KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » MCU has a villain problem

MCU has a villain problem
Started by: robotflug

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

MCU has a villain problem

The writers always have to make it 1 and done villains for so many movies. Do they always have to kill those villains at the end like its from the Predator movies?.

I guess that Avengers comic team of supervillains called The Masters of Evil will never happen if too many enemies are killed off.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2021 11:40 PM
robotflug is currently offline Click here to Send robotflug a Private Message Find more posts by robotflug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

The worst thing was what they did to Graviton in Agents of Shield sad

Old Post Aug 17th, 2021 11:42 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I believe Killmonger might be one of the first villains to be brought back. And while it's messed up, from a movie perspective I get it. They want the movies to be fresh and continuously move the universe forward, not rehash a villain they already used in a prior film. It also keeps contract stuff neat.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2021 11:45 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Loki?

Old Post Aug 17th, 2021 11:51 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

The villian in Guardians of the Galaxy is kind of a generic "bad guy who wants a thing," but fortunately the rest of the movie made up for that. The villain in part 2, Kurt Russell, was of course much more interesting.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2021 12:07 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Loki?

I meant a villain who is "killed" and brought back. Loki is a unique thing in with time variants and what not. I mean someone who we see die or get away and then they come back. Like Killmonger coming back or Baron Mordo finally showing up again.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2021 12:08 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
The villian in Guardians of the Galaxy is kind of a generic "bad guy who wants a thing," but fortunately the rest of the movie made up for that. The villain in part 2, Kurt Russell, was of course much more interesting.

Could've done so much more with Ronan, Kept him around as a villain and him slowly becoming a anti-hero.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2021 02:08 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Thanos was teased and built up in the background for years, and when he took center stage he wasn't one and done. He won & carried over to another film. So has Loki and Helmut Zemo.

Ten Best MCU Villains so far (including the various TV shows):

Thanos
Wilson Fisk
Loki
Kilgrave
Killmonger
Xu Wenwu (The True Mandarin)
Helmut Zemo
Hela
Obadiah Stane
Red Skull

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 20th, 2021 03:40 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by roughrider
Thanos was teased and built up in the background for years, and when he took center stage he wasn't one and done. He won & carried over to another film. So has Loki and Helmut Zemo.

Thanos
Wilson Fisk
Loki
Kilgrave
Killmonger
Helmut Zemo
Hela
Obadiah Stane
Red Skull

I actually liked the fake Mandarin.

Batroc belongs on a top ten list.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2021 09:30 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

Another big problem the MCU suffers from is really boring supervillains being underwhelming and one dimensional, They are usually just pure evil with no depth to their character.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2021 03:56 PM
robotflug is currently offline Click here to Send robotflug a Private Message Find more posts by robotflug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

MCU has a quality problem

Old Post Oct 21st, 2021 05:58 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by playa1258
MCU has a quality problem

Agreed. Its too good and everything DC does pales in comparison.

By Stoic

Old Post Oct 21st, 2021 06:59 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by roughrider

Thanos
Wilson Fisk
Loki
Kilgrave
Killmonger
Helmut Zemo
Hela
Obadiah Stane
Red Skull

Good point and good picks Roughrider. I'd have to add Bushmaster from Luke Cage and Ego from GotG Vol. 2 though.

Closest analogues we have to the MCU in terms of villains are the James Bond and Star Trek franchises. Sometimes you get Alec Trevelyan and Khan Noonien Singh, and sometimes you get Joe Don Baker in a military costume and Tom Hardy Jean-Luc Picard clone. You are gonna have some hits and misses with so many movies and TV shows.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2021 03:27 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Originally posted by tkitna
Agreed. Its too good and everything DC does pales in comparison.

The MCU is the most overrated and overpraised film franchise in history. The fans are entitled assclowns that have surpassed the Dragan Ball fanbase as the worst in fiction.

The retaliation is coming.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2021 06:27 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by playa1258
The MCU is the most overrated and overpraised film franchise in history. The fans are entitled assclowns that have surpassed the Dragan Ball fanbase as the worst in fiction.

The retaliation is coming.

(please log in to view the image)

By Stoic

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2021 07:50 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Always haha

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2021 07:59 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by riv6672
I actually liked the fake Mandarin.

Batroc belongs on a top ten list.

Batroc was better than he ever was in the comics, but he's just a henchman for hire. I'm saving the villain tag for the big bad of the stories.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2021 01:09 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote