KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield

Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield

WOO!!!!

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Last edited by Jmanghan on Feb 28th, 2019 at 07:08 AM

Old Post Feb 28th, 2019 07:05 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

One pretty looking game

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 28th, 2019 07:10 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I'm disappointed that random encounters are back and the lack of Pokemon following behind the player. Those were two things from the LGPE games that I hoped would be carried forward. Also, I'm not a fan of the starters. Sobble is decent, but the other two don't look great. Hopefully, their evos are better.

Now, despite all that bitching, the game looks quite pretty. I like the idea of an Britain-esque region. As long as they don't keep interrupting the game with pointless cutscenes and dialogue like SuMo did, I'll be happy.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2019 07:31 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Random encounters are more balanced than any oother formula they have tried. Hopefully we'll get rustling Grass, bubbles in ponds and other map encounters.

With 800+ pokemon we are probably still too early for them to have working walking designs on parters following you.
It's honestly effot better directed somewhere else (but it's still a cool feature)

Old Post Feb 28th, 2019 07:47 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The Britain-like region is mostly the only thing that intrigued me but even then, is pretty much a bigger Kalos. Like with Sun/Moon and Ultra S/M, will wait till I dont have other games to anticipate in the near future and try out one of the versions then I guess. Pokemon hasnt hyped or impressed me that much in awhile to get on day 1 or something, but Detective Pikachu movie looks great!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2019 08:28 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Old Post Jun 11th, 2019 05:06 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

So apparently not every pokemon will be able to be transferred over... Unbelievable.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2019 06:59 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
So apparently not every pokemon will be able to be transferred over... Unbelievable.
Extremely confusing and weird for what was such a hype and awesome trailer.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2019 07:04 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote:
Masuda from Game Freak just confirmed in the Threehouse Live that similarly to Let's Go, not all 800+ Pokémon will be in the data for the games, only the Pokémon that are part of the Galar Pokédex.

Also Pokémon that aren't part of the Galar Pokédex can't be transfered to SWSH.

More info soon...

Says it's due to "balance and development time concerns"... Pathetic.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2019 07:15 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I hope this means there is a valid positive counterpart like actual Pokémon animations for those who got in. Technically this is not a big gameplay change as long as we can eventually pass our older pokemon into other versions

Old Post Jun 11th, 2019 08:04 PM
ares834

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 12th, 2019 09:28 PM
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
WOO!!!!

Plastic looking garbage. Looks like Pokemon Go and Stadium had a bastard child.

Go back to the classic look, it doesn't even feel like Pokenon anyone, just another generic jrpg. I'd rather play a fan game like Uranium then this.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2019 10:57 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

"Junichi Masuda reaffirms that the sheer volume of high quality animations and desire to balance further resulted in the decision to block transfer of some Pokémon"

Okay, let's look at one of the animations then...

https://imgur.com/UWtxOFU

Whoa, what an incredible kick! Nevermind the plastic art style, the animations are weak af. Even Let's Go or like the 3D Pokemon games on the Wii and such had animations with more life to them than this.

For context, Sword & Shield has been in development for likely 3 years and comes out in 6 months and not even the starter Pokemon has complete attack animations.

Unfortunate to be seeing this and other problems amid all the news of other Nintendo IP's looking on the up and up; even Super Mario Maker 2 going out of its way to listen to fans and addressing criticisms like with the online, while GameFreak just doesn't give a shit and settles for mediocrity. Balancing? Hah.

Enjoy your rushed assembly line games that is Pokemon I guess if you're still into it, but think I'll have to pass on this with all the other titles that have my attention more now.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2019 11:46 PM
cdtm

Nintendo and Gamefreak woke up one day and said "Hey, let's ruin the Pokémon franchise!"

A game series where the ENTIRE APPEAL is in catching every single Pokémon in a generation, including special events you need to physically fly yourself out to, transferring your hoard to the next generation, and doing it all over again.

Good idea, Nintendo, let's just piss all over 20 years of someone's obsession. They're only loyal fans as good as money in the bank, screw them, we're putting an end to "catch me all". (Don't even mention the fact you couldn't transfer every Pokémon in some older games, those were a travesty in and of themselves. Pokémon is about CATCHING.THEM.ALL! Period.)

Bottom line: Nintendo hates you.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2019 02:02 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

"But you CAN catch them all! From the games Dex. You just ain't transfer them from older games."

Not the point. If you can't have every single Pokémon in existence in your collection, Pokémon becomes pointless. This series is, and always has been, an extended card collection game. People put in a lot of work, time, and money to complete their collection. Those fans have effectively been shat on.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2019 02:13 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Nintendo doesn’t own GameFreak, so this is all on GF. But yeah, it’s a travesty and indefensible how Sword/Shield has turned out, especially now that mainline Pokemon has gone to full $60 games, and they look like upscaled 3DS games at best here; piss poor visuals compared to other Switch titles, with GameFreak’s tendency to do the bare minimum. The giant Pokemon battles or dynamax are also the least interesting gimmick introduced by far IMO, and not worth the time/resources if it meant sacrificing the full Pokedex.

The success of the mobile games I suppose are to blame in part for this laziness, but still. Also doesn’t help that GameFreak itself is tired of doing Pokemon at this point, as they would rather do passion/vanity projects instead, but the Pokemon Company should just give the rights to some other team that gives a damn and isn’t burnt out from working on the same franchise for over 20 years. Any other team would probably have better coding and animations than GameFreak too.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2019 06:06 PM
Jmanghan

I feel like they kinda dropped the ball, weird decisions all-around, half the decisions have been Phenomenal, other half aren't.

Like going ****ing IN on Smash Bros and third-party support for games yet having shitty online and this Pokemon mess.

This game will undoubtedly be fun, but it won't be one of the better Pokemon titles. :/

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2019 07:21 AM
Jmanghan

Old Post Nov 9th, 2019 12:34 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Not only that, but Nintendo has allowed preorder cancels for this steaming hot garbage. Only other thing they did for that recently was the Overwatch Switch port when Blizzard cancelled a similar event for it.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2019 06:16 AM
Quincy
Debaser

Not sure what starter I'm going to choose - leaning towards either Sobble or Grookey. I normally go grass but I don't really care for Grookey's evolutionary chain. I do really dig Inteleon's design though.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Nov 11th, 2019 03:31 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote