KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » What can a scientist in the New Republic have left to do?

What can a scientist in the New Republic have left to do?
Started by: Darth Abonis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Abonis

What can a scientist in the New Republic have left to do?

Science in Star Wars is a tricky thing. It’s hard to see if their is any progress at all but books and TV shows give us hints. In Master and Apprentice, which takes place in the Old Republic around 39 BBY, Czerka has been working for centuries to create a stable hyperlane and finally succeeded. During the era of the Clone Wars, the Sepratists and New Republic worked on weapons like the Electro-Proton Bomb, The Defoliator and that thing Wat Tambor was working on that disintegrates targets. By the era of the Empire, scientists were working with weaponizing giant kyber crystals and creating a giant moon sized battle station with a superlaser. By the in between years, the First Order discovered sub-Hyperspace and the method of draining a Star and channeling dark energy to destroy an entire solar system. Also in Star Wars Resistance, some new TIE’s has hyperdrives. That’s by the time of the New Republic but that’s the First Order._

Any ideas on what the New Republic can be working on? Teleportation is not an option as by that time, it probably has been proved to be impossible and it is further implied by a sarcastic comment by Finn in The Force Awakens novelization.

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 27th, 2019 at 01:45 AM

Old Post Apr 26th, 2019 08:37 PM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

The NR is gone in the new Canon, so why does it matter? The FO is what to look at.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2019 08:45 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Teleportation is not an option as by that time, it probably has been proved to be impossible

(please log in to view the image)

Describes a teleportation-ring used in circuses - but it's a rare and esoteric technology that isn't known by much of the Galaxy.

and it is further implied by a sarcastic comment by Finn in The Force Awakens novelization.

no expression

I don't care what Non-Canon Han Solo rip-off says.

I don't think any real Star Wars fan does.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2019 10:12 PM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Originally posted by Zenwolf
The NR is gone in the new Canon, so why does it matter? The FO is what to look at.

Yeah - now they have "The Resistance" roll eyes (sarcastic) to resist Trump - I mean - Snoke..

^ That's actually related to the Anti-Trump movement.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2019 10:18 PM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

What is the thread's title supposed to be? I'll edit it in.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 26th, 2019 10:30 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Abonis

Originally posted by Galan007
What is the thread's title supposed to be? I'll edit it in.

It was supposed to be “What can a scientist in the New Republic have left to do”

Old Post Apr 26th, 2019 10:45 PM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mendax
Hand of God

Also in Star Wars Resistance, some new TIE’s has hyperdrives. That’s by the time of the New Republic but that’s the First Order._
Pretty sure the tie defenders in Rebels had hyperdrives also.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2019 10:47 AM
Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Also in Star Wars Resistance, some new TIE’s has hyperdrives.

Originally posted by Mendax
Pretty sure the tie defenders in Rebels had hyperdrives also.

Special TIE-Fighter variants have had hyperdrives in the "Old EU" for the last 30 years! roll eyes (sarcastic)

It ain't anything new!

Old Post Apr 28th, 2019 01:01 PM