron Fist, The idiots need to pick up one of his books.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2016 05:08 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Lol at the criticism for casting a white guy for the role of Iron Fist, The idiots need to pick up one of his books.
laughing People are really upset about a white guy playing.... A white guy?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2016 04:15 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

"After a tumultuous response to the casting of Finn Jones as Danny Rand in the upcoming Iron Fist series, Marvel could really use a new notch in their diversity belt. Luckily, MCUExchange and That Hashtag Show can independently confirm that Marvel and Netflix are in the midst of casting Shang-Chi for Iron Fist - which we're told is set to begin production in April.

Additionally, in case anyone had concerns, they are exclusively auditioning males of Asian descent."

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2016 04:29 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

These diversity, SJW , girl power , trends in Hollywood are trying to fuq up everything.

Disgusting thumb down

Old Post Mar 5th, 2016 05:02 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

I tend to agree, but I am quite happy that now we get a Shang Chi as well. The possibilities are very exciting with the amount of talent out there. Personally, I would love to see more of stars like Andy On or Philip Ng - they have phenomenal potential.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2016 05:27 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Dreampanther
I tend to agree, but I am quite happy that now we get a Shang Chi as well. The possibilities are very exciting with the amount of talent out there. Personally, I would love to see more of stars like Andy On or Philip Ng - they have phenomenal potential.

bruce lee can't play Shang though stick out tongue stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 5th, 2016 08:03 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Kento
laughing People are really upset about a white guy playing.... A white guy?

I bet most of the people don't even read comics

a Marvel writer is doing some of the criticizing, Morjorie Liu

and some people wanted a Asian/American for the role

http://www.techinsider.io/iron-fist...-casting-2016-2

he's suppose to be fish out of water sort of role being adopted into the K'un Lun Society, Even a previous Iron Fist, Orsan Randell was the same deal.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2016 07:44 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
bruce lee can't play Shang though stick out tongue stick out tongue

Well, Philip Ng should be finished filming Birth of the Dragon by now, so he can stop playing Bruce Lee and start playing Shang Chi. wink

I really liked Andy On in Once Upon a Time in Shanghai as well, and thought Daniel Wu was great in Into the Badlands. Will be very interesting to see who they pick!

Old Post Mar 6th, 2016 07:49 AM
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by Kazenji
I bet most of the people don't even read comics

a Marvel writer is doing some of the criticizing, Morjorie Liu

and some people wanted a Asian/American for the role

http://www.techinsider.io/iron-fist...-casting-2016-2

he's suppose to be fish out of water sort of role being adopted into the K'un Lun Society, Even a previous Iron Fist, Orsan Randell was the same deal.
its seems a lot like people are crying because they didn't change him to Asian even if they know he is white.... Which what the hell. Who cries because oh noes the character is staying the same. Marvel is doing what it does best, and providing the best adaptions of characters, and people are crying now... Why not make Steve Rogers black its not core for him to be white...is basically their argument

Old Post Mar 6th, 2016 06:57 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Dreampanther
Well, Philip Ng should be finished filming Birth of the Dragon by now, so he can stop playing Bruce Lee and start playing Shang Chi. wink

I really liked Andy On in Once Upon a Time in Shanghai as well, and thought Daniel Wu was great in Into the Badlands. Will be very interesting to see who they pick!

I would agree

Old Post Mar 6th, 2016 07:32 PM
cdtm

Personally, I'd be much more interested in seeing a Shen Kuei story. Faux Bruce Lee is hard to do right, while a "Kung Fu Punisher" is timeless.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2016 08:32 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

People who are bitching about Danny being white should STFU.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2016 02:16 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Kento
its seems a lot like people are crying because they didn't change him to Asian even if they know he is white.... Which what the hell. Who cries because oh noes the character is staying the same. Marvel is doing what it does best, and providing the best adaptions of characters, and people are crying now... Why not make Steve Rogers black its not core for him to be white...is basically their argument

And the ironic thing, is a white kung fu master is BREAKING stereotypes, not reinforcing them.

Shang Chi got a lot of criticism for being a stereotype. Put in a white guy, and he's criticised for not being stereotypical enough?

You just can't win.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2016 02:25 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by cdtm
And the ironic thing, is a white kung fu master is BREAKING stereotypes, not reinforcing them.

Exactly.

He should remain White.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2016 03:03 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

This reminds me of the criticisms for Tom Cruise in "The Last Samurai" only this time it makes even less sense.

Silver lining(sort off), this did expose a lot of folks lack of comic book knowledge and reveal who exactly is knowledgeable about Marvel stuff.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2016 03:37 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote