KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » What Do You Expect From Cgi?

What Do You Expect From Cgi?
Started by: Slowhand

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Slowhand
Superguitarist

Warning What Do You Expect From Cgi?

Suppose that The Hulk was delayed for 2-3 years to better take advantage of the more advanced CGI, do you honestly believe that he, the Hulk, would ever look 100% completely "real"? ILM is the cutting edge and even their baby, Star Wars Episodes I and II, have plenty of moments when things look like crap.

The Hulk was a tremendous movie going experience in my opinion. My kids loved it and so did my wife and I. I found that the Hulk looked best in the bright light of day and not the night shots, which really is the opposite of most CGI characters. There would never be a man to play the Hulk as he should be: 11ft. tall and 1500lbs. I trust that Thing in the inevitable Fantastic Four will look as equally impressive. Man, what would I give to see Hulk and Thing duke it out for a few minutes.

I liked it a lot and will add it to my DVD collection at the earliest opportunity. cool

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2003 03:23 AM
Slowhand is currently offline Click here to Send Slowhand a Private Message Find more posts by Slowhand Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chico
chopper style

Yeah Hulk vs The Thing movie, now that would be fun!

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." --Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2003 05:43 AM
chico is currently offline Click here to Send chico a Private Message Find more posts by chico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ajax28

Slowhand- You make a good point. I really enjoyed the movie.
I think they could have done better with some different technique for the effects, though. An actuall drawn cartoon added in maybe? , or miniature models and stop-action like in the old Sinbad movies... should be more perfected by now I'd think...

Old Post Jun 27th, 2003 08:26 PM
ajax28 is currently offline Click here to Send ajax28 a Private Message Find more posts by ajax28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptainTrips

Stop knocking the hulk would ya? They did a fine job...how in the hell do you propose to make an 11ft. tall giant look real anyways? Not unless you do the old Godzilla thing and make a bunch of tiny models. Thank God they didn't do that. I guess the people disappointed by the cgi hulk thought the titanic was a real ocean liner used in the film..sigh..what has this world come to? sad

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 06:10 AM
CaptainTrips is currently offline Click here to Send CaptainTrips a Private Message Find more posts by CaptainTrips Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

the CGI was fun and impessive, it was the story that was lacking, bad dialouge and a worse plot made for a below average movie, why cant movie makers stick to the comics when doing comic book movies WHY????? it worked for spiderman, the original batman and for the most part superman

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2003 10:49 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote