KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » IMPORTANT: Raz is back

IMPORTANT: Raz is back
Started by: Azronger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Warning IMPORTANT: Raz is back

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 01:34 PM
Azronger is currently offline Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unoriginal

Well I'll be damned

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 02:02 PM
Unoriginal is currently offline Click here to Send Unoriginal a Private Message Find more posts by Unoriginal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Thanks.

I hope upon all things holy that he appoints another admin so we don't have to do all of the other crap we were talking about.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 02:03 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Did he finally become a Psychonaut or no?

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 03:09 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I made several posts in the Moderator Lounge asking Raz for help.

Fix Captcha.

Promote -Pr- to global.

Maybe a few new local mods for certain sections to ban spammers and bots.

The power to unban certain members.

Any suggestions to give to me to pass on the Raz?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 08:34 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Make me admin.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 08:36 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Make someone active an admin.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 08:36 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

My biggest requests were to fix Captcha so new people can register and to give someone active admin powers.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 08:38 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
I made several posts in the Moderator Lounge asking Raz for help.

Fix Captcha.

Promote -Pr- to global.

Maybe a few new local mods for certain sections to ban spammers and bots.

The power to unban certain members.

Any suggestions to give to me to pass on the Raz?
does he want to sell

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 08:44 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

It seems captcha or whatever has been fixed, new posters are arriving. I'm sure several of which are TI.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 09:01 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Tell Raz to Mod me, the GDF need cleaning. Spammers and whatnot

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 09:02 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I mentioned you in the mod lounge as a potential mod for the GDF. Also DDM.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 09:07 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

If Robtard wants to be a mod, he must go through “The Trials”.

Bring Vaseline and Listerine.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 09:24 PM
Unoriginal

Has Raz contacted anyone since his appearance?

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 09:26 PM
Unoriginal is currently offline Click here to Send Unoriginal a Private Message Find more posts by Unoriginal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why would you wanna get rid of spammers?

Nobody here can guarantee they will never need a fake passport to Argentina. NOBODY.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 09:31 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

This Page: http://www.killermovies.com/

lets get this updated

The Quote Tool

Its Buggy. Example: Sometimes it just doesn't work. Sometimes it does.

Walshy for Mod - Walshy is a highly respected active user

Surtur for GDF Mod - I've seen him active at times many other users are inactive - he can help all of you with Spammers

Please do not alter the site layout or its customizable features

Please do add buttons:
Like / Dislike Buttons or Thumbs Up / Thumbs Down Buttons

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 09:45 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Need a new admin most of all so that they can fix things that Raz is too lazy to do. Mod people, fix forums, etc. You can't give Raz a huge list of things to do; it'll overwhelm him like a newborn baby. Admin first off.

Any of the current ACTIVE globals would do. Maybe even two co-admins in Bada and Imp. Then they can best figure out where to go from there. Best solution IMO.
Raz stays the boss. Bada and Imp have the power to do whatever they want outside banning Raz. Win win.

Or sell it... but then again, newborn baby syndrome.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 09:56 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by shiv
Please do add buttons:
Like / Dislike Buttons or Thumbs Up / Thumbs Down Buttons

Unless it comes as part of a vBulletin feature set, "out of the box", in some future version, this is coding customization that may take too long to implement.

I looked and I don't see an option for it.

I see, perhaps, an option for like:

https://likebtn.com/en/vbulletin-like-button

I like your reputation idea. It would help new comers know which old timers will just troll you or mess around.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 09:58 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Need a new admin most of all so that they can fix things that Raz is too lazy to do. Mod people, fix forums, etc. You can't give Raz a huge list of things to do; it'll overwhelm him like a newborn baby. Admin first off.

Any of the current ACTIVE globals would do. Maybe even two co-admins in Bada and Imp. Then they can best figure out where to go from there. Best solution IMO.
Raz stays the boss. Bada and Imp have the power to do whatever they want outside banning Raz. Win win.

Or sell it... but then again, newborn baby syndrome.

Great ideas. I'd say two other admins. You need continuity planning. We assume Raz will not be around. Then you need 2 other admins. Backfire, Bada, Imp...all good choices. Hell, just make them all admins.

When they want to configure/update, I'll lend a hand. We would want to duplicate the database that stores all the stuff...

Then create a dev environment. So we can test new features. We'd want dev to mirror current "prod" KMC as much as possible so that when we promote our changes, what we have in dev will mirror in prod. With no issues. We'd need to establish a way to rollback changes in case there is a run-away problem that happens a week or so after we submit an update to prod. (A tested Backout Plan).

Also, I'd want us to get this site hosted in a cloud solution. AWS, Azure, doesn't matter. But from what I know, this site is running off of some dude's server in Texas (that's what Peach told me, years ago). If that server crashes, this site goes down. From what I know, that has happened multiple times since 2002.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 10:02 PM
BackFire

No like/dislike buttons, please. Those features just create bullshit echo chambers of no value.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 10:16 PM