KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » 007: No Time To Die

007: No Time To Die
Started by: xPRIMEx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xPRIMEx

007 No Time To Die

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2020 05:41 PM
xPRIMEx is currently offline Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

I'm going to be legit honest. I think Bond works better as a woman, and I think that it is PERFECT that they are passing the 007 title to a black woman. Note that is ONLY BECAUSE I think that Ethan Hunt is a better, more heroic, more spectacular, and more iconic superspy, especially because unlike Bond, his unfliching chivalry is the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of Bond's sleazy seducing, which works far better for a woman imo, which again is why I'm glad a woman is taking the mantle.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2020 06:48 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

looks really good

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2020 07:33 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lestov16
I'm going to be legit honest. I think Bond works better as a woman, and I think that it is PERFECT that they are passing the 007 title to a black woman. Note that is ONLY BECAUSE I think that Ethan Hunt is a better, more heroic, more spectacular, and more iconic superspy, especially because unlike Bond, his unfliching chivalry is the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of Bond's sleazy seducing, which works far better for a woman imo, which again is why I'm glad a woman is taking the mantle.

Is she actually going to be the next “Bond”?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2020 12:06 AM
xPRIMEx is currently offline Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Craig is not Bond.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2020 12:19 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

She's not the "new" Bond. She's a completely different 00 Agent, which is why Bond himself is getting called back into action. He's still 007 and Bond, and she is someone completely new who doesn't want to put up with his BS.

Also Craig Bond is nowhere near as bad as say Brosnan or especially Connery.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2020 12:38 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Who's been saying Connery was a Bad James Bond?....Damn heathen's.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2020 06:30 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

That’s just idiotic.

Instead of taking a role created for a man, why not just create a new role for a woman instead? That’s right, no one would care enough to watch it.

Bond is male and white, with Scottish in him thanks to Connery, always been, it should always be like that.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2020 08:12 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Kazenji
Who's been saying Connery was a Bad James Bond?....Damn heathen's.

****ing heathens that’s who.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2020 08:13 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote:
That’s just idiotic.

Instead of taking a role created for a man, why not just create a new role for a woman instead? That’s right, no one would care enough to watch it.

Bond is male and white, with Scottish in him thanks to Connery, always been, it should always be like that.

I think KD19 is more on the right path.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2020 09:55 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Originally posted by KingD19
She's not the "new" Bond. She's a completely different 00 Agent, which is why Bond himself is getting called back into action. He's still 007 and Bond, and she is someone completely new who doesn't want to put up with his BS.

Also Craig Bond is nowhere near as bad as say Brosnan or especially Connery.

I DID NOT say she was the new Bond. I specifically said that she was taking the 007 title (although, I guess she's not going to be 7, but still the point remains).

Old Post Sep 4th, 2020 10:09 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I think KD19 is more on the right path.

Definitely.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2020 10:54 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I DID NOT say she was the new Bond. I specifically said that she was taking the 007 title (although, I guess she's not going to be 7, but still the point remains).

You made it sound as if you meant she was taking over as the new Bond(since its played by multiple people) and 007 who are synonymous with one another. 007 is Bond.

But her getting a 00 ranking doesn't make her his direct replacement. There are multiple 00's out there. Alex Trevaleyin was 006 for example. So she's another 00 Agent he has to come out of retirement to help get the job done.

Also Kaz when I said bad like Brosnan or Connery I meant with the womanizing and chauvinism. Not bad as in a bad character.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2020 11:13 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

You made it sound as if you meant she was taking over as the new Bond(since its played by multiple people) and 007 who are synonymous with one another. 007 is Bond.

But her getting a 00 ranking doesn't make her his direct replacement. There are multiple 00's out there. Alex Trevaleyin was 006 for example. So she's another 00 Agent he has to come out of retirement to help get the job done.

Also Kaz when I said bad like Brosnan or Connery I meant with the womanizing and chauvinism. Not bad as in a bad character.

I guess what I'm saying is that the cold-blooded seductive superspy genre would work better with a female lead imo, whereas a male superspy should ideally be more chivalrous, which Ethan Hunt is. That's just the way I look at it.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2020 11:22 AM
riv6672

The way I look at it is, if they (whoever they are) want to explore that whole female spy angle, they can create a new character to do that with.

Or they can go rent Atomic Blonde.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2020 11:29 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Y

Don't go PC on us.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2020 11:38 AM
riv6672

Don't go PC on us.

Yeah, Bond’s a horndog! eek!

Old Post Sep 4th, 2020 12:03 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Originally posted by riv6672
The way I look at it is, if they (whoever they are) want to explore that whole female spy angle, they can create a new character to do that with.

Or they can go rent Atomic Blonde.

Well

A) That LITERALLY is the route that they are taking, so, I guess goodbye Bond...
B) They already DID the female spy thing. It was called Alias. Pretty fun show, so fun in fact that they gave the creator his own superspy film franchise, which he's turned into one of the most successful ever, so again, goodbye Bond...

Last edited by Lestov16 on Sep 4th, 2020 at 01:18 PM

Old Post Sep 4th, 2020 01:15 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

008 also got killed by Christopher Lee at the beginning of The Man With The Golden Gun.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Sep 4th, 2020 01:28 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Well

A) That LITERALLY is the route that they are taking, so, I guess goodbye Bond...
B) They already DID the female spy thing. It was called Alias. Pretty fun show, so fun in fact that they gave the creator his own superspy film franchise, which he's turned into one of the most successful ever, so again, goodbye Bond...

I’ll believe it when I see it. stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 4th, 2020 02:01 PM