KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » What If???

What If???
Started by: shksprtx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
shksprtx
Cosmic Redneck

What If???

If you could write a "What If?" type story for Marvel, DC, or one of the other companies, what would the premise be?

If you already have something in mind that you are trying to shop around, you certainly don't have to go into detail, but I thought this could be an interesting discussion.

For example, I would love to script a "What if Tony Stark never became Iron Man" story.

It would go back to Iron Man's origin. Captured by Wong Chu but uninjured by shrapnel, Stark develops Stockholm Syndrome and, rather than secretly develop the Iron Man armor, becomes a Communist sympathizer, lending his technical expertise to Wong Chu. Eventually, Stark discovers a wrecked alien ship of unknown origin and comes into possession of a set of rings which give him a multitude of powers. Donning a mask, Stark takes up the mantle of the Mandarin. As the Mandarin, he becomes Wong Chu's strong-arm enforcer, and wreaks havoc as an anti-American terrorist.

Not sure how I would have that develop or where I would go with it. I think Iron Man would eventually come into being, but I'm not sure who it would be or how.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2008 04:36 AM
shksprtx is currently offline Click here to Send shksprtx a Private Message Find more posts by shksprtx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jimmydepee

what if Superman become green lantern rather than Kyle rayner

what if it was Clark kent that was walking down that street rather than kyle so instead of kyle girlfriend dying i was lois so superman become evil and destroyed the world

and what if hulk had let tony and dr strange die

Old Post Jun 29th, 2008 11:58 AM
jimmydepee is currently offline Click here to Send jimmydepee a Private Message Find more posts by jimmydepee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D_A_R_E
Heiress of Darkness

What if Raven had been evil and was in league with Trigon?

What if Wonder Woman had never been molded from clay?

What if Clark Kent had been found by some one like Lex Luthor?

Mine are quite lame I think.. XP

"I'll take the world when it turns on you. I'll set it on fire.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2008 07:36 PM
D_A_R_E is currently offline Click here to Send D_A_R_E a Private Message Find more posts by D_A_R_E Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Re: What If???

quote: (post)
Originally posted by shksprtx
If you could write a "What If?" type story for Marvel, DC, or one of the other companies, what would the premise be?

If you already have something in mind that you are trying to shop around, you certainly don't have to go into detail, but I thought this could be an interesting discussion.

For example, I would love to script a "What if Tony Stark never became Iron Man" story.

It would go back to Iron Man's origin. Captured by Wong Chu but uninjured by shrapnel, Stark develops Stockholm Syndrome and, rather than secretly develop the Iron Man armor, becomes a Communist sympathizer, lending his technical expertise to Wong Chu. Eventually, Stark discovers a wrecked alien ship of unknown origin and comes into possession of a set of rings which give him a multitude of powers. Donning a mask, Stark takes up the mantle of the Mandarin. As the Mandarin, he becomes Wong Chu's strong-arm enforcer, and wreaks havoc as an anti-American terrorist.

Not sure how I would have that develop or where I would go with it. I think Iron Man would eventually come into being, but I'm not sure who it would be or how.

With a solid writer, I could see this one being a great one shot. thumb up Or even a two or three parter.

I'd love for someone to write a story about Superman experiencing cosmic awareness........., and having it go way out of control ala Genis.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2008 09:20 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

What if Janet had hit Hank?

Originally posted by jimmydepee
what if Superman become green lantern rather than Kyle rayner

what if it was Clark kent that was walking down that street rather than kyle so instead of kyle girlfriend dying i was lois so superman become evil and destroyed the world

and what if hulk had let tony and dr strange die

When did he rescue them?

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Jun 29th, 2008 09:29 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

What If Kitty Pryde hadn't the phased the bullet at the climax of Astonishing X-Men?

There would only be a handful of Humans (including mutants here) left, and the majority of them super powered. Where would they go from there?

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Jun 30th, 2008 02:39 AM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

What if Adam X was actually in a story?

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2008 05:32 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

what if professor xavier had become the juggernaut
what if apocalypse had gained the power of the twelve

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Jun 30th, 2008 05:55 AM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by Nihilist

Hasn't that been done?

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2008 06:35 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

What if someone had poked the watcher in both eyes?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2008 08:24 AM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

This actually happened, like 20 years ago

I would also like to see Apocalypse with the power of the twelve. We got a taste of how powerful he would have become.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2008 01:58 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I made up my own mini series once lol, just wrote down key points on a piece of paper, i had a what if related to that.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2008 02:20 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jimmydepee

what if cap hadn't died and him and Bucky were together
What if mutants stop felling for them selves

Old Post Jun 30th, 2008 04:40 PM
jimmydepee is currently offline Click here to Send jimmydepee a Private Message Find more posts by jimmydepee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

Originally posted by llagrok
This actually happened, like 20 years ago

i am talking about a new uptake and making him really bad ass.

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Jun 30th, 2008 06:03 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

i am talking about a new uptake and making him really bad ass.

He was really badass.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2008 06:31 PM
Nihilist

He was really badass.

not bad ass enough imo

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Jun 30th, 2008 06:32 PM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

not bad ass enough imo

Beat all of earth's superpowered beings and ruled the world?

What more can he do?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2008 06:33 PM
Nihilist

Beat all of earth's superpowered beings and ruled the world?

What more can he do?

beat up skyfather lvl people.

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Jun 30th, 2008 06:42 PM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

beat up skyfather lvl people.

How? Most skyfathers would **** through cyttorak's enchantment.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2008 06:54 PM
Nihilist

How? Most skyfathers would **** through cyttorak's enchantment.

forget it.

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Jun 30th, 2008 07:03 PM