KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Squid Game (Netflix)

Squid Game (Netflix)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Squid Game (Netflix)

No thread for Squid Game yet? I'm late to the party and there's still no thread?

I've been watching this with my wife and it's really good. We have 2 or 3 episodes left, though...

I did see that the next season is in the works...

Old Post Nov 11th, 2021 02:41 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Impossible to talk about because it really depends on going in spoiler free to get the most out of it.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2021 02:47 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I mean, that's most good shows, right?

There's still plenty to speculate about. But yeah, I need to finish Season 1 before I discuss too much...

Old Post Nov 11th, 2021 03:49 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I mean, that's most good shows, right?

There's still plenty to speculate about. But yeah, I need to finish Season 1 before I discuss too much...

It's true to an extent.

You can spoil, say, The Mandalorean and still get a lot out of it by watching. Squid Game largely depends on the twists and turns though, which makes it a great ride the first time through but I think would limit rewatching it.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2021 04:17 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Id say its less about the spoilers and more about going through the journey of how desperate these people are.

As for spoilers you think [SPOILER - highlight to read]: that cop is still alive?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2021 04:20 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Id say its less about the spoilers and more about going through the journey of how desperate these people are.

As for spoilers you think [SPOILER - highlight to read]: that cop is still alive?

Absolutely. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: No body, and he's way too prominent to go out like that. He'll be back.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2021 04:24 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by cdtm
Absolutely. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: No body, and he's way too prominent to go out like that. He'll be back.

Good because [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Seong is gonna need some back up

Old Post Nov 11th, 2021 04:31 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

is this show worth it to watch?

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 11th, 2021 09:16 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yes. I think its already like the biggest show ever on Netflix.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2021 09:59 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^Wow, is that true?

Watched some more last night. Have just the last episode left...

Old Post Nov 12th, 2021 10:59 AM
Darth Thor

^Wow, is that true?

Biggest launch ever at least:

https://www.thedrum.com/news/2021/1...with-111m-views

Old Post Nov 12th, 2021 12:53 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Finished the show. Look forward to Season 2.

I had to look up how much Korean won is worth compared to US dollars. I think 45,000,000,000 won is about $38,000,000? Give or take? Still a lot of money, but not a great exchange rate.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2021 02:18 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Biggest launch ever at least:

https://www.thedrum.com/news/2021/1...with-111m-views

That's pretty wild... I assume that's just a comparison to first seasons of other shows? Because I doubt it opened bigger than Season 2 or 3 of Stranger Things?

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Nov 13th, 2021 at 02:29 PM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2021 02:20 PM
Darth Thor

That's pretty wild... I assume that's just a comparison to first seasons of other shows? Because I doubt it opened bigger than Season 2 or 3 of Stranger Things?

I think it did tbh.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2021 04:33 PM