KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Rustler

Rustler
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Rustler

Grand Theft… Horse.

Rustler is an open-world, top-down action game paying tribute to the good old GTA 2 style and gameplay, fusing it with a historically inaccurate medieval setting. Play as Guy, whose parents apparently were too lazy to give him a proper name.

Experience feudal injustice, witch-hunting, and join big tournaments. Meet valiant, yet incredibly stupid knights. Complete a wide variety of twisted missions and quests, or don’t give a damn about the plot and bring mayhem in the villages and cities. Choose to go on foot, or by a stolen horse. Fight with a sword or pick a fancy automatic crossbow. All that, spiced up with an inappropriate Monty Python inspired sense of humor.

Key Features:

Wreak havoc in a medieval world inspired by classic GTA gameplay. Use swords, spears, turds – whatever will get the job done!

Wear the Crown: As a poor peasant, you’ll need to get creative in order to win the Great Tournament. Form weird alliances, double cross your foes, and dig up dinosaur skeletons (because, why not?)

A Medieval Sandbox: How you progress is up to you. Spend your time completing quests, wreaking havoc and having a laugh at the expense of others!

A Lot of Horsin’ Around: Shoot cows into the sky, drag your neighbors through the mud, toss some holy hand grenades, or draw fancy pictures in the field with a plow.

Minstrelsy of Power: Hire a musical companion to play the tunes you like and add a powerful soundtrack to your adventures.

Platforms: PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.

Only launch trailer I could find ^^^^.

Good concept but not sure what I think of it yet, it seems low-budget but looks extremely fun.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 1st, 2021 06:50 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Watched it streamed on twitch last night, think it’s funny

Old Post Sep 1st, 2021 11:01 AM
Total Warrior is currently offline Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Playing it right now, is as advertised, fun game.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2021 07:21 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Y'know what... It started off a bit rough and... honestly is a bit rough, but it's exactly what it wants to be, an old-school medieval GTA clone.

The humor is actually pretty good as well, the missions are standard fare for something GTA-Like (I noticed reviews trying to portray the "quests" as kinda boring and well, yeah they are for the most part, but a lot of the older GTA games were the same way. This isn't trying to be a western RPG like Skyrim or Witcher, it's trying to be medieval GTA, and it fits for that genre.)

Swordfighting isn't complex, but it has more depth then you'd expect, there's a block, dodge, and even a parry system.

I'd change only a few things... first, this game isn't a $30 game, lol. Especially on Switch where I got it, now if you do find it for $20 on sale, I'd definitely pick it up, but besides that I'd honestly go no higher if you decide you wanna buy it.

Secondly, you can "pimp your horse", but you don't actually get to customize or change it in any way. I know they're trying to be true to the top-down GTA games, but games as far back as I think Vice City, San Andreas, and even the PSP games allowed car customizations. IIRC GTA 3 didn't but still, c'mon man.

I haven't gotten super into the main story, it has hints of being decent and I enjoy the humorous writing & characters... but I suspect it'll be kind of anti-climactic.

Guards are wayyyyy too frequent and wayyy too fast. You have no idea how many times I lost a mission because I had to beat some guy's ass and this guard comes running by on his horse, catches me and I have to run away or die. Furthermore, I'm not sure how long I have to wait in the wilderness before the guards decide to leave me the hell alone, but it was wayyy longer then I expected (5+ minutes, sometimes 10+ if I had 3 or more "stars".)

Overall, I'd say buy it on sale if the idea of a medieval GTA clone interests you, but don't go in expecting something like Skyrim, KC: D, Witcher 3, etc, because that's not what this game is. It's a good game, it's just a bit rough around the edges.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2021 09:59 AM