KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Have you contracted COVID?

Have you contracted COVID?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 8 88.89%
No 1 11.11%
Total: 9 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Started by: Adam_PoE

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam_PoE

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2024 09:20 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i have it rn, first time, day #4

Hasn't been too brutal, thanks to the vaccine i'm sure smile

i never updated the shots, last one was over 2 years ago (3 phizer shots total). probably wouldnt even have covid if i updated. oh well

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2024 09:46 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I got sick in Feb of 2020, probably was COVID. Lingered for a long time after.

I got COVID a second time in 2023, wasn't too terrible. 4-6 days or so of feeling bad, then faded away rather quick.

I've had a total of four COVID vaccines, most recent was the booster I got along with my yearly Flu vaccine in late 2023.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2024 09:51 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

In all honesty I don't know. A couple of years ago I had a pretty important meeting at my company's head office and felt rotten in the 3 days leading up to it. Bad cold symptoms but with a weird chesty cough unlike anything I'd had before. I tested negative 3 times in the 2 days. I also had to drive 3 colleagues to the meeting and within 3 days, 2 of them tested positive after being in the car with me.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2024 01:31 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I got it probably July-ish 2022, I think?

It sucked, but in a different way than most people, I think because of allergy issues I have.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2024 01:55 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Unfortunately, I got it for the first time over the holidays.

I was visiting family in the suburbs. We all tested negative the day I arrived, but a couple days later, my mother started showing symptoms, and tested positive on a re-test.

We all quarantined and masked, but a couple days later, my sister and I both started showing symptoms, and tested positive as well.

Fortunately, I was up-to-date on my boosters, and was able to get Paxlovid the same day with proof of a positive test.

So far, it has felt like a really bad cold. I do not know how I would be feeling without anti-viral medication though.

I did not experience symptoms in the typical order. And the worst for me has been the fatigue, followed by the sore throat, and the intermittent fever. Fortunately, I have not had any respiratory problems.

It definitely ruined my winter holiday though. I got better just in time to return to work.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2024 06:38 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

My girlfriend tested herself one day when she was sick and found out she had covid. I then tested myself and found out I had covid. Outside of a sore throat, I would not have even known. I also have no vaccines.

It's crazy what not being a 90 year old with no immune system can do against the flu.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2024 04:45 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

^^

r/thathappened

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2024 05:20 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Unfortunately, I got it for the first time over the holidays.

I was visiting family in the suburbs. We all tested negative the day I arrived, but a couple days later, my mother started showing symptoms, and tested positive on a re-test.

We all quarantined and masked, but a couple days later, my sister and I both started showing symptoms, and tested positive as well.

Fortunately, I was up-to-date on my boosters, and was able to get Paxlovid the same day with proof of a positive test.

So far, it has felt like a really bad cold. I do not know how I would be feeling without anti-viral medication though.

I did not experience symptoms in the typical order. And the worst for me has been the fatigue, followed by the sore throat, and the intermittent fever. Fortunately, I have not had any respiratory problems.

It definitely ruined my winter holiday though. I got better just in time to return to work.

I took Paxlovid when I got it the second time, I found the nasty-moith side effects to be worse, so I stopped taking it 3 days in.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2024 06:02 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Robtard
I took Paxlovid when I got it the second time, I found the nasty-moith side effects to be worse, so I stopped taking it 3 days in.

I do not find Paxlovid mouth to be that bad. It is bitter, but it goes away if you chew cinammon gum. Then everything tastes normal again.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2024 12:06 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

I got the permanent nasty-taste from it, took days to go away as well after I stopped. Online it's called "Paxlovid Mouth".

Old Post Jan 4th, 2024 05:25 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

It’s f*cking horrible actually. My last dose is tonight, so one more morning of waking up with a taste like a robot took a shit my mouth

Old Post Jan 4th, 2024 05:44 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Metallic nastiness is right.

Some people don't get the side effect as bad or at all.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2024 06:03 PM
Adam_PoE

I only had Paxlovid mouth while taking the medication. Twelve hours after my last dose, it went away completely. Even then, I only had it intermittently, not continuously. And in my experience, if you chew cinammon gum, it will neutralize it, and it will go away for hours.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2024 06:05 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

You're one of the lucky ones. My wife got it as well, but very minor compared to me.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2024 06:08 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I've had it 3 times now, unfortunately.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 5th, 2024 01:06 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xXI_wing_IXx
Junior

Once or twice I think. More than year ago near Christmas. Had sore throat and voice is raspy and hoarse. Think most have contracted Covid once in their lifetime.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2024 02:41 AM
xXI_wing_IXx is currently offline Click here to Send xXI_wing_IXx a Private Message Find more posts by xXI_wing_IXx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
^^

r/thathappened

You might actually be retarded. thumb up

Old Post Jan 10th, 2024 02:26 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

“Nobody believed my bullshit story reeeee”

Old Post Jan 10th, 2024 02:57 PM
Trocity

^^ When you're so intellectually malnourished that you think covid is a deadly plague for extremely fit young 20 somethings.

Black don't crack, pasty ass. laughing out loud What's it like being old and frail?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2024 06:32 PM