KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Should Star Trek be allowed to die?

Should Star Trek be allowed to die?
Started by: Badabing

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Badabing
Karen

Should Star Trek be allowed to die?

The Kelvin timeline movies got progressively worse. ST Beyond was just bad imo. ST Picard is brutal. Picard is a gimped version of himself. Seems that Starfleet is full of foul mouthed Karens, wannabe Han Solo guys and the Federation seems to be a dystopian society now.

To be fair, ST Discovery has become marginally better from season 1 to season 3. The SJW messages are down as well. But Michael is still the only person who can save the day. And what's with the deep and emotional scenes every 8 minutes where someone cries?

I say let Star Trek end with a whimper. Paramount should have taken more than a few years from ST Enterprise to the Kelvin timeline movies.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jan 30th, 2021 03:13 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Deep fake the original crew, that is all! It's life Jim, but not as we know it.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2021 08:38 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
We are getting close enough with the technology to make that happen.

Been rewatching TOS. They redid the special effects. Nothing drastic and kept the original charm. It was a pleasant surprise.

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jan 30th, 2021 10:25 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

i love star trek, and if they can ever capture the magic of TNG and DS9 I say...keep it up.

discovery is...passable. some great eps.

also lower decks is awesome

Old Post Jan 30th, 2021 11:06 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

quote:
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!

I couldnt agree more....... The original series was the only GOOD one....

Old Post Jan 31st, 2021 01:53 AM
Dude111 is currently offline Click here to Send Dude111 a Private Message Find more posts by Dude111 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Badabing
We are getting close enough with the technology to make that happen.

Been rewatching TOS. They redid the special effects. Nothing drastic and kept the original charm. It was a pleasant surprise.
they are almost there bada, I dont know if its goulish but deep fake animation movies appeal to me if it was the original cast. Yes I have see the improved effects, it's cool imo.
Originally posted by Surtur
i love star trek, and if they can ever capture the magic of TNG and DS9 I say...keep it up.

discovery is...passable. some great eps.

also lower decks is awesome
discovery is better now, really enjoyed last season. Everyone forgets the stinkers in next gen and ds9 like any Wesley or Guynun centred episode and the Ferengi etc.
Originally posted by Dude111
I couldnt agree more....... The original series was the only GOOD one....
it certainly was the best one imo thumb up

Old Post Jan 31st, 2021 10:51 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

There is still one more Star Trek show to come "Star Trek : Strange New Worlds", you will get to see more Christopher Pike/Spock, maybe this will recapture everyone's love with the franchise since it will go back TOS format.

Instead of killing off the franchise, couldn't they breakaway from this time period to a different era with no references to TOS/TNG/Discovery/Voyager/DS9 and just make a brand new series or is that too big of a risk?

Old Post Jan 31st, 2021 06:15 PM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Allowed to die? Never, it's a fantastic franchise, even with the turds and there's turds in every series/crew. Star Trek can always be redeemed.

Do agree that Abrams shit the bed with Star Trek Beyond, garbage film, and even while Into Darkness was good/fun, Cumberbatch while a very good actor, wasn't a great choice for Trek's most iconic villain. Star Trek (2008) was a solid Trek film though, start to finish.

Picard I did enjoy at first due to nostalgia, but looking back, it was overall meh as a whole. So much meh when it could have been a great miniseries.

Discovery is officially a lost cause for me now after Season 3, I really did try to like this series since Season 1. "The Burn" plot was so unforgivably stupid and bad. I will try Season 4, but I expect it will be trash.

Strange New Worlds shows promise due of Captain Pike/crew and the timeline it's set in, but I fear it will take the trash path of Discovery.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2021 11:37 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The Kelvin timeline movies got progressively worse. ST Beyond was just bad imo. ST Picard is brutal. Picard is a gimped version of himself. Seems that Starfleet is full of foul mouthed Karens, wannabe Han Solo guys and the Federation seems to be a dystopian society now.

To be fair, ST Discovery has become marginally better from season 1 to season 3. The SJW messages are down as well. But Michael is still the only person who can save the day. And what's with the deep and emotional scenes every 8 minutes where someone cries?

I say let Star Trek end with a whimper. Paramount should have taken more than a few years from ST Enterprise to the Kelvin timeline movies.

I was so, so tempted to rant and rave about how shit it all is, but tbh, the best thing I think could happen to Star Trek, is to find a new person in charge. Kurtzman has been a failure from the get-go.

Discovery has had three seasons to grow the beard, and hasn't done so. Any bright spots are quickly overshadowed by, honestly, what is a fundamental misunderstanding of how to make a Star Trek show. With every subsequent episode I feel like Pike was some sort of fluke.

Picard... wouldn't be so bad if it hadn't completely tainted the literal point of the Federation to set up the plot of the show. And, like Discovery, almost all of the side characters are poorly developed.

Lower Decks is mostly harmless fun, but Burnham 2.0 is, to me, written more like a Trek fan beamed in to the Star Trek universe than an actual character born in that universe. Still, the Titan. The ****ing Titan, man.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2021 06:14 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

If Strange New Worlds disappointments me then Paramount will have to fight me irl.

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Feb 13th, 2021 08:24 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I don't want to be optimistic, but there's a voice in my head saying "they have to get it right eventually" so who knows.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 13th, 2021 09:52 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by -Pr-
I don't want to be optimistic, but there's a voice in my head saying "they have to get it right eventually" so who knows.
My voice is telling me to kick Paramount's ass anyway.

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Feb 14th, 2021 12:24 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

(please log in to view the image)

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 14th, 2021 12:40 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I'm tempted to summon Quan.

Khan is.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2021 02:40 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Khan is.

Quanchi? Will he come back to defend Cumberbatch's honor?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2021 03:55 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Khan is.

Do you have outside contact with him? Been wondering where he went, kinda vanished around when Covid was going out of control.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 09:37 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Khan is.
I haven't seen Quan on FB in a long while.

I may give TNG a watch. I haven't seen a lot of the episodes in years. They should remaster it like they did TOS.

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Apr 11th, 2021 08:01 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I haven't seen Quan on FB in a long while.

I may give TNG a watch. I haven't seen a lot of the episodes in years. They should remaster it like they did TOS.

They did a few years back for the bluray. I think Netflix has the episodes too, but it's so detailed you can see the seams in Worf's makeup and how Data's makeup ****ing rubs off on everything.

It's really good quality HD.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 13th, 2021 01:21 PM
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by -Pr-
They did a few years back for the bluray. I think Netflix has the episodes too, but it's so detailed you can see the seams in Worf's makeup and how Data's makeup ****ing rubs off on everything.

It's really good quality HD.
Rewatching TOS now. I will give TNG a look on Netflix.

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Apr 14th, 2021 09:29 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rewatching TOS now. I will give TNG a look on Netflix.
thumb up The original is the only one I go back and watch over and over. I rewatched Babylon 5 recently. Dated badly, STTOS still looks fresh now.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2021 08:32 PM