KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » RE: Kenobi and Dooku battle ROTS (See details)

RE: Kenobi and Dooku battle ROTS (See details)
Started by: ozz81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ozz81

RE: Kenobi and Dooku battle ROTS (See details)

Thought I will ask I was not so sure: The ROTS battle when Kenobi and Anakin dueled Dooku was is true and did it canonically state that Obis light saber skills were better then Dookus and Dooku sensed this hence thats why he removed Obi from the duel fast as he knew he couldnt break thru Obis defence etc?
I heard roughly on some youtube vids that Sids helped dooku by breaking thru Obis force shield which made it easy for Dooku to force push him and remove him etc?What do you all reckon ?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2022 10:23 PM
Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Idk if the novel counts anymore but there were verses there of Obi and Anakin "playing" Dooku and making him think they sucked as bad as their encounter on Geonosis.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Oct 17th, 2022 05:47 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

The ROTS novel mentioned that Kenobi was originally feigning the same lightsaber style he used in AOTC to lure Dooku into a false sense of security. But at the end of the day, Dooku was still the better swordsman.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2022 11:22 AM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Agreed. Dooku was clearly the superior combatant. At least in that fight.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2022 11:53 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

^
In THAT fight? Dooku was far superior or superior in every fight they had. He owned him in AotC, he nearly kicked him out of platform in their S7 TCW fight, after Anakin saved him, Dooku again has shown superiority and nearly broke his ribs. In the final fight, despite that Anakin was there, Kenobi still lost, this time to Dooku's superior TK. But judging from their prievous duels, it would be pretty acurate for Dooku to take Obi-Wan ouf of fight with some kind of kick again.

And those retards that are writing bullshit like this had never read a ROTS scrtipt I guess.

@Sheev
I don't think that their "feigning" is still canon. In my opinion it never was, as Stover was using an old version of script, where that fight was much longer. Well, it was changed at the very end, as choreography was already created and done. But since movie>book in every way and every king of canon, it should never be treated serious. Just like Yoda's defeat to Palpatine - it was a tie and it wasn't neutral ground at all.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2022 08:10 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

True, Dooku has always been the Anti-Kenobi, as far as their fights go.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2022 09:53 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by McP
^
In THAT fight?

Relax. Was just being specific.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
True, Dooku has always been the Anti-Kenobi, as far as their fights go.

Good. Someone needed to put that Kunt in his place. Dude thinks he just needs to think of the chosen twins and that gives him the might to chop up both Maul and Vader.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Oct 23rd, 2022 at 06:47 AM

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2022 06:44 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

By the way, deleted shots of that duel rather make this asumption that Dooku had Palpatine's help even more silly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtw821LWDoA

0:22 starts

It seems that Obi-Wan is lucky that this fight coulnd't be as long as it could be. Dooku's superiority over him in both - sbaer and the Force - was even more clear.

Could be much better, as would be Palpatine vs Jedi Masters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC8l242mE18

How sad it is, that it wasn't shown that way. Would be much better in my opinion.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2022 08:36 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote