KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » merovingian

is merovingian a past One?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
No 13 36.11%
Yes 6 16.67%
Maybe 7 19.44%
Don't have a clue 2 5.56%
are you a freak or something? 8 22.22%
Total: 34 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

merovingian
Started by: Phoenix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

merovingian

Is there any chance that merovingian could be a past one, his sentience/essence transformed to a program? cos persephone says he used to be "just like" Neo...

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2003 07:22 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Gryphon

I doubt it. The Oracle refers to Mero as one of the oldest of us. And The Oracle existed before The One existed, when the first two matrix's were made.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2003 11:30 PM
The Gryphon is currently offline Click here to Send The Gryphon a Private Message Find more posts by The Gryphon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

There is Zero chance...............the architect tells us that all of Neo's predecessors had to enter the mainframe and leave part of their code behind to prevent a "cataclismic system crash", then rebuild Zion............obviously all 5 did so because the Matrix still exists, it did not crash.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2003 12:29 AM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chico
chopper style

The points have been made so I'll just say I voted No.

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." --Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2003 07:35 AM
chico is currently offline Click here to Send chico a Private Message Find more posts by chico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

just an idea me and my friends had...

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2003 09:21 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

I wonder if neo will have to fight him in revelotions?

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Jun 24th, 2003 07:58 AM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheSecond

Evil Dead,

But Neo didn't leave any code behind either. And, on the screens in the Architect's abode, all the past ones look like him, b/c it's a rule. When the others restarted, its like rebooting a computer, everything is the same, and if you don't fix the computer, the same virus (NEO) will occur exactly the same. Mero is just an old outcast like Smith, but he is older and much more knowledgable. Like me.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2003 01:59 PM
TheSecond is currently offline Click here to Send TheSecond a Private Message Find more posts by TheSecond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheSecond

Here's another thought I had. Everyone says that reality is still "The Matrix", can't be true! and if it is, they wasted all our time and money. The whole movie circles around that premise, why would machines waste their time if they didn't need to?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2003 02:04 PM
TheSecond is currently offline Click here to Send TheSecond a Private Message Find more posts by TheSecond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

TheSecond: Exactly - There is no MWAM smile

Old Post Jun 25th, 2003 05:58 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nickjs21

thesecond: actually, i don't think those images behind the architect were the past ones. i used to think that, until a friend pointed something out to me -- the whole movie deals with causality and our choices. neo's choices are a big part of the architect's speech. i think the screens behind him show every possible choice neo could have made. every option that went through his head.

architect: blah blah blah you're the sixth one blah blah
neo's possible reactions:
-- that can't be
-- you're full of shit
-- oh my god, it makes sense
-- get me outta here!
-- i don't get it
-- *gives the finger*

stuff like that. you'll notice that sometimes they zoom in on a particular screen and then that turns into what he actually says.

that's why there's a little bit of humor when the architect says zion will be destroyed and every screen says "bullshit."

see, all the previous ones chose to restart zion instead of going to the second door. all of the screens in that room show neo going to the second door, though, meaning to him it was his only option.

don't mean to get off-topic, but i made the same misinterpretation.

to stay a little on the subject, i don't think he's an old one. good idea, though. and yes, i'd like to see them fight.

"what we obtain too easily, we esteem too lightly." -- Thomas Paine

Old Post Jun 26th, 2003 06:24 AM
nickjs21 is currently offline Click here to Send nickjs21 a Private Message Find more posts by nickjs21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

confused...

Old Post Jun 26th, 2003 05:50 PM
hodgie723
The One

To tell all of you. The is no one more obssesed with The Matrix than I am. There is no one more knolwedgeable about The Matrix than I as well. To say that the Merogvingian was a past One is complete nonsence. Yes, I do beleive that Persephone says that her husband used to be like Neo, but that only means that she used to love him like Trinity loves Neo. Truly, i do beleive that Neo will undoubtably kill The Architecht and prove that he is a fraud, argo have the mergovingian tardiving.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2003 04:32 AM
hodgie723 is currently offline Click here to Send hodgie723 a Private Message Find more posts by hodgie723 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hodgie723
The One

many people are Phoenix

Old Post Jun 27th, 2003 05:33 AM
hodgie723 is currently offline Click here to Send hodgie723 a Private Message Find more posts by hodgie723 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

Pheonix........if you are confused then you understood the movie perfectly, don't be hard on yourself.

