KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super: Broly - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super: Broly - Discussion Thread
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (64): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Dragon Ball Super: Broly - Discussion Thread

Coming December 2018...

(please log in to view the image)

Official Trailer #1:

Official Trailer #2:

Official Trailer #3:

Official Trailer #4:

Official Gogeta Reveal:

"Blizzard" Theme Song (English):

**SPOILERS**

HERE is a link to the complete film summary. It breaks down every aspect of this movie from start to finish.

HERE is a link to the film's complete soundtrack.

HERE is a link to an album containing HQ scans of all the official character design sheets from the movie pamphlet.

**All information, and/or thoughts related to the film can be posted here**

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 27th, 2019 at 10:16 PM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 05:53 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Is this anime or real life?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 03:17 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

...It's anime.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 03:55 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Bojack was a beloved character? News to me. stick out tongue

I guess Yamoshi will be kinda like the Bardock of DB Super...

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 05:20 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

That's what I'm hoping for, tbh. thumb up

Though I do wonder if they'll stick to Yamoshi having a similar appearance to Vegeta, like we saw in Shenron's retelling of the first Super Saiyan God in BoG..?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 05:46 PM
Bentley
Seitei

I lol'd at the Bojack comment.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 08:10 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I guess Bojack might be more 'beloved' than, like, Lord Slug or Bio-Broly... But that's about it.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 09:21 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

So... this new film will also be retold in Super, boring us to death?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 09:24 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

If DBS is still going strong in another year+, I would imagine Toei will do a 'TV Special' or somesuch.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 10:23 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The official website for the upcoming Dragon Ball theatrical film has been updated with the film's key staff, a new visual of Goku, and its Japanese release date: December 14 2018.

-Original Author, Script, & Character Design: Akira Toriyama
-Director: Tatsuya Nagamine
-Animation Supervisor: Naohiro Shintani
-Art Director: Kazuo Ogura

Nagamine previously served as one of the series directors during Dragon Ball Super's "Universe Survival arc". Shintani previously worked on key animation during the 2008 Jump Super Anime Tour special. Ogura previously worked on backgrounds for 2013's theatrical film Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods.

Toriyama also released the following statement:

*So this film is going to be a continuation of DBS -- essentially the next chapter in the story.

*It's also worth pointing out that the DBS manga will continue as-is -- there are currently NO plans for it to end. Aside from what Toriyama stated above, Toyotaro reiterated it on Twitter:

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 13th, 2018 at 02:11 PM

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 02:07 PM
Estacado
Legendary

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
The official website for the upcoming Dragon Ball theatrical film has been

[b](please log in to view the image)

Da phuck is that art?

I mean Goku looks like he has down syndrome....

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 12:09 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Since this movie is a continuation from super, I suspect a little glimpses in the next arc. The art from Z to super is sure shitty, now this movie poster of Goku takes the next final step. Almost as bad as Sun/Moon Pokemon.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 12:25 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Estacado
Da phuck is that art?

I mean Goku looks like he has down syndrome....
The more pressing question for me is why DBS Goku has the Power Pole..?

...Surprised the artwork doesn't also have him floating around on the Flying Nimbus.

Originally posted by vansonbee
Since this movie is a continuation from super, I suspect a little glimpses in the next arc.
DBS is going on an extended hiatus in a few weeks. At this point the best glimpses we're going to get into this film are Japanese solicits and previews.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 12:32 AM
SSJGGogeta

Damn wouldn't it be cool if they went really in-depth about some of the Saiyan's history, biology, culture, and other aspects of the Saiyan's we've never really had explored before? That would be awesome, and I hope we get a lot of explanations to things like those S-cells or whatever, the Legendary Super Saiyan, how some Saiyan's manage to breath in outer space, why Saiyan's hair style stays the same from the day they're born, why they all have black hair/black eyes, and lot's of other things like that which have gone under-explained for so long in DB.

Probably won't happen, but it'd be cool to see things like that.

Originally posted by Galan007
The more pressing question for me is why DBS Goku has the Power Pole..?

