KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Silent Hill

Silent Hill
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Silent Hill

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ru...6#post-30901458

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ru...7#post-30904935

There's been a metric ton of Silent Hill rumors and leaks in recent months (like Masahiro Ito teasing involvement in a new game, horror manga artist Suehiro Maruo tweeting about Silent Hill at the Konami offices, and Dusk Golem leaking a franchise reboot game). Most recently, a user on ResetEra claimed that a reboot with Masahiro Ito, Keiichiro Toyama, and Akira Yamaoka (all of them are notable series veterans) is in the works and set to be revealed in the coming months. He provided proof of his claims to a ResetEra mod who has verified the information. I don't know what to make of this since I'm a skeptic when it comes to potentially painful BS rumors (we don't know the nature of the proof the mod verified or how easily that proof can be fabricated), but it seems worth discussing. I need Silent Hill back in my life.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 9th, 2020 09:01 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Shut the hell up

Old Post Apr 10th, 2020 12:26 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Or what?

PWNT

Old Post Apr 10th, 2020 01:26 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Be a silent shill and play the pachinko machines!

... I deserve a slap for that one.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2020 02:06 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

But Konami said they weren't making another silent hill.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Apr 10th, 2020 02:14 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I hope rumors about Sony trying to buy SH and Metal Gear off Konami are true if it means getting them back in Kojima's hands again.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2020 02:20 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I hope rumors about Sony trying to buy SH and Metal Gear off Konami are true if it means getting them back in Kojima's hands again.

I heard they trying get Castlevania as well. Would be neat, although Bloodstained is more than worthy as a successor.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Be a silent shill and play the pachinko machines!

... I deserve a slap for that one.

Solid because it's true.

Konami has denied all these, so I wouldn't get my hopes up. There is a Silent Hill movie in the works, along with a Fatal Frame one. Maybe those won't suck horribly. I don't see us getting a proper game for a long time, sadly.

Last edited by StyleTime on Apr 10th, 2020 at 02:24 AM

Old Post Apr 10th, 2020 02:21 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I don't have hopes for the movie either tbh.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Apr 10th, 2020 02:55 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Yeah. And with Fatal Frame, much of the appeal and horror comes from having to take the pictures yourself. I don't know how they'd recreate that in a movie.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2020 01:30 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Masahiro Ito just retweeted the PS5 event date.

(please log in to view the image)

PWNT

Old Post May 29th, 2020 09:22 PM
Arachnid1

https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1...1_&ref_url=

Tons of leaked images from an SH game in development from Dusk Golem. The most notable image is the leaked concepted art signed by Masahiro Ito (linked below). After posting all this, Golem got DMCAed by Konami. This is looking legit people. That text on the last image also confirms Japanese devs (that model was also already found; she works out of Japan).

https://i.imgur.com/5KGXF2j.png

PWNT

Old Post May 14th, 2022 07:44 PM
StyleTime

I saw something about this earlier. It's definitely interesting, and I hope it pans out.

As of now, I won't get my hopes up though. Considering the last SH still got cancelled despite all the momentum it had, this one could be just as easily lost to the wind.

Last edited by StyleTime on May 14th, 2022 at 08:34 PM

Old Post May 14th, 2022 08:26 PM
Arachnid1

Ladies and gentlemen...

...it's dinner time.

https://twitter.com/SilentHill/stat...MCimdfawvMrAAAA
https://www.konami.com/games/silenthill/

Game reveal is on Wednesday.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Oct 16th, 2022 at 10:01 PM

Old Post Oct 16th, 2022 09:52 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Finally Konami getting their shit back together.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2022 11:40 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Can't wait for the reveal of the new Silent Hill pachinko machine. thumb up

Old Post Oct 16th, 2022 11:53 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by NemeBro
Can't wait for the reveal of the new Silent Hill pachinko machine. thumb up
A pachinko joke

Very original

https://imgur.com/uXazoaW.gif

PWNT

Old Post Oct 17th, 2022 01:09 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

There have been 2 good Silent Hill games, the rest have been garbage.

90% chance that whatever they announce will also be garbage.

A faithful remake of the first game would be cool. A decent remaster would also be cool. Any new game is going to be toilet water.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2022 03:02 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

More like 4 of the Silent Hill games have been good. After that 4th game is when they went to shit.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2022 03:13 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by BackFire
There have been 2 good Silent Hill games, the rest have been garbage.

90% chance that whatever they announce will also be garbage.

A faithful remake of the first game would be cool. A decent remaster would also be cool. Any new game is going to be toilet water.
Genuinely curious as to which 2 you mean.

1-4 were all fantastic. 2 and 4 had the best stories. 3 and 4 had the best horror. 1 was a good mix of both but not the top at any.

PWNT

Old Post Oct 17th, 2022 05:08 AM
Dante158
The Soul Stealer

Finally Konami has just getting back into their root of gaming! So glad that they announced it tho

Old Post Oct 17th, 2022 10:45 AM
Dante158 is currently offline Click here to Send Dante158 a Private Message Find more posts by Dante158 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote