KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Will Wonder Woman go to the live action shelf for decades again?

Will Wonder Woman go to the live action shelf for decades again?
Started by: Slowpoke

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Slowpoke

Will Wonder Woman go to the live action shelf for decades again?

I really feel bad. I mean I am not pleased with Gal Gadot's acting, but Patty and her brought this character back to the live action screen after like 30 years(that failed 2009 TV series doesn't count). The character got accepted by the audience, even had a successful solo movie. That's wow, really really hard to achieve.

Patty also knew how to characterize her, even 1984 got some good points while had obviously flaws for a blockbuster. She knew much better than Snyder about how to build up a heroine. Plus Covid issue. I still think this Wonder Woman franchise deserves another chance.

Now Gunn's plan has no Wonder Woman in it, we got to go all over again.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2023 11:10 PM
Slowpoke is currently offline Click here to Send Slowpoke a Private Message Find more posts by Slowpoke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Don't care. EXTREMELY indifferent on the matter.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2023 12:07 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

The gaping key difference is one heroine's movie didn't trick a public to go see and was actually well received, the other between Infinity War & Endgame had deceived.

Marvel can cry sexism all they want. The first (solo) Gal Gadot Wonder Woman movie kicked ass and if we can replicate that again, wouldn't mind another.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Nov 16th, 2023 at 02:15 AM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2023 02:06 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slowpoke

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
The gaping key difference is one heroine's movie didn't trick a public to go see and was actually well received, the other between Infinity War & Endgame had deceived.

Marvel can cry sexism all they want. The first (solo) Gal Gadot Wonder Woman movie kicked ass and if we can replicate that again, wouldn't mind another.

Tough to do so while I do agree CM was terrible.

Not about Wonder Woman but build a good DC universe when ppl are getting bored of superheroes.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2023 02:13 AM
Slowpoke is currently offline Click here to Send Slowpoke a Private Message Find more posts by Slowpoke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I like to think also Gunn just wants to build up his version of Wonder Woman, what with the announced live action Amazonian show that’ll be mature. Might be a little early to get worried about WW just yet, though I see where you're coming from.

I think MCU’s gonna have to wait till it finishes its X-Men transition before it gets some notable heroines again; Rogue, Storm… Even Jean Grey/Phoenix I would take over the current heroines.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2023 02:18 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Don't care. EXTREMELY indifferent on the matter.

Same. Wore out on Wonder Woman.

By Stoic

Old Post Nov 16th, 2023 02:20 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Slowpoke
when ppl are getting bored of superheroes.

That also has nothing to do with superhero fatigue

pumping out garbage alot doesn't help it too.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2023 02:49 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slowpoke

Originally posted by Kazenji
That also has nothing to do with superhero fatigue

pumping out garbage alot doesn't help it too.

So you won't have chance to rebuild another universe anymore.

It's not garbage, the 2nd one was bad but they still had the 3rd one in plan, it got to do with DCEU's whole collapse.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2023 02:54 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

So you won't have chance to rebuild another universe anymore.

It's not garbage, the 2nd one was bad but they still had the 3rd one in plan, it got to do with DCEU's whole collapse.

I'm not "just" talking about WW movies, Superhero movies in general at the moment.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2023 02:56 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slowpoke

I'm not "just" talking about WW movies, Superhero movies in general at the moment.

Yeah, but I still think Gadot's WW franchise got potential.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2023 03:00 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yeah, but I still think Gadot's WW franchise got potential.

I like Gadot too in the role too, But i think that ship has sailed with Gunn's new universe

i'd be surprise if she comes back after recent events, Where she organized a screening of the Hamas attacks with her husband at the Museum of Tolerance in L.A.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2023 03:10 AM
Slowpoke

I like Gadot too in the role too, But i think that ship has sailed with Gunn's new universe

i'd be surprise if she comes back after recent events, Where she organized a screening of the Hamas attacks with her husband at the Museum of Tolerance in L.A.

I don't like Gadot as an actor, her acting was awful.

But I really like Patty's characterization of WW, even 1984 got good points. Much better than Zack Snyder's take on Superman.

While I think Gunn is good, it's very tough to have a good DC start-a good universe-a good WW solo now.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2023 03:57 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

While I think Gunn is good, it's very tough to have a good DC start-a good universe-a good WW solo now.

All he has plans for WW at the moment is a Game of Thrones-style drama set on Wonder Woman’s home island of Themyscira.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2023 06:36 AM
riv6672

Originally posted by Nemesis X

^^^This.
A good/bad movie is a good/bad movie, no matter the gender of the hero.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2023 11:13 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote