KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Movies of Future Past.

Movies of Future Past.
Started by: doomboy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
doomboy
Droog.

Movies of Future Past.

I thought it would be a good idea to gather together all speculation on the next movies under one thread, that way any ideas and theories can be easily found, rather than having to trawl through a dozen threads to find what you want.

I have several ideas as to where the next couple of movies could go.

As we all know, X3 will concern itself with Phoenix. But I find it ahrd to believe that Singer will manage to fit the entire Phoenix story into one movie, so we could be looking at a two-parter, or even a trilogy.

Then what about the Sentinels? It was rumoured that they were going to be the main focus of X2, but there you go.

And then we have things like the Legacy Virus, and Apocalypse. And the X-Cutioners Song storyline.

And then there's characters that have long been a central part of the X-Universe, that ahve so fair failed to make an appearance. Characters like Beast, Gambit and the rest are strong fan favourites, and I think that they would make some great additions to the roster.

What I'd like to see, is between X2 and X3 (backstory to be explained briefly in X3) Hank McCoy mutates into the original Beast i.e. improved agility, outsized hands and feet etc... and so turns up in X3 as Beast. We would then have perhaps one or two movies with him as part of the team before Legacy happens.

If Gambit turns up in the deleted scenes that would be fantastic. It was so odd the way his name was suddenly removed from the cast list after the films release.

I was pleased to see Jubilee in there at the end. I should think that Jubilee, Colossus and Shadowcat will feature slightly more prominently in the next installment, the same way that Iceman and Pyro did in the first movie.

I think if they were going to do some kind of massive intricate plot, it would be best saved for a TV spin-off from the movie series. either a series of TV films an hour long, a Stargate SG-1 live-action half hour series, or an all CGI series. This TV show would run alongside the movies, wtih characters from each cropping up in the other. For instance, Bishop could appear in the movies, but if the TV show is far enough along the timeline, he could crop up there once or twice, or vice-versa.

If Fox are careful enough not to upset the fans, they could mess around with the timeline and mythology whilst still creating some fantastically exciting storylines.

I think with the X-Men license, Fox have the opportunity to do something very very cool, and very very exciting. Let's hope they use it wisely.

That's enough from me, so let's hear your theories and comments.

DB xxx

Old Post Aug 4th, 2003 08:12 PM
doomboy is currently offline Click here to Send doomboy a Private Message Find more posts by doomboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

you know i dont understand how having a healthy list of badass characters you cut the best and most popular and include the dryest mutants. i mean jubilee WOW she can shoot fireworks, you know in the comics pretty much everyone had her powers but instead they were powerfull energy bolts, and shadowcat, ooooh look at me i can walk through walls, although colosses kicks ass i still hate the fact on how they made everyone in these movies so damn young that just infuriates me, yeah and i agree with you it would be near impossible to fit the pheonix story in one movie which means you know there going to change her origin, i also think some sentinels in the senod one would have livend it up abit but it would have been kind of hard to introduce them into that movie taking in aspect the story line of the movie they atleast should have introduced them at the end or somthing like under construction

i cant agree with you though on the series spin off i think that would just pretty much kill the x-men i mean tv series have great time restraints and usually always below par acting and even though there are only a set 3 movies for the x-men i believe heavily there will be many more to come although theyll be abscent the directing of singer, i could see the x-men frachise taking on a bond feel like new directors each time granting the third does as well as the last two, i htink that would be neat although youd prolly see new actors each time aswell it would be hard to kepe the same cast for as many movies as that

back in 97 when singer was sighned on as co writer and director he said he would like this to be a trilogy but the studios sighned him only for a single movie, i mean the x-men movie was going through scripts since 94, and after the x-men was finished the studios were so impressed and held high hopes they sighned him on for another one and told him to turn it into the possibility for even a third cuz if the first did well they would greenlight two more, my point for this spiel is as long as the movies do well and are popular theyll keep pumping them out till there not so there are great great possibilities there could be many more movies to come with the x-men but thats looking far in the future

Old Post Aug 5th, 2003 02:36 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blopster
Cosmic Forces Controller!

Ok, I gotta get this out of my system. I think everyone here should definitely NOT expect anything close to the Phoenix Saga in X3 (or any other one). The tone of the X-Men movies has been set; it is rooted in plausible reality. To include stuff like a cosmic entity, the Shi'ar empire, M'Kraan crystal would break the tone of the movies. Instead, I'd be planning on seeing Singer & Co. playing off the "Phoenix" as being the next evolution of Jean's powers (ie, no "cosmic force" is inhabiting her). Don't be too upset with this, as it is the direction the comics have been taking for a little while now. That doesn't mean they couldn't incorporate bits of the Phoenix Saga into the movie. For example, Jean could start becoming arrogant and destructive herself with this new immense power.

As for the Sentinels, I'd plan on seeing them in X3. I remember reading an interview with X2 Art Director (pretty sure it was Art Director) and he said they made a ton of concept art for the Sentinels for X2 and have kept them on file in preparation for a new movie. Also, if you caught it in X2, when Mystique is in Stryker's computer, you see a listing titled "Project: Widewake" among the list of mutants. Project: Widewake was the code-name for the Sentinel project in the comics. smile

As for seeing more characters, I think they have plenty right now. Sure, seeing cameos is nice (got to see Beast, Artie, Collosus, Siren and many more in X2), so I'd rather keep seeing smaller characters like Jubilee, Collosus and Shadowcat as low-key. Instead, let them iron out the pasts of Cyclops, Storm, Iceman and Nightcrawler before jumping on new characters.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2003 04:05 AM
Blopster is currently offline Click here to Send Blopster a Private Message Find more posts by Blopster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doomboy
Droog.

quote:
Originally posted by ragesRemorse

i cant agree with you though on the series spin off i think that would just pretty much kill the x-men i mean tv series have great time restraints and usually always below par acting and even though there are only a set 3 movies for the x-men i believe heavily there will be many more to come although theyll be abscent the directing of singer, i could see the x-men frachise taking on a bond feel like new directors each time granting the third does as well as the last two, i htink that would be neat although youd prolly see new actors each time aswell it would be hard to kepe the same cast for as many movies as that

I agree that the acting in spin-off shows is usually below-par, but wouldn't it be fantastic if the movie actors were also in the television series? Rather than get a seperate person to play Cyclops in the television series, why not just get James Marsden. Actually, he's probably not the best person I should have used to comment on ways to counteract below-par acting... But you see what I mean?
It could be turned into a super-franchise. And if not a television series, then why not a couple of 1-hour specials that could advance certain points between movies, etc.
I think having a different director for each of the subsequent films would be a little much. What about signing each director to a two or three movie deal, so as to maintain some kind of stylistic theme. Also, that way, directors could ahve more time to tell an interesting and complex story-arc, rather than just cramming it all in one film.

What do you think?

DB xxx

Old Post Aug 5th, 2003 11:31 AM
doomboy is currently offline Click here to Send doomboy a Private Message Find more posts by doomboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote