KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Consequences for Posting Rude or Sexual Remarks

Consequences for Posting Rude or Sexual Remarks
Started by: UnknownBountyHunter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
UnknownBountyHunter

Consequences for Posting Rude or Sexual Remarks

Banned from EZBoards (All of them) Anyone who would like to argue this can be the first to go. Contact Raz with any questions or me at [email protected]

Old Post Jul 24th, 2000 07:17 AM
UnknownBountyHunter is currently offline Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

You should have not even bothered with this request.People still are gonna do what they wanna do.And if you ban them they will just return with a new name.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Jul 28th, 2000 02:58 AM
theEvilJedi is currently offline Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

Sorry theEviljedi but EZBoard bans through IP address, if they change internet service and/or get a new computer, then they can get a new username.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2000 03:14 PM
UnknownBountyHunter is currently offline Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Yeah well I've seen some return.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Jul 29th, 2000 12:39 AM
theEvilJedi is currently offline Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I still don't understand this IP thing. I use a college computer most of the time which is linked to other colleges and universites network. Does this mean I could get banned if someone else says something rude?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2000 11:30 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

No each computer has its own IP #. It has four numbers separated by periods, these are called octets. Such a number could be 212.415.722.82 Where the first two octets represent the webmaster, the third octet being your web provider and the last octet changes each time you log on or off. If the first three octects are the same then that is how we know if someone is on the same computer, I THINK that the IP will be the same even if your using different comps but are through the same internet account.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2000 11:44 PM
KJ
Sausages

I think that as well and that's why I'm worried. We don't log on or off as the Internet is on all the time.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2000 11:56 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Unless they go through a firewall, like more big schools and businesses do because you'll only see the IP of the firewall hence you'll block ALL users behind it.

In my company there are 18,000 users all goinbg through one massive firewall and when I post from there it will always show the firewall address, no matter whether I use my laptop, or any other PC.

IP is such a fun thing!!!

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 04:35 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

Complications...roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 08:42 AM
Ratcat

Just for the slowpokes out there, as if there are such things, the consequences of my previous posting are that ANY of those 18,000 people will show the same IP to the outside Internet. I know UBH got it, but just wanted to clarify.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 01:21 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Good because I didn't understand the first time. That means I could get banned for something I never said.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 10:46 PM
UnknownBountyHunter

Sad as it is...yes.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 11:04 PM
Ratcat

Or more to the point, banner for something someone else said.

Same also works if your ISP doesn't always assign you the same IP, some don't, but you'd need Threepio to work out the odds on that one plus the next time the you'd probaly get a different IP and...

well, you can work it out. I've got to go find my slide rule and pocket protector!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 03:50 AM
UnknownBountyHunter

Well, even if your Threepio isn't handy, a computer technician is about as efficient. Too bad none live in my town sad

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 08:33 AM
Ratcat

Well is a darn big number, that's for sure.

UBH, have you noticed how this has gone way off topic and become totally irrelevant. smile

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 06:01 PM
Dim
Creativity

irrelevant, but informative smile

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 07:54 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Maybe, but I spend my working life doing this stuff so I kinda don't appreciate the informative bit.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 10:45 PM
Dim
Creativity

Well, I do, so thanks for sharing your knowledge Ratcat.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 11:10 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

Ratcat, you're a smary guy whose been around here a while, why don't you respond more often and outside of the SF?

Old Post Aug 24th, 2000 05:39 AM
Xizor is currently offline Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

This is a suggestions forum, not discussion. Closed.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2000 01:56 AM