KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Welcome » Welcome » Cooling off in the blazing sun!

Cooling off in the blazing sun!
Started by: charm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
charm

Sleep Cooling off in the blazing sun!

Hi all roll eyes (sarcastic)

I happened upon these forums while looking for role playing forums. However, I own about 300 VHS and about 75 DVD's so I have a pretty good movie collection. I used to have a 110 page movie web site until xoom.com got taken over and wiped out by a big company (xoom.com is now owned by some other company).

I enjoy a wide range of movies from The Cannonball Run to Finding Forrester to Thirteen Ghosts. The last movie I saw was Tango & Cash because it was on TBS the other day. The last good movie I saw was a little animated flick called The Plague Dogs. I really enjoyed TPD because it addresses social situations (the dogs have human qualities) while also reflecting on how we treat animals.

As for the role playing slant, I haven't been into role playing for over 15 years, but I recently coded some software (for Linux) to help people who construct fantasy worlds. I wrote the software because I eventually plan on using it to help me write a fantasy adventure.

Oddly enough I saw the first episode of LOTR, but I have yet to see the second episode (waiting for the DVD). This reminds me, one of my biggest movie disappointments was the first newly released (2 DVD set) Peter Jackson Lord of the Rings DVD. The extras CD had really, really bad dubbing that was nowhere near on track.

Cheers,

Charm

Old Post Jun 30th, 2003 09:01 PM
charm is currently offline Click here to Send charm a Private Message Find more posts by charm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

hope you like it here smile

Old Post Jun 30th, 2003 09:08 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slybaghouse
A breath of fresh air

Welcome charm

Good Times and Big Smiles big grin
Tango and Cash was the last movie I saw too!

- Winston Churchill

Old Post Jun 30th, 2003 09:23 PM
Slybaghouse is currently offline Click here to Send Slybaghouse a Private Message Find more posts by Slybaghouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
G.P
living bank advertisement

Hello Charm ! Enjoy your stay wink

Old Post Jun 30th, 2003 09:41 PM
G.P is currently offline Click here to Send G.P a Private Message Find more posts by G.P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Olá charm!Welcome!smile

Old Post Jun 30th, 2003 09:59 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

I like charms, are you a lucky charm?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2003 09:23 AM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
charm

Hi all, thanks for the greetings. Right now watching Dr. Terror's House of Horrors and old Christopher Lee/Peter Cushing flick which I was really surprised to see Donald Sutherland in! I love these old hammy horror flicks sometimes. I suppose eventually everyone gets tired of digitally edited special effects.

Cheers!

Charles

Old Post Jul 1st, 2003 03:24 PM
charm is currently offline Click here to Send charm a Private Message Find more posts by charm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evy_O
don't let go

Hello there Charm!
I liked Tango & Cash! Pretty old, but good big grin

shallow me, then spit me out
for hating you I blame myself
seeing you it kills me now
no, I don't cry on the outside anymore...

Old Post Jul 1st, 2003 03:42 PM
Evy_O is currently offline Click here to Send Evy_O a Private Message Find more posts by Evy_O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chico
chopper style

Hiya Charm!

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." --Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Jul 1st, 2003 08:03 PM
chico is currently offline Click here to Send chico a Private Message Find more posts by chico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigbadbike2
Hitman

Hello charm.

Made By: Me

Dragging a knee at 140 on a bike, just takes all the rush out of driving a car at 120. - Sammy Sliger, 2001 (paraphrased)

Money is not everything. As if poverty is.

I've also learned that love cannot be on a one way street... if it does not go both ways it can be a lonely road. Personally I like to just watch the cars go by.... - Happy Kine, 2003

Dare to be different, just like everyone else.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2003 01:13 PM
bigbadbike2 is currently offline Click here to Send bigbadbike2 a Private Message Find more posts by bigbadbike2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Hi!

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2003 06:21 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote