KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Why do you like Revenge of the Sith?

Why do you like Revenge of the Sith?
Started by: Scizard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scizard

Why do you like Revenge of the Sith?

To those who really like Revenge of the Sith and would put it in say the top 3 star wars movies, why?

I cannot understand this at all to be honest, I was watching the movie yesterday and 50% of it is people sitting and talking and the other 50% is mediocre action with CGI that doesn't hold up anymore.

I also feel like Anakin starts off quite bland, there's not much to actually make me like this character at the start of ROTS and after he's turned by Palpatine he just becomes jarringly delusional, just because dark side I guess?

So to those who really like ROTS, how come?

Old Post May 11th, 2020 11:09 AM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

ROTS, I think, is always going to be the 4th best Star Wars movie for me. Sure, it has its bad, but it also has some serious good too.

I disagree with the action being bland and the CGI not holding up though. The action ranges from okay to excellent (the final duel is, I only came to realise later, exactly what a battle between two Jedi should be). And for a movie with so much CGI, I think a lot of it holds up pretty well.

But that's me.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 11th, 2020 12:09 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

To me its a modern day Macbeth. It was great to get the Villains journey. Action is breathtaking. Starting with the opening space sequence, ending with Battle of the Heroes. The killing Dooku scene, Order 66, Kashyk. Theres like so much action.

Sitting and talking is kinda needed for any entertaining film. And the sitting and talking in this film included that classic opera scene.

In terms of special effects, to have Yoda in all out battle like that was really under appreciated at the time. And still holds up Imo.

Old Post May 11th, 2020 01:34 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
ROTS, I think, is always going to be the 4th best Star Wars movie for me. Sure, it has its bad, but it also has some serious good too.

I disagree with the action being bland and the CGI not holding up though. The action ranges from okay to excellent (the final duel is, I only came to realise later, exactly what a battle between two Jedi should be). And for a movie with so much CGI, I think a lot of it holds up pretty well.

But that's me.

I think the prominient scenes where I thought the quality was low was during Utapau, some of the visuals look like textures from old games and some of the action scenes just generally look blurry almost to me.

I think personally the action is overrated. Mace Windu vs Sidious & Grievous vs Obi have noticably choreography and Yoda and Sidious' lightsaber fight is just spinning and hitting each others lightsabers for or a minute, or however long it is, although I do enjoy their force battle quite a bit.

The only fight scene that really does it for me is Anakin vs Kenobi and that also has similar issues for me like hitting each others lightsabers and pointless spinning, don't get me wrong though it's definitely one of the better fights.

But yeah thanks for answering.

Old Post May 12th, 2020 11:44 AM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

Originally posted by Darth Thor
To me its a modern day Macbeth. It was great to get the Villains journey. Action is breathtaking. Starting with the opening space sequence, ending with Battle of the Heroes. The killing Dooku scene, Order 66, Kashyk. Theres like so much action.

Sitting and talking is kinda needed for any entertaining film. And the sitting and talking in this film included that classic opera scene.

In terms of special effects, to have Yoda in all out battle like that was really under appreciated at the time. And still holds up Imo.

Kashyyyk and Order 66 are definitely the better scenes imo, although I don't believe either of them last very long. Personally the killing Dooku scene makes no sense to me, but I do like some of the fight actually. Wish Dooku was in it more but it probably had to be done. Grievous just doesn't do it for me.

Yeah I agree lots of the talking scenes all had some level of importance, nothing major stood out to me though.

Unfortunately I can't say I like the buzzdroid scene very much either, just a bit too comical for me even though it's not really supposed to be, I think Battle of Coruscant background stuff is cool though, it just doesn't really get focused on for very long.

Personally not a fan of the Yoda duel due to it just looking silly to me, but It's definitely impressive for 2005 that they can actually do that, but that doesn't make me like the scene anymore.

I would say my favourite part of the movie is probably the music and the storming of the Jedi Temple.

Old Post May 12th, 2020 11:52 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Re: Why do you like Revenge of the Sith?

Originally posted by Scizard
To those who really like Revenge of the Sith and would put it in say the top 3 star wars movies, why?

