KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Forum Colors

Forum Colors
Started by: Dim

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dim
Creativity

Forum Colors

I've been thinking about our little board here and wondering if maybe we should have some brighter colors instead of the black. I'm not saying that I don't like the black but I think we might be a better response if we changed a few things here's my reasoning.

1. Dark colors tend to be a little (visually) intimidating for some people. If we used brighter, more upbeat colors new posters might consider this board to be more lively and fun and thus might check in more often.

2. Reading white text on a dark background causes more eye strain and can actually give some people headaches if they read alot at a time.

I hope nobody thinks that I'm saying that I think the current setup sucks because I'm not...I just trying to help find a way to make our board even better. I love coming here and I think we have some real great comradery here. I just want to make sure that people stick around long enough to see that. smile
The things that I've brought up is just standard stuff that I learned in design school so I thought I'd throw it out so that everyone could tell me what they think.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2000 12:10 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

I have supported the idea of you and Raz getting together to jazz some stuff up. Originally I just wanted 5-6 new pictures added as headers of each forum. You know so a pic of the OT will be in the OT forum and a pic from a book will be on the novels. Now that you brought this up I have gotten eye strain, though have never had any real gripes with the black. I suggest you e-mail Raz about your visual ideas. The same pic of the senate building on everything is really getting stale.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2000 01:35 AM
Xizor is currently offline Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I don't want anything to change. The reason I use this forum the most is that it is easy to read and not too bright or cluttered with pictures.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2000 04:14 AM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

Yeah, well I do like the black, but new heading pictures on each forum wouldn't alter it too much.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2000 06:49 AM
Xizor is currently offline Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

It hurts my eyes sometimes... What if we did something like had white or light grey back ground instead of the dark red and then just used black text (but still have the main background be black)? How do you think that would work? I think that if we could come up with a couple of different options and then used the Collecting forum to let everyone acutally see what they look like we could find something that's maybe a little bit easier for everyone to handle. I think we do need to brighten things up some and by that I don't mean how everyone else has done it...I don't want to use the same color scheme as TF.N has used....Maybe something more Nightclub Coruscant rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Sep 19th, 2000 09:43 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I like it the way it is but some of the less used forums could be changed. We don't want this forum to look the same as the others and that's what I like about it. It doesn't look like a picture gallery.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2000 06:25 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Oh trust me KJ anything I do isn't going to end up looking like the others....I think some of the others who've seen what kind of stuff I do can vouch for that. I agree about making it a picture gallery. I don't want everything super mega splashy. Trust me...this is the person who gets testy about sigs and pics being too bright and big laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 19th, 2000 07:53 PM
KJ
Sausages

I don't want the colours to change but it would be good if we had different pictures at the top of each forum ie. a picture of the Jedi Council on the JC forum.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2000 12:44 AM
Dim
Creativity

RC, I'd really like your imput since you've done your own site..

Old Post Sep 21st, 2000 07:41 PM
Ratcat

Sure, just run it past Raz first but I'd be happy to help out if I can.

I go on holiday to Florida in a week for two weeks though.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2000 03:22 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I think we're taking out time on it anyway...Raz is busy I'm sure....

Florida?...Disneyworld again?...fun!

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2000 11:09 PM
Ratcat

Yep, 2 weeks of 5 foot rodents and 13 story drops.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2000 02:10 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

Dim I've been telling you to run my diffrent headers idea past Raz for weeks.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2000 06:54 AM
theEvilJedi

I like it how it is.smile

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Sep 25th, 2000 07:07 AM
theEvilJedi is currently offline Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I know Xiz. I've talked to Raz and I'm going to make mockups of of new layout colors. After we decide that then I think we can move on to the banners. I'll try to have some stuff to show you by Wednesday.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2000 07:29 AM
Ratcat

You go girl!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2000 01:12 PM
Dim
Creativity

I'll try not to disappoint smile

Old Post Sep 25th, 2000 02:36 PM
KJ
Sausages

No please try and dissapoint as I'm scared this forum is going to go like the rest.sad

Old Post Sep 26th, 2000 02:36 AM
Ratcat

KJ, chill and trust the girl will you.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2000 09:54 PM
Dim
Creativity

Okay, there's some color swatches. I kept the very back black because I haven't seen very many boards do that and I think it's a cool look. If anyone wants me to try something else let me know...All the text on the black background would stay white and basically in the same place as it is now I think...I didn't put ln all in so just use your imagination...
After we get a color scheme down then we can worry about the graphics (which I think should have an irregular edge kind of like the one I stuck in as a temp..
Sorry the mockup is kind of simple...

I know some of the colors are bright and strange but I wanted to put all the options I could come up with out to you guys.

-----Remember this is just peleminary, don't rip on me too bad!smile ------

Blue green:
homepages.go.com/~dimglit...egreen.jpg

grey:
homepages.go.com/~dimglit...wotone.jpg

red yellow:
homepages.go.com/~dimglit...yellow.jpg

yellow green:
homepages.go.com/~dimglit...wgreen.jpg

yellow grey:
homepages.go.com/~dimglit...owgrey.jpg

gold white:
homepages.go.com/~dimglit...dwhite.jpg

yellow white:
homepages.go.com/~dimglit...wwhite.jpg

yellow two tone:
homepages.go.com/~dimglit...wotone.jpg

red tan:
homepages.go.com/~dimglitter/redtan.jpg

Tell me what you like, hate and want to see another version of and if you want to see something instead of the black...

Old Post Sep 27th, 2000 07:44 AM