...Surprised the artwork doesn't also have him floating around on the Flying Nimbus.

Tbh, that'd be pretty cool imo if Goku starts using the Power Pole again. Maybe it can't break because it's magical, or something..? That was one of the things I was always really sad they got rid of. I thought the power pole was badass, honestly. It sent boss Rabbit to the moon in like a second, lmao. Plus it's cut swords in half despite being round, blocked machine gunfire, etc. The magic on that thing is honestly pretty impressive, and I'd like to have some of that elaborated on as well. Maybe even a return of it, as well as an explanation as to why it could still be useful in battle- that'd be pretty dope IMO.

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Last edited by SSJGGogeta on Mar 15th, 2018 at 01:57 AM

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 01:53 AM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ This movie is supposed to get pretty crazy with Saiyan genealogy. It will also depict the first SSJ/SSG ever: Yamoshi...

quote:
Can anyone become a Super Saiyan if they train?

AT: It's not like anyone can become a Super Saiyan through training and anger. In order to become a Super Saiyan, one's body must contain something called "S-Cells." Once these S-Cells reach a certain amount, a trigger such as anger will explosively increase the S-Cells and cause a change in the body; that's Super Saiyan. Most Saiyans have some S-Cells, although not a great quantity. The reason why Goku and Vegeta's children can become Super Saiyan relatively easily is probably because to a certain extent they inherited a lot of S-Cells, and also because Earth's environment is gentler and easier to live in than Planet Vegeta.

quote:
And how does one increase S-Cells to become Super Saiyan?

AT: Having a gentle spirit is the best way to greatly increase one's S-Cells, but most Saiyans have trouble with this, which I think is why no Super Saiyans appeared for such a long time that they became the stuff of legend. However, one can't reach the quantity necessary for becoming a Super Saiyan simply by having a gentle spirit, so a certain amount of battle power is indeed necessary. Looked at in this light, it's easy to see why becoming a Super Saiyan came easy for Goku.

[Goten picture] "He was able to easily become Super Saiyan thanks to inheriting lots of S-Cells!"

[Goku picture] "A gentle heart + high battle power resulted in Super Saiyan!!"

quote:
Was the "legendary Super Saiyan" Freeza feared the Super Saiyan God that appeared in Battle of Gods?

AT: In a certain sense, they are the same person. That is to say, very long ago, before Planet Vegeta was the Saiyans' planet, there was a man named Yamoshi who had a righteous heart despite being a Saiyan. He and his five comrades started a rebellion, but he was cornered by combatants and became a Super Saiyan for the first time, though his transformation and fearsome fighting style shocked the other Saiyans. Outnumbered, Yamoshi eventually wore himself out and was defeated, but this was only the beginning of his legend. Afterwards, Yamoshi's spirit wandered in continuous search of six righteous-hearted Saiyans, seeking a new savior: Super Saiyan God.

[Tori-bot] "And that's why there's that ceremony to become Super Saiyan God."

And why did Beerus search for Super Saiyan God?

AT: Beerus probably picked up on information about Yamoshi's spirit in his prophetic dream. The fact that this is recorded in the Namekian book of legends is likewise because the Namekian elder who wrote it sympathized with Yamoshi's spirit.

-Source

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 11:04 PM
Estacado
Legendary

I'm getting a Broly kind of vibe from this....

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 06:42 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

This is midichlorians all over again.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 07:39 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

That's retarded and im going to ignore the mere mention of S-cells.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 07:46 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yamcha
Desert Bandit

I know it's a Saiyan but it really looks like Goku is fighting Sun Wukong. I'm digging that animation though.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 07:52 PM
Yamcha is currently offline Click here to Send Yamcha a Private Message Find more posts by Yamcha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Estacado
I'm getting a Broly kind of vibe from this....

Yeesh... I hope that animation is sharpened up quite a bit before the film drops.

I figured the whole "a Saiyan has no limits" concept would be pivotal in this film, though. Should be...interesting, to say the least.

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 20th, 2018 at 08:12 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 08:08 PM