KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » The Hannibal Trilogy

The Hannibal Trilogy
Started by: -hh-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

The Hannibal Trilogy

what do you think about the Hannibal Trilogies...Red Dragon, Silence of the Lamb and Hannibal. I actually enjoy watching these movies. Not that scary but its got great plot. I mostly enjoy Red Dragon but not enough gore.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 03:08 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metroplex

I thought that i was a good story. I just didnt like how he got caught in Red Dragon. That part was too short. They should have develooped Hannibal's past and how he became a cannibal. Red Dragon isn't as sick as its sequels Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal. I really like the part when he makes the guy eat his own brain laughing out loud yum yum

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 03:26 PM
Metroplex is currently offline Click here to Send Metroplex a Private Message Find more posts by Metroplex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

i heard they making a new one...i think its called umm...Shade of Decay or something like The Hannibal Variation. I think its called the Hannibal Variation. Its before Red Dragon.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 03:45 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

i watched Silence of the Lamb about 4 times, Hannibal 1 time and Red Dragon about 52 times...i memorized almost all the lines of Hannibal Lecter MUAHAHAH lol

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 07:00 PM
jinXed by JaNx

i diddnt really like red dragon all that much, i mean i thought the script was written brilliantly, it just seemed done before, it was still a decent flick none the less, i liked silence the best. Have you ever seen the movie manhunter? its like the same movie red dragon is but was released back in 96 and doesnt have hopkins playing hannibal

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 07:42 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

i love the original. hannibal sucked. red dragon was alright.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 07:58 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

i have heard about Manhunter but have not seen it. Anyone read any of the books?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 09:48 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

oh i forgot about manhunter, thats good too.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 11:31 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

I read Red Dragon when I was younger but didn't enjoy it, but I loved reading Silence of the lambs.

Of the films I enjoyed Red Dragon and Silence best, Hannibal was a little over the top IMO.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 08:25 AM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

it was missing jodie foster

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 03:32 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

quote:
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
i diddnt really like red dragon all that much, i mean i thought the script was written brilliantly, it just seemed done before, it was still a decent flick none the less, i liked silence the best. Have you ever seen the movie manhunter? its like the same movie red dragon is but was released back in 96 and doesnt have hopkins playing hannibal

Manhunter, I believe was released back in 86, not 96. It was directed by Michael Man who directed Heat and Miami Vice. It was basically the same book Red Dragon was made after, which was titled, well, "red dragon". Manhunter holds it's own, but I liked Red Dragon better.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 02:00 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

I still prefer Manhunter over Red Dragon..........as a stand alone movie. I think it wins storywise even though it didn't have the budget Red Dragon did to be as pleasing to the eye............it does lack a bit when considered along side it's sequels Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal though only because we now have a new character playing Hannibal in the second and third movies (and I think Hopkins plays him much better).

I wince everytime I read "trilogy" when concerning the Hannibal Lechter movies..........how can a trilogy encompass 4 movies?

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 06:14 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

actually it is considered a trilogy if u dont count manhunter...and i dont counter manhunter....

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 05:33 AM
jinXed by JaNx

thanks for the facts hiker, i did think it was 96 oh well yeah hopkins made silence of the lambs and the rest what it is, well aside from the writing

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 11:38 AM
Vision-of-Death

Silence of the lambs = 8
Hannibal = 7
Red Dragon = 6

There was no reason to even include Hannibal Lector in the latter movie, it was just so that Producers can include Anthony Hopkins's name and make some money....thats all !

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 12:18 PM
Vision-of-Death is currently offline Click here to Send Vision-of-Death a Private Message Find more posts by Vision-of-Death Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

How can you not count Manhunter? It was the very first movie.........

That's like saying, "I don't count First Blood as a Rambo movie".....First Blood is the very first Rambo movie.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 12:18 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

well thats a bad analogy, first blood and the rest of the rambo movies are like two different films, first blood rocks and the rest just kind of well BLOW first blood is on another peak from those movies but most people dont even know about manhunter

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 06:17 PM
Vision-of-Death

Evil Dead,

I agree. But you got to remember that Manhunter was infact NOT the origin of the Hannibal experience created for the cinema ! In 1986 director Michael Mann got the idea of Hannibal Lector from Thomas Harris's novel.....yup you guessed it Red Dragon ! He merely introduced the world to his own interpretation of Hannibal Lecter.

To give you another example : In The Ring : You see disturbing images on the video tape right ? Was that truly from the imagination of the great Gore Verbinski (Director of The Ring), sadly the answer in NO. Way back in 1928 : The very first movie of astounding shock value in history was Un Chien Andalou, filmed by Dali and Luis Bunuel which featured images of a slicing of a woman's eyeball and a man dragging a piano with priests and a dead donkey on top of it.

Now...The very first thing is usually the last, isn't it ?

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 06:31 AM
Vision-of-Death is currently offline Click here to Send Vision-of-Death a Private Message Find more posts by Vision-of-Death Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

i thought Ringu images were more disturbing than the rings images

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 12:55 PM