KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Marvel to Lose Wolverine Rights?

Marvel to Lose Wolverine Rights?
Started by: roleplay

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roleplay

Warning Marvel to Lose Wolverine Rights?

The full article

quote:
At issue is a contract between Marvel Comics, the current publisher of Wolverine, and Twentieth Century Fox, a subsidiary of News Corporation and producer of the big budget ‘X-Men Origins: Wolverine’ movie.

According to legal experts, News Corporation lawyers added a clause giving Twentieth Century Fox complete rights to Wolverine upon release of the movie, as well as complete rights to all other Marvel Comics’ characters appearing in the movie.

Holy cow. I mean really, why didn't Marvel notice that in the contract?

If 20th Century Fox wins in this, I really wonder where the development of Wolverine will go down the line. How sad to have a character that they created and have worked on for years be taken away!

I'm a member of Roleplay Adventures.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 03:00 PM
roleplay is currently offline Click here to Send roleplay a Private Message Find more posts by roleplay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

To be fair, it's Marvel's fault for whoring themselves out so cheaply...

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 03:29 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 03:30 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

man fox is just screwing everyone over latly

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 03:31 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

The Fox people have been the biggest dicks in Hollywood for a couple years now. They had a terrible year last year, and they interfered heavily on Wolverine (which has me hoping the film won't suck.) Marvel should sit back and wait for all the screen rights characters done at Fox - X-Men, Fantastic Four, Daredevil & Elektra - to revert back to them. I understand that's what they've been doing with Daredevil.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 03:38 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

April Fools

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 05:16 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
April Fools

HAS to be!

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 06:54 PM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

sounds like another April Fool's Joke

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 06:54 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

so can WB take batman and superman as well ?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 07:02 PM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

WB own Batman and Superman...

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 07:51 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jcvaldez

Re: Marvel to Lose Wolverine Rights?

Originally posted by roleplay
The full article

Holy cow. I mean really, why didn't Marvel notice that in the contract?

If 20th Century Fox wins in this, I really wonder where the development of Wolverine will go down the line. How sad to have a character that they created and have worked on for years be taken away!

where is this quote taken from?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 07:52 PM
jcvaldez is currently offline Click here to Send jcvaldez a Private Message Find more posts by jcvaldez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanlore

Well since the movie will be about wolverine, can't the fans of him and marvel let fox know that we don't like wtf they are doing. Like give them sucky ratings or something? Or is there not enough fans of marvel to effect fox? I mean I just figured if enough people complain.. After all fox is not out there to piss people off I don't think so if they realize that we don't want them to have rights to wolverine maybe that will do some good.

But the problem is people need to let them know I guess.

Or is this a April fools joke Oo

Last edited by Vanlore on Apr 1st, 2009 at 09:34 PM

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 09:26 PM
Vanlore is currently offline Click here to Send Vanlore a Private Message Find more posts by Vanlore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by chomperx9
so can WB take batman and superman as well ?

WB owns all of DC

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 10:10 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

"the final Wolverine story, the final appearance of the character in the Marvel universe, will reportedly be entitled ‘Wolverine: Prima Aprilus ’."

So . . . duh.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 10:16 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Fck fox, a bunch of money hungry thiefs.

These people should stop working with Fox.

WolverineFiles.com has learned that Marvel Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada will soon be releasing a statement which, in part, will read, “As much as it is an anathema to me personally, we may need to remove Wolverine from Marvel continuity entirely. I hope we can seamlessly achieve this goal with the full support of the fans, much like we did with Spider-Man and ‘Brand New Day.’â€

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Apr 1st, 2009 at 11:05 PM

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 10:54 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

Pls, to talk about Wolverine and his X-Men roll eyes (sarcastic) pls use Wolverine forum, I mean, X-Men forum

Thx

by Scythe

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 12:38 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by Paola
Pls, to talk about Wolverine and his X-Men roll eyes (sarcastic) pls use Wolverine forum, I mean, X-Men forum

Thx

No....

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 12:40 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

No wonder why DP sucks in the movie and theres so much nonsense in this. Blob, Kid Cyke etc....

Crap. X-3 all over again.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 12:41 AM
Paola
Ronin

Originally posted by The Nuul
No....

do you see a question mark in my previous post?

by Scythe

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 12:43 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by Paola
do you see a question mark in my previous post?

Ummm, yes.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 02:13 AM