KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Who Should Play The Joker?

Who Should Play The Joker?
Started by: TheFilmProphet

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Who Should Play The Joker?

Without revealing any spoilers the newly released Batman Begins obviosuly opens the doors for the character of Joker to make an appearance in the film's sequel. Now comes the question: Which actor should play the Joker in the sequel?

The following names have been thrown into the mix along with many more.

Lachy Hulme
(please log in to view the image)

Crispin Glover

Feel free to throw in any actors you think are suitable for the role as well.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 04:25 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

Thats a hard question. Are you sure they will make another movie?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 04:27 AM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kieralinn

Crispin Glover...'nough said!

He would be just the right amount of weirdo and creepy the part needs!

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 04:29 AM
Kieralinn is currently offline Click here to Send Kieralinn a Private Message Find more posts by Kieralinn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kieralinn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by vaya_the_elf

Bale, Oldman and Cain are signed for two more already

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 04:30 AM
Kieralinn is currently offline Click here to Send Kieralinn a Private Message Find more posts by Kieralinn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Edward Norton maybe?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 04:47 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

Originally posted by vaya_the_elf

Yes,

Originally posted by Kieralinn
Crispin Glover...'nough said!

He would be just the right amount of weirdo and creepy the part needs!

Wow, I actually had the exact same picture saved to my comp and was going to post it when I created the thread but I chose a different one instead.

Anyway, he is the best suggestion I have heard thus far and I feel he would fit perfectly into the atmosphere Chrisopher Nolan has created for the films.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 04:55 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

If only Mark Hamill was taller and younger. He would be perfect in my opinion. I mean when I think of the Joker i think of his voice.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 05:00 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

Actually now that you mention it, we created an article today about actors being considered and Mark popped up. Although he isn't very ideal for the role in my opinion, he does have the perfect voice so unless they used his voice in the place of another actor's own then I don't see how he could really be involved.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 05:06 AM
NoFate007

MH's Joker was absolutely amazing. I consider that better than Nicholson's, which was still really good. That'd be cool if they could get someone to play the role and then dub Hamill's voice over it, without it looking ridiculous and misplaced.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 06:17 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

The bad guy from the first Series of 24.

He's currently in "Revelations".

I just saw him and thought - wow, he looks like a good Joker. Perfect hairline, age, face shape, grin, and can act.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 01:43 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

I cant see how they are going to get someone to beat jack nicholsons performance

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 01:43 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gannon
Mild Mannered

Jim Carrey

deviantArt | Duel Record 12:7 | My Sigs

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 03:40 PM
Gannon is currently offline Click here to Send Gannon a Private Message Find more posts by Gannon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

damn i wasnt even thinking Glover would fit as joker till i saw that side by side pic....guess he would be good. I think he would be better as the riddler tho' he could bring a darker, less goofy side of riddler than carey did Hard choice, either way he should play one of the two, the pic in the first post--riddler, the side by side--joker

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 03:59 PM
SithSpy is currently offline Click here to Send SithSpy a Private Message Find more posts by SithSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Mark hamill, he even looks like the failed comidian who turned into the joker from the killing joke!!!

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 03:35 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Um.... Jack Nicholson was already the Joker. They are not going to redo the sequel, and if they do, so help me god...

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 04:13 AM
Soren the Mage is currently offline Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

Not making much sense LordSorgo,

I still believe that Glover is a good pick for the role of Joker although I'm not entirely sure he has the voice and or the vocal ability for the role. If Willem Dafoe hadn't already played the Green Goblin he would likely make a decent Joker in the next Batman film in my opinion.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 04:27 AM
RevoWution™©®
pr0F3ss0r_F4rnsw0rth

I reckon Crispin Glover would make the perfect Joker in future Batman movies. He looks the part.

quote:
If Willem Dafoe hadn't already played the Green Goblin he would likely make a decent Joker in the next Batman film in my opinion.

True if Dafoe didn't do the Green Goblin, he wouldn't be too bad, but don't you think he looks a bit too old, TFP? smile

Not a bad choice though, but I have to go with your very 1st post in this thread, Mr Crispin Glover

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: All your Rick Roll are belong to me!!

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 04:36 AM
RevoWution™©® is currently offline Click here to Send RevoWution™©® a Private Message Find more posts by RevoWution™©® Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
king_arthur

There can only be one Joker and that is Jack Nicholson.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 04:51 AM
king_arthur is currently offline Click here to Send king_arthur a Private Message Find more posts by king_arthur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RevoWution™©®
pr0F3ss0r_F4rnsw0rth

That's true as well, Jack Nicholson did an awesome job as the Joker, but I guess it's time to give other actors a chance as well.

Nicholson did a phenomenal job as the Clown Prince of Crime!

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: All your Rick Roll are belong to me!!

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 04:57 AM
RevoWution™©® is currently offline Click here to Send RevoWution™©® a Private Message Find more posts by RevoWution™©® Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

Originally posted by TMACalicious
True if Dafoe didn't do the Green Goblin, he wouldn't be too bad, but don't you think he looks a bit too old, TFP? smile

Not a bad choice though, but I have to go with your very 1st post in this thread, Mr Crispin Glover

Valid point, even if he hadn't already played the Goblin he would still be a bit too aged for the role.

Nonetheless, I still go with Crispin Glover as I previously stated.

As for Jack, if there is an actor out there who can give a credible and convincing twist on the legendary role of the Joker then I believe it is finally time for Jack to pass on the torch to a predecessor. After all, it has been a lengthy 16 years since we last saw the Joker on the big screen and the numbers will nearly reach 20 by the time a sequel to Batman Begins is released.

Last edited by Praylu on Jun 18th, 2005 at 05:32 AM

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 05:27 AM