I cannot understand this at all to be honest, I was watching the movie yesterday and 50% of it is people sitting and talking and the other 50% is mediocre action with CGI that doesn't hold up anymore.

I also feel like Anakin starts off quite bland, there's not much to actually make me like this character at the start of ROTS and after he's turned by Palpatine he just becomes jarringly delusional, just because dark side I guess?

So to those who really like ROTS, how come?

Too many reasons to list.

R2D2 vs. Super Battle Droids.

Obi & Ani vs. Dooku.

Obi "Hello there" Kenobi vs. Grievous.

Order 66.

Sidious vs. Jedi Council Members.

Sidious vs. Yoda.

Kenobi vs. Skywalker.

Also, it's still being used as a meme goldmine, after all these years.

And if you're still not convinced... tell me...

... did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise?

Old Post May 18th, 2020 11:20 AM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ thumb up thumb up

Old Post May 20th, 2020 04:38 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Re: Why do you like Revenge of the Sith?

Originally posted by Scizard

Which three would you rank above it?

ANH, ESB, and RotJ?

IMO, RotS is more enjoyable than RotJ and, obviously, far better than any of the sequels.

Old Post May 20th, 2020 10:30 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

I prefer all three of those along with TLJ, TFA & Rogue One.

The only duel I really like in the movie is Anakin vs Kenobi, I also enjoy the force battle between Yoda and Sidious, but the saber duel itself looks retarded.

I like Order 66, although have barely any connection with most of those characters so it doesn't leave the good area for me.

Old Post May 24th, 2020 03:36 PM
Darth Thor

So I mixed and matched ROTS with the last 4 episodes of Clone Wars, which was a fun watch. Was easy to switch back and forth with both being on Disney plus.

Old Post May 27th, 2020 11:11 PM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Not sure where I would rank ROTS. Definitely one of my favs though.

What I'm confident in saying is that we got two of the best scenes in all 9 films in this movie.......the opera scene, and Anakin and Padme gazing at each-other across Coruscant. Beautiful.

If I have one nit-pick with this movie, it's that Anakin and Obi-Wan are seperated too long. Best of friends one minute....sworn enemies an hour later without once having seen each other in between.

It's a very good movie that is at the same time, also short of amazing. Getting rid of Grievous and the Utapau stuff, and throwing Obi-Wan more into the mix of Anakin's downfall would have held more weight in my opinion.

I like George.

Last edited by Sith Master X on May 30th, 2020 at 02:23 AM

Old Post May 30th, 2020 02:20 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Having read the novel makes me appreciate the film more.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2020 08:48 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Originally posted by Darth Thor
So I mixed and matched ROTS with the last 4 episodes of Clone Wars, which was a fun watch. Was easy to switch back and forth with both being on Disney plus.
good idea, i should do that too

Old Post Jun 9th, 2020 01:06 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

You guys can't be serious. no expression

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2021 09:03 PM
Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

You can't be serious about liking TPM more than ROTS... stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 18th, 2021 09:56 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You can't be serious about liking TPM more than ROTS... stick out tongue
At least Jar Jar Binks has a character arc.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2021 01:03 AM
Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

TPM is an underrated movie. A bit shaky at times, especially in the beginning, but the movie did feel the closest to the originals in my opinion.

I like George.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2021 11:51 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I like everything up until they go to Coruscant, and everything after Coruscant, but there is some awful slog in the middle imo.

As far as ROTS goes, I like it more than I used to, but I still think it has some issues that don't quite make it as good as the OT.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2021 12:58 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

TPM was just Lucas trying to remake ANH where it's a story about some weirdo who befriends some people and saves the day in the end. Unfortunately he had to include some shit that went against his vision because his vision was weird and terrible. Then he just tried to correct himself.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2021 11:48 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Remember that scene in RotS where Obi-Wan is fighting General Grievous and accidentally steps in his poo and goes "Oh! Icky icky goo!" Or that scene where Padme is confronting Anakin on Mustafar but he farts and she goes "P-yousa!"

Those moments are why RotS is such a classic, awesome, Star Wars movie.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2022 05:19 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote