KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Switch third party support.

Switch third party support.
Started by: VG_Addict

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
VG_Addict

Switch third party support.

I don’t see how the Switch’s 3rd party support is any better than the Wii U’s. EA only announced 1 game coming for the console, FIFA 19. It's also not getting KH3 or RDR2. All it's really getting is ports of last-gen games.

Old Post May 7th, 2020 10:05 PM
VG_Addict is currently offline Click here to Send VG_Addict a Private Message Find more posts by VG_Addict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

A lot of current gen games from what I've seen, tend to later get a Switch release, just they're not put out the same day as with the other platforms they're originally released on because of the time it takes to port them to Switch, but we know they're still coming; Doom Eternal and the like. It may not get every game like with some of those cherrypicked examples, but it's getting a lot still.

Funny that you mention EA, because they finally caved in on the Switch hype recently, and will be porting plenty more of their games as of this year.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...br /> h_in_2020

There's the occasional 3rd party exclusives too; Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and such. Honestly speaking, most of the Switch's success right now is because of the 3rd party support, not Nintendo's 1st party output which has been pretty slow as of late, thanks to COVID in part which they conveniently have an excuse on for now, so, the 3rd party ports fill the void on their system for the time being. If the Switch was as lowly supported as the Wii U, it would not be the kind of success it is now by any means.

Old Post May 7th, 2020 11:39 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I disagree with that statement. Nintendo's success will always be attributed to first party titles. Just look at the best selling games on the Switch, all of them are Nintendo produced/published games aside from 3 (Minecraft, Enter the Gungeon and Octopath Traveler).

The main reason the Switch is a success is Nintendo IP properties and it's a portable system.

Old Post May 8th, 2020 12:27 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Oh yeah, obviously for the long haul Nintendo's IPs will be what sell their systems including the Switch, but there's no denying that the 3rd party games/ports have filled those certain gaps in the Switch's library for the meantime.

Even when the next systems come out for Sony and Microsoft in near future, I doubt it'll put that much a dent on the Switch (good as they'll do in their own right) with how successful the Switch has been on the market for awhile, and as a hybrid/portable system as pointed out, it's got that unique niche unlike the Playstation and Xbox.

Old Post May 8th, 2020 12:47 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

For sure, having 3rd party titles will always be beneficial.

I wonder how well the Switch is doing for Nintendo. I know both console and games are selling well but I do forget that the Switch is replacing two sets of consoles. The 3DS and Wii U. Are they making more profit now than when they had a portable and console....interesting question.

Old Post May 8th, 2020 11:50 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I'd be happy if they supported third party peripherals.

One reason my last Nintendo system was a gamecube is because the proprietary component cables were so damned expensive.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 8th, 2020 04:41 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I am not sure what you mean. You can play the Switch with third party controllers.

Old Post May 8th, 2020 06:34 PM
Jmanghan

Weak trolling.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post May 8th, 2020 10:36 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

On topic, Switch is brimming with third-party support that's NOT indie titles.

Old Post May 8th, 2020 10:39 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's not brimming. Come on, compared to PS4/Xbox/Windows..its not close.

Old Post May 9th, 2020 03:44 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Maybe, but the support certainly isn't on the level of the Wii U like the OP was suggesting. That part was bait more than anything.

Old Post May 9th, 2020 05:47 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

That's true. The Switch has more 3rd party support than the Wii U and the original Wii.

But I would hazard a guess that it has less support than GameCube. That system received 3rd party suppport on release day without any degrades in quality.

Old Post May 9th, 2020 12:52 PM
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
That's true. The Switch has more 3rd party support than the Wii U and the original Wii.

But I would hazard a guess that it has less support than GameCube. That system received 3rd party suppport on release day without any degrades in quality.
I disagree, I'd argue Switch has the most third-party support since the 80's, and yes, I count ports as third-party support.

Last edited by Jmanghan on May 9th, 2020 at 03:31 PM

Old Post May 9th, 2020 03:27 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Either way, Nintendo's been having years of catching up on 3rd party support with all the ports they're getting now, of last and current gen titles.

Old Post May 9th, 2020 09:41 PM
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Either way, Nintendo's been having years of catching up on 3rd party support with all the ports they're getting now, of last and current gen titles.
Exactly, they're getting mountains of old and new-er third-party ports.

But yes, they're lacking in original third-party games.

Old Post May 10th, 2020 02:29 AM