KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Gen V: The Boys Spinoff

Gen V: The Boys Spinoff
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Gen V: The Boys Spinoff

I'm gonna love the violence,,,,

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 24th, 2023 09:38 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Take The Boys

Remove every bit of character, humour and soul from the show.

Inject every aspect of all the garbage teen action movies from the last 20 years.

Voilą

This crįp.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2023 12:26 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I'll check out the first two eps because it's based off the boys, but Jaden's correct, preview doesn't look very promising.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 25th, 2023 04:15 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

It doesn't look that bad.

I'll withhold judgment for now. The trailer is definitely very violent (is it Red Band?), so they clearly aren't pulling any punches.

I'm going to hold on to some cautious optimism.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2023 12:01 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Take The Boys

Remove every bit of character, humour and soul from the show.

Inject every aspect of all the garbage teen action movies from the last 20 years.

Voilą

This crįp.

But it has a black woman lead! thumb up

Why can't Hispanic women be the top billing minority? Love me Hispanic women.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2023 01:13 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

I think this show is great. Very entertaining to me. If you like The Boys, you'll like this.

By Stoic

Old Post Oct 19th, 2023 04:35 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

watched the 1st. show.. liked the violence,,

hopefully remaining 4 shows are violent

i believe it was just renewed for a 2nd season

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 19th, 2023 10:20 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Are all episodes available now?

I see 5 that seem available? Is that it?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2023 11:35 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

6 is up, I've only watched 2 so far, no time at the moment.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2023 04:59 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

They released the first two and then one a week.

It's just a kinda okay show, it does have some hilarious gore, but characters and story are far cry from The Boys.

They show have not done this show and put the money into The Boys.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2023 05:00 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
They released the first two and then one a week.

It's just a kinda okay show, it does have some hilarious gore, but characters and story are far cry from The Boys.

They show have not done this show and put the money into The Boys.
Yeah, it's not grabbed me, fer sher.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2023 07:50 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I have a nasty gastrointestinal virus to thank for giving me time to binge this show.

I rather liked it. At first you kind of miss not having Billy Butcher or Homelander and there was a scene or two in the beginning/middle that had me cringe, but there's enough violence and connections to 'The Boys' proper to keep interest, particularly by the last couple of episodes. And some of the new, young talent is fun to watch.

Soldier Boy's cameo, man that was hilarious. laughing out loud

Oh, and it makes me giggle to think how triggered Conservatives will be by the "trans" Supe. It's a little frustrating that The Matrix tried to do that back in 1999 with "Switch," but the studio wouldn't let them do it.

I think this show basically exists to spoof and annoy Conservatives.. lol

Originally posted by tkitna
I think this show is great. Very entertaining to me. If you like The Boys, you'll like this.

Agree.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2023 10:45 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Pissing off Conservatives is a selling point, but it's not saving this show.

Overall it was a whole lot of "meh" for me, sure it had some funny moments and some funny gory moments, but still meh.

Only character I really enjoyed and cared about was the chick who vomits or eats to shrink/grow. Did help that she was a cutie.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2023 05:33 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I'll grant that it's not quite the same without Homelander and Billy Butcher, but I still found it to be well-written and entertaining enough.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2023 11:16 PM