KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Who should be 'canonized' in DB next..?

Who should be 'canonized' in DB next..?
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Who should be 'canonized' in DB next..?

In light of the tremendous success Broly's canonization has been, it got me wondering what other 'non-canon' character(s) you'd like to see made canon in DBS continuity?

For me it would be either Janemba, the Shadow Dragons(though they'd likely have to derive from the Super Dragon Balls at this point), or Cooler.

Thoughts?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 8th, 2019 12:04 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

No one.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2019 01:09 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Pikkon for damn sure.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 8th, 2019 01:42 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Daishinkan is canon, right?

Old Post Feb 8th, 2019 01:53 AM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Pikkon for damn sure.
Always did like Pikkon. thumb up

Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Daishinkan is canon, right?
Lol, yes.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2019 03:40 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by Galan007
Always did like Pikkon. thumb up

Lol, yes.
Sorry, I am kinda new to this anime. X3

But yeah, they should go more into Minister, I want to see more fighting and less scaling. :3

I would like to see the Shadow Dragons the most though.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2019 03:42 AM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Super 17
Majuub
Cooler
Dr. Lychee

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Feb 8th, 2019 05:03 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pikon, Cooler, Janemba, Pan

Old Post Feb 8th, 2019 05:17 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Pan is already canon.

Pikkon is actually the only decent choice I can think of. Cooler is just derivative and the shadow dragons need to be fixed pretty bad. Boojack had a nice look but he did not bring up anything special.

Janemba and Hildergarn both look fun and had cool moves. I don't necessarily see them as fully fledged characters but you could redo those ideas and make them better.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 8th, 2019 05:38 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by juggerman
Super 17
Majuub
Cooler
Dr. Lychee

Why would you want to see an edgelord bastardized 17 again? Cooler's the only one I really agree with but eh.

Hit pretty much was the new Pikkon when you think about it.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2019 08:06 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Why would you want to see an edgelord bastardized 17 again? Cooler's the only one I really agree with but eh.

The idea of an enemy that ki blasts were useless against was interesting. They could have done so much with that idea. I guess it doesn't have to be 17 specifically

Old Post Feb 8th, 2019 08:23 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Shadow Dragons wouldn't be the same, imo, because you couldn't do Nouva Shenron being Goku and Grandpa Gohan's Ball. He's have to be his own, unrelated thing, instead of the emotional ties to the protagonist.

Bring on Cooler, finally. With him back in the drivers seat of an empire, it's the perfect time to introduce a rival.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2019 12:56 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Pikkon for damn sure.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 8th, 2019 01:53 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Cooler doesnt fit in current continuity. It wouldn't work. Uub is a good choice. I think a super Namek is needed right now. An evil, extremely powerful Super Namek. Cant think of a good one from a movie or anything though.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 8th, 2019 01:57 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by carver9
Cooler doesnt fit in current continuity. It wouldn't work. Uub is a good choice. I think a super Namek is needed right now. An evil, extremely powerful Super Namek. Cant think of a good one from a movie or anything though.

There is literally only one movie with a Super Namek bad guy in it. He's one of two for that matter introduced before Piccolo became one iirc.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2019 02:31 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by cdtm
Shadow Dragons wouldn't be the same, imo, because you couldn't do Nouva Shenron being Goku and Grandpa Gohan's Ball. He's have to be his own, unrelated thing, instead of the emotional ties to the protagonist.

Bring on Cooler, finally. With him back in the drivers seat of an empire, it's the perfect time to introduce a rival.
Only thing with Cooler is that it seems implausible that Freeza's wicked brother has been running around the universe for all these years without someone knowing about it. /shrug

Old Post Feb 8th, 2019 02:55 PM
juggerman

Originally posted by carver9
I think a super Namek is needed right now. An evil, extremely powerful Super Namek. Cant think of a good one from a movie or anything though.

I always wanted them to follow up on Piccolo being trapped in Hell in GT. I thought a good story would be he gets overwhelmed by all the baddies so he is forced to fuse with his original self, Demon King Piccolo. With his new power he starts dominating Hell but the evil starts to overtake him and he craves more power. He fuses with all the dead Super Nameks like Slug and then escapes Hell. Once back in the real world he begins his rein of terror. The interesting part of this is that all his friends would be hesitant to hurt him while he would be trying to kill them.

I thought it would make a great saga.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2019 03:19 PM
Genii96

Is Kai Canon to super btw? I heard some characters in Kai were carried over in super

Old Post Feb 8th, 2019 03:52 PM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Galan007
Only thing with Cooler is that it seems implausible that Freeza's wicked brother has been running around the universe for all these years without someone knowing about it. /shrug

They could just say/reveal that Cold didnt tell Frieza about having a brother because he didnt want the two to compete at that time or something. Having a rival like Cooler would give Frieza a new purpose in his conquest for U7.

And I mean detractors can say otherwise, but Cooler wouldnt be as much a staple as he is in games and other media like Broly if he wasnt popular. He would no doubt be the next in line if they were to canonize another villain imo. Getting his what-if Golden form in Heroes alone is more love than any of the other movie characters have gotten in recent times.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2019 04:47 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

I think all the past dragon ball movies should be canonized

Old Post Feb 8th, 2019 05:24 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote