KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Is this paranoia?

Is this paranoia?
Started by: Ikobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ikobe
The Swan's Princess

Worried Is this paranoia?

The Matrix is set, as Morpheus and The Animatrix explain, at the 'height of human evolution' or whatnot, a mere century away from where we are now... isn't that a bit scary? The possibility that something like that could happen really freaks me out... At the rate of technology advancing as it does now, the Second Renaissance could be more real than we think it is... eek!

Also, what's to say that something like that doesn't actually exist, and that we're plugged in this very moment?

Your thoughts and opinions greatly appreciated.

~Ikobe

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 04:32 PM
Ikobe is currently offline Click here to Send Ikobe a Private Message Find more posts by Ikobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigbadbike2
Hitman

Well if it does, We have given the machines a great idea.

Made By: Me

Dragging a knee at 140 on a bike, just takes all the rush out of driving a car at 120. - Sammy Sliger, 2001 (paraphrased)

Money is not everything. As if poverty is.

I've also learned that love cannot be on a one way street... if it does not go both ways it can be a lonely road. Personally I like to just watch the cars go by.... - Happy Kine, 2003

Dare to be different, just like everyone else.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 04:35 PM
bigbadbike2 is currently offline Click here to Send bigbadbike2 a Private Message Find more posts by bigbadbike2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

i think your right the films could be a way of telling us sumthing....you never know the matrix could be more real than u think and we r all connected to the matrix i have thought this for sometime

u never know wink

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 04:38 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Two things: the 20th Century is what the machines tell us is the height of human civilisation.
It is also the setting of the Matrix VR, which makes it so appealing and fascinating. The Wachoski Brothers can’t predict the future. Maybe the real peak of humanity isn’t due in another 200 years, when we may have eradicated poverty, starvation and disease.
Secondly: Renaissance I and II are from Zion Mainframe. Okay, Zion has been destroyed five times, no one knows about that, yet we still have those databases?? Who put them there?

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jul 9th, 2003 03:02 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nickjs21

ikobe, chill. there is no matrix.

man, no one freaked out like this when the terminator came out . . . nowadays the youth is just way too ready to believe things. we all must be desperate for someone to tell us something big is going on.

*shrug*

just relax. look at it this way. you're watching one of those movies where everything happens and then right at the end the main character wakes up and realizes it was ALL a dream (like bob newhart or something). why don't you freak out then and say, "my god, what if all of this around me is just a [enter your age here]-year dream?!" certainly i think that scenario is much more likely. but no cool special effects, so you don't think it's as cool if it were true.

i think, omega, your signature sums it all up . . .

"what we obtain too easily, we esteem too lightly." -- Thomas Paine

Old Post Jul 9th, 2003 03:38 AM
nickjs21 is currently offline Click here to Send nickjs21 a Private Message Find more posts by nickjs21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ikobe
The Swan's Princess

I didn't mean it extremely oh-my-god-I'm-living-in-the-Matrix-ack, I just thought it was interesting that perhaps something like that could happen... oh, and I haven't seen Terminator (any of them)...

~Ikobe

Old Post Jul 9th, 2003 03:59 PM
Ikobe is currently offline Click here to Send Ikobe a Private Message Find more posts by Ikobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nickjs21

well, not to get off-topic, but you're depriving yourself. go out and rent t1 and t2, immediately. i think t2 happens to be one of the best action movies ever made.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2003 06:38 PM
nickjs21 is currently offline Click here to Send nickjs21 a Private Message Find more posts by nickjs21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

i know i will big grin

Old Post Jul 10th, 2003 04:25 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Labyrinth

that WHY the matrix is so cool cuz it COULD happen and more importantly we often wonder IS it happening, my aunt once told me movies dont come from no where, bacally say all movies MAY eventally happen, may happen in the future, or is goin on now and we dont kno it...

quote:
Okay, Zion has been destroyed five times, no one knows about that, yet we still have those databases?? Who put them there?

well as we kno now thre matrix has been reset and reset by a number of ppl from the old zion and the one...no normally the old ppl of zion tell the stories to their childen and what not and then putting them in the vault bascally

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 07:09 PM
Labyrinth is currently offline Click here to Send Labyrinth a Private Message Find more posts by Labyrinth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ikobe
The Swan's Princess

And there's the Oracle of course!