I too thought the screens represented past Neo's while watching the movie in the theatre both times. It didn't dawn on my that they represented his choices untill about the second time I was watching it on DVD........

Second........I get what you are saying, I was merely pointing out that all 5 past anomolies/the ones had to enter the mainframe......meaning they set out rebuilding Zion, it was impossible for one of them to have stayed inside the Matrix because the system would crash, the architect says that if Neo doesn't enter the mainframe and basically "reboot the system" it will crash............

I'm beginning to believe that the reason the system crashes is most likely Smith replicating himself into everyone......he is a virus after all. What better to cause a "catastrophic system failure" than an unstoppable virus...........I believe Neo will fight him in Revolutions to try and destroy him thus saving the Matrix and all the human lives that are dependant on it.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2003 03:51 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Just to clarify - It's a cataclysmic not catastrophic. Not to mention at the end of the first movie it says "System Failure" wink

Old Post Jun 27th, 2003 05:41 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

good call..............and good call..........

Old Post Jun 27th, 2003 11:26 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

The screens in the Architects room doesn’t mean we’re looking at the previous Ones, because then there would be hundreds of predecessors. They show various states of Neos mind.
The previous Ones would first of all have been YOUNGER than Neo. Probably as young as the children we see in the Oracles office in M1. If the previous Ones were Neo-copies why should they not have known love? We already saw the screens in M1, were neo was about to be interviewed by agent Smith, and no one around here is trying to claim it shows Neo and his five predecessors having ALL been interviewed by Smith. Because then the previous five loops would have been complete copies of the run of the Matrix we’re in now, and that means there would also have been five Trinity’s and five love-affairs before this one. In blatant contradiction with what the Architect tells Neo.
So either
a) the previous Ones were not and did not even look like Neo, or
b) the previous Ones also knew love.

Hodgie> For one who claims to know everything, you lack knowledge of a simple sentence: Neo will not kill the Architect, as they will NOT meet again.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jun 30th, 2003 01:17 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

quote:
Originally posted by The Omega
The screens in the Architects room doesn’t mean we’re looking at the previous Ones, because then there would be hundreds of predecessors. They show various states of Neos mind.
The previous Ones would first of all have been YOUNGER than Neo. Probably as young as the children we see in the Oracles office in M1. If the previous Ones were Neo-copies why should they not have known love? We already saw the screens in M1, were neo was about to be interviewed by agent Smith, and no one around here is trying to claim it shows Neo and his five predecessors having ALL been interviewed by Smith. Because then the previous five loops would have been complete copies of the run of the Matrix we’re in now, and that means there would also have been five Trinity’s and five love-affairs before this one. In blatant contradiction with what the Architect tells Neo.
So either
a) the previous Ones were not and did not even look like Neo, or
b) the previous Ones also knew love.

Hodgie> For one who claims to know everything, you lack knowledge of a simple sentence: Neo will not kill the Architect, as they will NOT meet again.

why should they eb younger than neo?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2003 04:53 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

Phoenix> For the following simple reasons: Love is not an alien emotion to people once they pass into their teen-age years. All the other potentials in the Oracles apartment are children, showing that the Oracle is looking for the One to be young, and finally: Morpheus says in M1 that the rebels usually do not free a mind when it passes a certain age, as it has too much trouble adjusting to reality.

Oh, and back to the question: The Merovingian could not be a previous One, since he obviously knew love when he arrived in the Matrix. It is possible that he’s some kind of loose digital self, freed from a body, but a seriously doubt it.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jun 30th, 2003 10:06 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

He is a program - but it's not that we should be asking. What is his purpose? is the question we should be asking smile

Old Post Jul 1st, 2003 04:44 AM