KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dragon Ball Fighters

Dragon Ball Fighters
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Dragon Ball Fighters

This one will be more 2.5D fighting

coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC

developed by Arc System Works and due out worldwide in early 2018.

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/arc-syst...ps4-xbox-one-pc

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 07:48 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

looks interesting

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 02:13 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 09:59 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

So what, is this Budokai 3 with Super elements?

Sounds like a downgrade to me. stick out tongue

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 10:02 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

More like it's closer to an actual fighter when made by the people behind Guilty Gear and BlazBlue. DBS content doesn't affect the quality of a game for me and others as it might for you. =p I just take it the same way I have GT content in games; something from an inferior successor series, but nice to have as fanservice for extra game content.

GT's had less and less presence in games now though of course. Worst case I saw of it was when a dev or someone behind Xenoverse 2 was asked about why they didn't have SSJ4 as a form for created saiyan characters, and they responded with "it would've been too difficult to have all that different body fur for different saiyans" or something along those lines, so they just later had SSJ4 as an aesthetic costume instead. Sooo hard, and Namco has even less excuse not to have Blue or God form for created saiyans when they had the golden form for Frieza race characters, but what do they give created saiyans as a new thing for Xenoverse 2? Oh, SSJ3.

Anyway, not sure what to really expect for this game here, aside from being a breath of fresh air.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 10:51 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

It's made by Arc System Works,, so that alone is worth considering.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 11:03 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Also the older games for the Snes were 2D

Hyper Dimension was the best one out of the lot

go check it out on a emulator, Only way to for those games.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 02:18 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The SNES ones weren't released outside of Japan (it was before Dragon Ball or anime in general became huge in the West), so I had to play those on emulator at the time. Don't remember Hyper Dimension by this point but as far as 2D's, I was partial to Supersonic Warriors (at least the first one) on GBA which can also be emulated elsewhere...

But yeah, compared to all of Namco's 3D Dragon Ball game series, the 2D's are a rarity by this point which is why this new Fighters game is already cherished by some.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 02:24 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Goku better go Super Saiyan God

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 02:27 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
The SNES ones weren't released outside of Japan (it was before Dragon Ball or anime in general became huge in the West), so I had to play those on emulator at the time. Don't remember Hyper Dimension by this point but as far as 2D's, I was partial to Supersonic Warriors (at least the first one) on GBA which can also be emulated elsewhere...

But yeah, compared to all of Namco's 3D Dragon Ball game series, the 2D's are a rarity by this point which is why this new Fighters game is already cherished by some.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 02:30 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 04:22 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Looks sexay graphics are better then in any DB game so far. Supers look awesome.
Add God Broly, Janemba, Super 13, Hit, Rose and Im in...

Bankai.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 06:02 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

This'll have a closed beta during the summer apparently.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 07:15 PM
Bro SMASH

Forget about MvCI. THIS is the game I'm getting!

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Last edited by Bro SMASH on Jun 15th, 2017 at 08:13 PM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2017 08:10 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

The style on this looks great. I’ll probably buy it just because it looks so beautiful.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2017 08:13 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Looking like it's going to be a really good game

Old Post Jun 15th, 2017 08:18 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Forget about MvCI. THIS is the game I'm getting!

It's uncanny how DBF utterly destroyed MvCI.

http://www.gamesradar.com/dragon-ba...r-is-concerned/

Just going by the visual comparisons there as pointed out, MvCI looks like a joke compared to DB Fighters. Capcom rushed the game out which also resulted in its lackluster roster that has also been panned. Hopefully they learn from this, after getting their asses handed to them by a Dragon Ball game of all things.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2017 08:31 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I retweeted this, because Dragon Ball Fighters needs to be on the Switch!

https://twitter.com/maximilian_/sta...713309641748482

Switch already has Xenoverse 2, so why not?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 09:03 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
It's uncanny how DBF utterly destroyed MvCI.

http://www.gamesradar.com/dragon-ba...r-is-concerned/

Just going by the visual comparisons there as pointed out, MvCI looks like a joke compared to DB Fighters. Capcom rushed the game out which also resulted in its lackluster roster that has also been panned. Hopefully they learn from this, after getting their asses handed to them by a Dragon Ball game of all things.
To be fair MvsC3 is still better than both lol

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 12:30 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Eh, I like MvC3 too, having gotten a current gen port of it recently, but it's hard to really compare to like a real Dragon Ball fighter which is a different beast. Infinite just deserved the ridicule and backlash it got for being the rushed mess and arguably unfinished game that it was (as it currently is at least).

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 01:07 AM