KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Question on the T Models.

Question on the T Models.
Started by: atv2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
atv2

Question on the T Models.

What's the difference between a T-800 and a T-R.I.P.? Also what kind of Terminator is Marcus Wright?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 04:54 PM
atv2 is currently offline Click here to Send atv2 a Private Message Find more posts by atv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

T-RIP is the specific T-800 Model 101 we see in Terminator Salvation.

T-800 are the terminators played by Arnold in T1 and T2. T-RIP in Salvation are quite superior to the future timeline's T-800 due to study of the T-850's remains.

I'm not sure what kind of terminator Marcus is. He seemed to be able to hold his own against the T-RIP in h2h combat. But he had vitals such as his heart.

What's confusing is that we him take bullets and know he's built like a terminator on the inside but we also see him get tackled Reece and he doesn't do any serious damage to those thugs in the fight scene where he's bprotecting Moon when they try to rape her.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2009 09:24 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Martin

T-800 are the terminators played by Arnold in T1 and T2.

I thought it was T-101

also i've got a question regarding the model numbers.....is it higher the number the better model it is ?

so why is T-101 used more by skynet then the T-600 ?

Old Post Sep 9th, 2009 05:08 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
I thought it was T-101

also i've got a question regarding the model numbers.....is it higher the number the better model it is ?

so why is T-101 used more by skynet then the T-600 ?

Things started getting a tad confusing upon the release of T3. But before then the terminator Schwarzenegger portrays is a Cyberdyne Systems Model 101, meaning that all 101 terminators look like Arnold.

The 800 series is the number given to the terminator’s endoskeleton. The 800 also being the one Arnold’s terminator has.

Make sense?

Things got a bit muddled up when Arnold’s terminator said he was a T-101 in Terminator 3 and when his model number became T-850.

As for your first question - Yes the better machines have higher numbers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post Sep 9th, 2009 09:19 AM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote