KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Would anyone like to see a Superman TV series starring Tom Welling?

Would anyone like to see a Superman TV series starring Tom Welling?
Started by: C-3POTheClever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
C-3POTheClever

Would anyone like to see a Superman TV series starring Tom Welling?

You know the show Smallville? Wouldn't it be awesome if they did a follow up series about Clark Kent when he is Superman, but make it take place in the same Universe as Smallville, & have Tom Welling play Clark?

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 09:07 PM
C-3POTheClever is currently offline Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Absolutely

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 10:57 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Well, at least he'd be playing closer to his actual age; with the success of Arrow and Flash, which it paved the way for, a Smallville update isnt really that far fetched barring legalities...

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 12:01 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

IMO, though his physique could've been more buff, Welling facially resembled Superman better than any other actor who has so far portrayed Superman. But he was not a good actor. He did not impress me "as Superman" in the final episode of the series. It was quite the letdown.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 11:58 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

So, no to a Metropolis show, or just Wells in it?
I'm not opposed to re casting, but having Wells would be pretty obvious casting i think, if he wanted to lock himself down to the same character for another multi year run.
No shame there, it worked well for Kelsey Grammer.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 12:13 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
So, no to a Metropolis show, or just Wells in it?
At this point, I am very much into the Man-of-Steel-movie version of the Superman mythos. So unless the TV show followed suit, I say thee, Nay, to a new Superman TV series.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 12:21 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

They have continued the show Smallville as a comic, Its even had Green Lantern in it from what i've seen of it.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 12:26 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Mindship
At this point, I am very much into the Man-of-Steel-movie version of the Superman mythos. So unless the TV show followed suit, I say thee, Nay, to a new Superman TV series.

Fair enough.
I've always thought of the movies, TV, cartoons, comics, as mutually exclusive. They all stand on their own. I get liking one over the other though.
I'm not ashamed to say i had a huge man crush on Dean Cain (and Teri whatshername) and was a Lois & Clark fan.

Never heard of the Smallville comic till now. Neat.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 01:15 PM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Its too bad Tom Welling isn't acting much anymore, I suspect he made at least 100 million or more off of Smallville and royalties that continue to this day.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 03:20 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I didn't much like most of Smallville, so no, not imo.

Not unless they wrote him differently. Much differently.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 06:41 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tom Welling still should have been given a movie.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 07:34 PM
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fair enough.
I've always thought of the movies, TV, cartoons, comics, as mutually exclusive. They all stand on their own. I get liking one over the other though.
I'm not ashamed to say i had a huge man crush on Dean Cain (and Teri whatshername) and was a Lois & Clark fan.

Never heard of the Smallville comic till now. Neat.

I hated the Lois and Clark tv series and Dean Cain was a major reason that I did. IMO, he looked nothing like what Superman is supposed to look like. Tbh, I didn't really like the guy who played Superman in MOS either. Even Brandon Routh was better to me but no one can ever fill the shoes of Christopher Reeve including Tom Welling. Tom was great in Smallville (my all-time favorite tv series) but I don't think he'd ever be a good choice for a Superman feature film. It's hard to find a good actor to play such an iconic character as Superman well.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Feb 12th, 2015 at 08:27 PM

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 08:17 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

See, i never really watched Smallville, but i enjoyed the eps i saw.
We all have our favorite Superman versions. No one can be wrong on that count. thumb up

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 12:24 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Tom Welling still should have been given a movie.

Honestly disagree.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 12:33 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

See, i never really watched Smallville, but i enjoyed the eps i saw.
We all have our favorite Superman versions. No one can be wrong on that count. thumb up

Ya, I know. I pretty much like all the Superman versions including the animated series and Justice League/JLU but I hated the Dean Caine version

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 05:28 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I dont mind. More Dean for me! :P

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 11:25 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I liked Dean Cain... To a point. I thought he was a terrible Clark, but as Superman, I thought he was decent enough.

Teri Hatcher was an amazing Lois though, imo. Better than Durance and Adams by a long way.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 12:07 PM
riv6672

I liked Adams Lane.
Bosworth Lane was the worst IMO, though, much like my current opinion of Routh after seeing him on Arrow (and after i saw him in Dylan Dog), that is probably due to the Superman Returns script.
These are good actors playing great characters in a big budget movie with really good FX. The movie as a whole just missed the mark.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 12:18 PM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
Honestly disagree.

Ok I just watched draft day...I retract my statement.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 03:08 PM
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh, Teri Hatcher was hot. She was the only thing good about the show, imo. The Lois from Smallville pales in comparison but Lana (Kristen Kreuk) was even hotter than Hatcher, imo. I've always had a crush on her since I saw her in Smallville.

Last edited by Star428 on Feb 13th, 2015 at 07:59 PM

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 07:53 PM