KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Batman

Batman
Started by: GordonSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Batman

The Batman Film Series lasted(so far) four features over an eight year span between 1989 and 1997. The only constant throught all four was Michael Gough as Aldred Pennyworth. The first two films were darker than the last two, which seemed to be made primarily for laughs and cheap jokes. Having said this, my favorite is the third installment, Batman Forever. Val Kilmer and Chris O'Donnell won me over as the then-latest version of Batman and Robin while JimCarrey did an excellent job at recreating the role originated by Frank Gorshin. Which ones are your favorites, and why? I challenge anyone to answer. cool

Old Post Apr 5th, 2003 08:36 PM
GordonSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Augeybana
Augeygeta

I can't agree ,the third is better than the very bad acting forth.But there can only be one batman thats Micheal Keaton,batman is supposed to be dark batman and he played a very crazy batman.Val kilmer did better than George Clooney but he did a better Bruce WAyne but he to Handsome for the job and didn't have the vegence for it.Chris O'Donnell played a good robin,And the riddler is my favorite character and Jim Carrey played it quite well.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2003 08:44 PM
Augeybana is currently offline Click here to Send Augeybana a Private Message Find more posts by Augeybana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

Batman is by far the best, the first movie was good because of the intitial intrigue and darkness, plus Jack Nicholson was the best of all the bad guys in any of the batman movies, he was brilliant. I liked all the movies, but as GS has pointed out the later films were more for little extras, be it laughs, cheap jokes or extra gadgets/special effects.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2003 08:47 PM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Michael Keaton WAS the darkest of all the Batmans.However, Val Kilmer did have his moments as a brooding Brue Wayne, especially the scenes with the flashbacks.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2003 08:47 PM
GordonSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

Val Kilmer had a bit of a head start in that he is a darker actor than the comival Michael Keaton, but for a Comic type actor to have pulled off what he did as batman is also a good achievement in determining which was the better of the movies.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2003 08:51 PM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Augeybana
Augeygeta

Nothing could be as bad as Batman And Robin.Worst bad guy,Bat girl looked good but acted badly,George Clonney lost my repect for awhlie until I saw FRom Dusk till dawn agian on video.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2003 08:52 PM
Augeybana is currently offline Click here to Send Augeybana a Private Message Find more posts by Augeybana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

I could never get into Clooney's version for some reason. And I can remember the controversy when Keaton was cast as for the first film. He was considered too comical due to his doing films like Beetlejuice and Mr.Mom. But boy did he show them! He proved everybody wrong and is now considered the best Batman ever.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2003 08:56 PM
Augeybana
Augeygeta

Yeah but That sadly would be Micheal Keaton major work since I believe he's trying to be recogonized for something else .

Old Post Apr 5th, 2003 09:05 PM
Corran
Lucifer

Not sure I would consider Keaton as the best Batman, he starred in the best Batman movie, But I still think Kilmer should have the acolade of best Batman. If Kilmaer had been the first batman I beleive it would have goten far great acolade. It also had the best musical score too, Prince is a genius.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2003 09:15 PM
Augeybana
Augeygeta

I would rather say Keaton as best batman and Kilmer as best Bruce wayne.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2003 09:26 PM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

The only one I never saw all the way through was Batman Returns(Keaton again). It seemed even darker than the first. I never could really get into it. As for the fourth entry, the best thing about that was Alicia Silverstone as Batgirl. I had a huge crush on her back then. But all the characterisations were off:Batman and Robin, under the spell of Poison Ivy, ran around like schoolboys!And we musn't forget Arnold Schwarzanegger as Mr Freeze.(Talk about bad casting!)

Old Post Apr 6th, 2003 03:05 AM
Augeybana
Augeygeta

I knew that movie was going to bomb it might have destroyed that franchise of batman like Aliens.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2003 03:40 AM
desilu

batman and batman returns were by far the best films due to keaton as batman, which he was the best of the three, and tim burton as the director. Once they got Schumacher as the director the last two films sucked. What the hell was with all the neon lights in Gotham, it was supposed to be dark like the first two. the neon lights made the films look cheesy, the last two films also seemed as bad as the television show with Adam West as batman. the new one better be dark and they should get Keaton but i thought i heard its supposed to be Colin Farrell, i hope not though.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2003 04:53 AM
desilu is currently offline Click here to Send desilu a Private Message Find more posts by desilu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Augeybana
Augeygeta

Colin Farrell would make a good bad guy,he was good as bullseye on daredevil.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2003 03:13 PM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

So if they ever get around to making Batman 5, who would you like to see in the cape and cowl?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2003 03:14 PM
Augeybana
Augeygeta

I would love Micheal Keaton but I heard the movie is being called Batman year one where it recounts the first year he's batman.I heard brad Pitt was supposed to be in it but he's too old.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2003 03:26 PM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Brad Pitt would be a bad choice for Batman. As for Batman 5, I hear there are at least three seperate scripts under consideration. Batman:Year One is the one I have heard the most about, in terms of them actually making it into a movie.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2003 03:36 PM
Augeybana
Augeygeta

HMM

What ever happened to batman vs superman movie?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2003 03:41 PM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

I did hear something about it recently, but I haven't heard anything definite on it yet.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2003 04:03 PM
Augeybana
Augeygeta

Hope so batman would kick superman @$$.I also heard a superman movie that has a budget of $225 million budget.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2003 07:07 PM