~Ik

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 07:36 PM
nickjs21

???

it's so cool because it could easily happen? wha? a gigantic computer program with six billion people plugged into, so completely ensorbed in the illusion that they aren't aware it's a world where they can bend gravity and fight program agents?

just HOW is that an "it could happen" situation?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2003 06:14 AM
Altar[1stONE]
Lone Wolf

Perhaps the Wachouski brothers are rebels like , Morpheus and the gang . Maybe they know the truth and they really are trying to tell us something. The matrix is something with a common belief ala Satan the devil. The devil said his biggest trick was to make men believe he didn 't exist. Its our human nature to automatically think the matrix isn't real , they make it that way or the machines make it that way. To absolutely guarantee that humans will watch the matrix , and for a second believe its happening , but then realizes its only a movie . sounds exactly like the thinking of a machine to me.

Muahahahahhahahha!!

Old Post Jul 12th, 2003 06:25 AM
Altar[1stONE] is currently offline Click here to Send Altar[1stONE] a Private Message Find more posts by Altar[1stONE] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chica16
chica

i wish lord of the rings could be real... i'd find legolas and do him

the crownless again shall be king.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2003 07:56 AM
chica16 is currently offline Click here to Send chica16 a Private Message Find more posts by chica16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vim
ILFTKYS

Now, that was funny big grin big grin

Witness the power of the human spirit in Clashing Forces - Reclamation! A novel by Wesley Belk (that's me!) Here's a sneak peek of the book! The power of the Human Spirit should never be underestimated!Clashing Forces Check the site out for more details!

Old Post Jul 12th, 2003 12:12 PM
Vim is currently offline Click here to Send Vim a Private Message Find more posts by Vim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JavX
High Priest

The Movie is based on an actual belief system.. try searching for Pre-Matrix movie belief system This theory was arround before the movie!!!

Old Post Jul 12th, 2003 01:30 PM
JavX is currently offline Click here to Send JavX a Private Message Find more posts by JavX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nickjs21

chica . . . wow.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 12:26 AM
chica16
chica

haha... i have set such high goals for my life

the crownless again shall be king.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 03:44 AM
chica16 is currently offline Click here to Send chica16 a Private Message Find more posts by chica16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Another_Smithy

Ikobe son people would say your out of your mind, your a phsyco freak that needs to get a life, but Im not one of those people. Yet it is a story and a fiction story at that would we even be alive to see it? Also how do you know we are'nt in the Matrix right now and the government is actually all Agents and the Secret Service is actually more secret then we all thought, paranoia is a human beauty to a certain extent, without paranoia many theoies and inventions would not be possible without it.

Check out my fic "The Warrior to Unite"

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 03:47 AM
Another_Smithy is currently offline Click here to Send Another_Smithy a Private Message Find more posts by Another_Smithy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nickjs21

smithy, why do people always ask that? "how do we know we're not in the matrix, etc, etc . . ."

how do you think you are? we could just go around in endless circles with that question, so there's no point in asking it.

ikobe, i don't think you're out of your mind. you're just . . . wrong. everyone is at some points.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 12:59 AM
Ikobe
The Swan's Princess

Couple things.

1. I'M A GIRL. Yes, as hard as it is to believe I am female.
2. I suppose the problem with putting things out in text is it can sound a lot more serious than it is meant. Okay, so there might, just might be a Matrix but trust me, I am not looking around every corner for an Agent (although I do see people on a regular basis that look like Agents...)

~Ik

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 01:34 PM