KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Shazam (2016)

Shazam (2016)
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

Shazam (2016)

Well...after several years of dancing around this film project, with names as diverse as Jake Gyllenhaal and Brandon Molale, now the guy once attached to play Black Adam instead is playing Shazam(aka Captain Marvel) himself, Dwayne Johnson.

I like it, actually! He will bring some exuberance and goofy humour to the role, which isn't required to play someone like Superman. And DC & Warners gets to broaden out their ethnic casting a bit more for their longstanding whitebread heroes, and this isn't too much of a change.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...ie-9620198.html

Next question - who will direct?

It's already a win that Zack Snyder isn't available for this.

stick out tongue

Attachment: shazam-dwaynejohnson.jpg
This has been downloaded 88 time(s).

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 24th, 2014 04:52 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

This writer does not seem to get that Zack Snyder is too busy for this film. Also, Peter Jackson would likely only do it if he could film in New Zealand.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/07...xternal,manual#!blaCd4

Old Post Jul 24th, 2014 04:57 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Black Adam says the same "word". I think he'd be better as BA but we shall see

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Jul 24th, 2014 06:31 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

whether the Rock is Shazam or Black Adam , I'm there...

as long as Bieber isn't billy batson lmfao

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 24th, 2014 06:36 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think Guy Ritchie could direct this movie quite well.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2014 06:45 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 24th, 2014 07:13 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Dude you may or may not be jumping the gun on this sh!t.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2014 10:11 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by juggerman
Black Adam says the same "word". I think he'd be better as BA but we shall see

I agree, I feel like if The Rock played Black Adam then we'd see Adam in a different light instead of "Oh I'm a douchebag of a bad guy." He wouldn't be the villain that we're "supposed" to hate.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jul 24th, 2014 11:06 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I think it's the right call to get one of the biggest movie stars today to play Shazam, because that's the selling point to get the unknowing public into theatres. It's not the same as Superman, who is much better known as a concept and it's better to cast lesser known actors in the role.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2014 11:26 PM
YFZ 350

I agree.

"The 350 twin is still the king of the dunes"

Old Post Jul 24th, 2014 11:34 PM
YFZ 350 is currently offline Click here to Send YFZ 350 a Private Message Find more posts by YFZ 350 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

He'd be a far better Adam imo, especially if they went the anti-hero route with him.

Either way, it's still not confirmed who he'll be playing.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 24th, 2014 11:42 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I told you this was coming. stick out tongue now hopefully Nikki's list of DC's future slate of movies is true.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2014 11:49 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Btw, I wouldn't mind the directors from the Lego movie doing this.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2014 11:51 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Golgo13
I told you this was coming. stick out tongue now hopefully Nikki's list of DC's future slate of movies is true.

yeah, because rock wasn't talking about it two years ago. laughing out loud

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 12:30 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Being Captain Marvel would be very different for superhero movies (in a good way if done right), but if it's going to be part of the DCCU then I think he'd be better placed in it as Black Adam going with the tone MOS established. And I really hope this would at least be 1 other solo franchise that helps build up to Justice League.

Either way I'm so on board for this. However it's not officially confirmed yet and nor is the year of release.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 12:48 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

There were some doubters though. And he said he wanted to play Adam, but from the looks of it he will play Shahan or maybe both.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 12:49 AM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Being Captain Marvel would be very different for superhero movies (in a good way if done right), but if it's going to be part of the DCCU then I think he'd be better placed in it as Black Adam going with the tone MOS established. And I really hope this would at least be 1 other solo franchise that helps build up to Justice League.

Either way I'm so on board for this. However it's not officially confirmed yet and nor is the year of release.

Rock just tweeted another hint today. Saying, "someone's going to get it". With a pic of superman, shazam, and black Adam. It's obvious now that it will be either of the 2.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 12:52 AM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

It makes more sense that he will play black Adam.
I think he will play a better black Adam that Shazam imo .

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 12:57 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Inhuman
It makes more sense that he will play black Adam.
I think he will play a better black Adam that Shazam imo .

But that sets up the problem of who plays Shazam, since you'd have to get someone nearly equally as famous to play him. Or you've got a situation like in the first Batman, where it became about seeing Jack Nicholson as the Joker and it overwhelmed Batman as the star of the film.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 01:22 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Golgo13
There were some doubters though. And he said he wanted to play Adam, but from the looks of it he will play Shahan or maybe both.

The best thing they could do, imo, is make Adam the anti-hero, and have him do a huge punch-up with Superman. Let them kick the shit out of each other. Would make the fight in Man of Steel look like two toddlers have a slap fight.

Originally posted by roughrider
But that sets up the problem of who plays Shazam, since you'd have to get someone nearly equally as famous to play him. Or you've got a situation like in the first Batman, where it became about seeing Jack Nicholson as the Joker and it overwhelmed Batman as the star of the film.

adam can easily be a separate franchise from billy.

the only reason I think they'd have him play billy is due to shazam being more well known.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 01:25 AM