KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » X-Men '97

X-Men '97
Started by: Shadow_King

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Shadow_King
-

X-Men '97

Has anyone seen the trailer? Even though I have X-Men TAS on DVD and was a huge fan when it came out, I am quite disappointed in Disney that they would just fall back on nostalgia. I would have preferred something new.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2024 06:34 PM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xXI_wing_IXx
Junior

Yes!!! I’m a huge fan. Very excited!! Wolverine voice is the best out of all the different tv series out there. I’m a little wary of how they would approach the narrative because well it’s Disney. Hoping for something good.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2024 01:53 AM
xXI_wing_IXx is currently offline Click here to Send xXI_wing_IXx a Private Message Find more posts by xXI_wing_IXx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Resurrecting this series has been in plans for a very long time. It's not a Disney thing.

I'm all for it.

Animation seems lacking, but that's the problem of the modern times in general. People got too lazy.

As long as the original creative team is involved, this could be a huge win. Let's hope so.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2024 02:53 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Cautiously optimistic. That's what I am.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 25th, 2024 05:32 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 25th, 2024 11:09 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Resurrecting this series has been in plans for a very long time. It's not a Disney thing.

I'm all for it.

Animation seems lacking, but that's the problem of the modern times in general. People got too lazy.

As long as the original creative team is involved, this could be a huge win. Let's hope so.

I didn't realize their were plans to resurrect the series before disney purchased fox, I only heard about it after Disney bought them, so I thought this was a disney thing.

I still think Disney should've done something new, they finally got the X-Men and they could've started something brand new.

I remember when X-Men evolution and Wolverine and the X-Men came out, in the beginning I was on the fence but in the end I liked both series, and both cartoon shows were reviewed quite well.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2024 06:22 PM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Evo and WatXM did okay, but the X-Men anime did very poorly in comparison - same with Disney's cartoons that tried to mimick reality tv shows (for some strange reason).

Resurrecting the best X-Men show is the right move, imho. Especially since so many of the OG creative team are more than willing to be involved in it.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2024 06:59 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Evo and WatXM did okay, but the X-Men anime did very poorly in comparison - same with Disney's cartoons that tried to mimick reality tv shows (for some strange reason).

Resurrecting the best X-Men show is the right move, imho. Especially since so many of the OG creative team are more than willing to be involved in it.

You can just watch thw AI Upscaled show on Archive.org.

Same as Disney's Gargoyles, the fans always do what Disney don't.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2024 11:18 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
Cautiously optimistic. That's what I am.

Don't be, they'll flub it up like these boneheada flub everything.

Just browse Archive.org and Youtube for AI scaled shows, enjoy Invader Zim in HD, or Gargoyles, or Xmen Evolution.

It will be a better job than the big suits will give you.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2024 11:20 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It's... fine. Not great by any means, no matter how many people say it is. They're pushing the Magneto redemption hard when it shouldn't be a thing, and they've taken some artistic license with the powers, but it hasn't gotten so bad I wouldn't watch it anymore.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2024 10:34 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I mean so much has changed since that lineup, Scott as a heroic leader alone is impossible to imagine.

And Bishop? He's about as nostalgic as pockets, no one has fond memories of Bishop!

Old Post Mar 25th, 2024 01:43 AM