KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Changes in the comix after the movies

Changes in the comix after the movies
Started by: Marvelgeek

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Marvelgeek
`Poccy fan extraordinere

Miffed Changes in the comix after the movies

After the movie there was some changes to the comics so that they would resemble the movie. Example: moviefied versions of Toad and Mystique. And New X-men must be at least partly inspired by it.
I think the most of it is quite riddiculus (sp)!
For example the Mystique-thing was unnecessary and plain silly.
The Toad-thing I like caus I like him.
What do you think? Good-Bad? New examples?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 04:55 PM
Marvelgeek is currently offline Click here to Send Marvelgeek a Private Message Find more posts by Marvelgeek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mav
Can't think of one

Ahhh, Horrid... I hate when they do that...

made by verauko

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 10:15 PM
Mav is currently offline Click here to Send Mav a Private Message Find more posts by Mav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maximus_E.
Insane An' Enjoyin' It

I agree with you guys, terrible

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 03:42 AM
Maximus_E. is currently offline Click here to Send Maximus_E. a Private Message Find more posts by Maximus_E. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

It was just bad taste, i mean in the movies they pretty much re wrote the x-mens character traits even though they kept the essence of the characters, whats left for the fans, they even watered down some of the story concepts in the comics. I especially hate how they made most all of the characters so damn young in the movies, Rogue used to be a wild child rockin thongs and witty dialogue, and now shes a troubled confused teen, theres still the uncanny x-men though they havent changed them around to much, i still dont appreciate how marvel changed the comics a great deal to cater to new fans instead of keeping it sacred for the true fans

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 06:12 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil-X
The Fear Of Not Knowing

^^ Couldn't have said it better

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 06:58 AM
Evil-X is currently offline Click here to Send Evil-X a Private Message Find more posts by Evil-X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blopster
Cosmic Forces Controller!

At first, yeah, I didn't care for the changes they made. But now most of the writers and artists have found a nice area that's pretty close to how the comics were beforehand, yet still has a kind of "new age" look & feel to it. Looking back now at X-Men in the late '90s, I actually see that it did need some major facelifting. Was taking it in the direction of the movies the best course? Not necessarily, but its what they chose. There's a great article over at Mutatis Mutandis (aka MutantHigh.com) on the current status of the comics, which you can read here:

http://24.188.68.181:8000/columns/hulksmash001.html

But X-Men is hardly the first case of this happening. Look at the changes Batman went through after Frank Miller's 'The Dark Knight Returns', the two Tim Burton movies and Batman: The Animated Series. It became much more dark, many characters got some re-working and the results are pretty good.

To sum it up, I'll just leave it with this: There's a great line at the end of 'The Hunt for Red October', where Sean Connery says, "Perhaps some good will come of it. A little revolution, now and then, is a healthy thing, don't you think?"

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 08:15 AM
Blopster is currently offline Click here to Send Blopster a Private Message Find more posts by Blopster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blopster
Cosmic Forces Controller!

At the Wizard World expo in Chicago, Joe Quesada (Marvel's Editor-in-Chief) pointed out a few things about the X-Men comics that are coming up:

- Quesada re-emphasized that color will be coming back into the X-Men costumes. He asked the crowd if Wolverine should wear a mask, and the result was pretty close to a 50/50 split.

- Quesada said there will be "significant changes" in the world of mutants.

- Mr. Sinister will return in Weapon X #14. Quesada said to look for several big X-Men villains to return, possibly Apocalypse.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 05:37 AM
Blopster is currently offline Click here to Send Blopster a Private Message Find more posts by Blopster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

He should bring Psylocke back..........

by Scythe

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 07:49 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mav
Can't think of one

DAMN Straight!

made by verauko

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 01:40 PM
Mav is currently offline Click here to Send Mav a Private Message Find more posts by Mav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

i was happy that the movies did so well just because i want marvel to keep making comics and if the movies dont do well tehyll end up in bankruptcy again and as a comic fan i never want to see that to happen again, thats cool to hear about changing the comics back a little

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 03:37 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote