KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Ghost of Tsushima

Ghost of Tsushima
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Ghost of Tsushima

https://www.vg247.com/2017/10/30/su...st-of-tsushima/

This is a new IP from Sucker Punch. It's an open world stealth-action game. It looks great though I am getting kind of fatigued on open world games. Still the potential to make a fully stealth ninja build sounds damn amazing and would likely make it a day 1 buy from me. We'll see how this one develops

PWNT

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 07:34 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

At first I didn't care as samurai/ninja games set in the feudal era tend to come and go but knowing Sucker Punch is making this, I'm kind of hyped now. Haven't heard from that studio for so long, I feared the worst. Glad that's not the case. Love their games.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 11:35 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Cool

need a new stealth game set in feudal Japan after those Tenchu games have gone to shit.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 12:21 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this looks freaking awesome

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 02:24 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

This game is going to be one of Sony's big focuses at this years E3. I can't wait to see some gameplay. I want to see that ninja stealth in action.

PWNT

Old Post May 18th, 2018 01:57 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Best open-world feudal era games are the way of the samurai games.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post May 18th, 2018 02:43 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

^ Except those weren't stealth based games.

Old Post May 18th, 2018 06:50 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
^ Except those weren't stealth based games.
Yeah, but this isn't the first game to do something stealth-based in the feudal era either.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post May 18th, 2018 09:11 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

What???

Why are people assuming it's stealth based?

You play as a samurai, not a ninja and I'm pretty sure sumurai were part of battles and war.

Old Post May 18th, 2018 08:52 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I was going off that article I linked in the OP.

Plus, the story is described as being about the last surviving samurai. Apparently all the other samurai are wiped out by the Mongols, so the sole survivor goes beyond the way of the samurai and fights back in an unconventional new method called the way of the Ghost. I figure that's just the game being self-aware and not referring to the main characters new method as the way of the ninja. Plus weren't real life ninjas just a bunch of farmers and civilians usually described as fighting back in unconventional and irregular ways? With a name like Ghost of Tsushima, it's hard to imagine the game is talking about anything else but stealth/ninja tactics.

PWNT

Old Post May 18th, 2018 10:01 PM
NemeBro

Most ninjas historically were samurai.

Old Post May 18th, 2018 10:03 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Either way, it'll probably have stealth options. Most open world games do these days.

Old Post May 18th, 2018 10:15 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Arachnid1
I was going off that article I linked in the OP.

Plus, the story is described as being about the last surviving samurai. Apparently all the other samurai are wiped out by the Mongols, so the sole survivor goes beyond the way of the samurai and fights back in an unconventional new method called the way of the Ghost. I figure that's just the game being self-aware and not referring to the main characters new method as the way of the ninja. Plus weren't real life ninjas just a bunch of farmers and civilians usually described as fighting back in unconventional and irregular ways? With a name like Ghost of Tsushima, it's hard to imagine the game is talking about anything else but stealth/ninja tactics.

Yes I forgot about the name of the game.

Old Post May 18th, 2018 10:17 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Best open-world feudal era games are the way of the samurai games.

Those games were really fun, 1-3 we're all awesome. They kind of strayed from the formula on the 4th, I didn't like that one as much.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post May 19th, 2018 07:44 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i like this game... its gonna be awesome.. the style of gameplay i like

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 08:16 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It has the EXACT kind of combat I've been wanting for years. It's almost enough to make me buy a PS4.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 09:37 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yeah this game looks great. Can't wait for it.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 09:41 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

When i was watching the footage yesterday i immediately noticed that they used the 'Fear multi takedown' system from Arkham Knight for this game.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2018 01:24 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

When i was watching the footage yesterday i immediately noticed that they used the 'Fear multi takedown' system from Arkham Knight for this game.

Yup. And the wall-takedown is very similar too.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 13th, 2018 01:57 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

they had me as an advisor lol

Old Post Jun 13th, 2018 02:53 AM