KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Mistakes

Mistakes
Started by: Phoenix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Mistakes

Anyone have any mistakes from the HP books?

(and can I just point out now, we are NOT getting at JK, we are NOT nitpicking, I just think its interesting to see what people noticed!)

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 11:21 AM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I have a continuiy mistake...

In Book 5, when Hermione makes the fake Galleons for each member of the DA, someone asks her why she wasnt in Ravenclaw "with brains like yours". She replies that the sorting hat "seriously considered" putting her in Ravenclaw, before choosing Gryffindor. HOWEVER, in Book 1, when the Sorting Ceremony is putting them all in their houses, the book does not mention a wait, the hat shouts gryffindor straight after she puts it on

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 11:25 AM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
its_magic
ORDER OF MERLIN

in my 5th book i have a chapter missing chapter 2 isnt there

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 01:07 PM
its_magic is currently offline Click here to Send its_magic a Private Message Find more posts by its_magic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mg16
I Heart Dead Guys

WOW! i wonder y... o well maybe u do hav all the chap.s and yr's was just a typo, but ill take yr word if ch. 3 makes no sense, lol

10 Years

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 02:00 PM
mg16 is currently offline Click here to Send mg16 a Private Message Find more posts by mg16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krassin
Rob Zombie

why dont u return it and get a new 1?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 07:46 PM
krassin is currently offline Click here to Send krassin a Private Message Find more posts by krassin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

Hermy might've juist made that up about Ravenclaw...b/c she's stuck on herself b/c of being a know-it-all as her character is portrayed so i dont think it was a mistake.

Currently Writing: An Adventure Bookl!!!

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2003 12:03 AM
~Air Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Air Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Air Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
its_magic
ORDER OF MERLIN

i dont matter now i tried to take it back but i lost the receit so they would not change it but thats ok i borrowed a mates one and read it so its all good cool

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2003 12:15 AM
its_magic is currently offline Click here to Send its_magic a Private Message Find more posts by its_magic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krassin
Rob Zombie

well at least ur not missing anything then

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2003 12:44 AM
krassin is currently offline Click here to Send krassin a Private Message Find more posts by krassin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
its_magic
ORDER OF MERLIN

damn straight evil face

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2003 12:53 AM
krassin
Rob Zombie

heh

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2003 01:03 AM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

another thing i wondered is that, when hagrid is explaining to harry abt the houses he says something about "theres not a witch or a wizard who went bad that wasnt in slytherin" yet everyone thought that Sirius was bad. If they all thought he was bad, then, as hagrid said, he must have been a slytherin, yet it is commonly assumed that he, along with the rest of the marauders, are in gryffindor

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2003 07:54 AM
america_boxers

pheonix-hey i said that like 2 weeks ago on anouther thread lol

did ne one notice in book 5 u can apparate in the minesty of magic...y didnt voldermort just apparate right to the prohpecy and dis apperaate? cuz he could have...proof of this is-dumbledore tells fudge the death eaters down in the department od mysterios has a no aparateing jinx on the so they could have apparated or dis aparated there

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance
Now i must go... ninja vanish!

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2003 08:06 AM
america_boxers is currently offline Click here to Send america_boxers a Private Message Find more posts by america_boxers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NTonks
Crash's Wife

in the second book doesn't Dobby disapparate after he visits harry in the hospital wing? I thought you couldn't apparate or disapparate inside hogwarts...

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2003 08:09 AM
NTonks is currently offline Click here to Send NTonks a Private Message Find more posts by NTonks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

you cant disapparate with WIZARD magic, but Fawkes dissappears several times during book 5, so it sorta stands to reason that other magical creatures ought to be able to do it too. also, elf magic has been named as and "ancient and powerful magic" (in book 2 or 4,, i cant remember), and maybe dobby's magic is older than the charm placed on hogwarts

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2003 08:15 AM
unibrow
The Bored One

i think its stupid that dobby can disaparate/apparate in hogwars cuz couldnt volde just learn elf magic and do it himself?

Clide: 12?
Mr.G: okay now lets try to get an answer from someone whos not a complete retard
anyone? cmon dont be shy!
Kyle: i think i know the answer mr. garrison
Cartman: meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh
Kyle: shut up fat boy
Cartman: hey! dont call me fat u f***ing jew!
Mr.Garrison: eric did u just say the "f" word?
Cartman: jew?
Kyle: no hes talking about f*** u cant say f*** in school u f***ing fatass
Mr.G: kyle!
Cartman: why the f*** not?!
Mr.G: eric!
Stan:dude u just said f*** again!
Mr.G: stanley!
Kenny:f***
Mr.G: kenny!
Cartman: whats the big deal? it doesnt hurt anybody! f*** f***ity f*** f*** f***
Mr.G: HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO SEE THE SCHOOL COUNSELOR?!
Cartman: how would u like to suck my balls?!
Mr.G: WHAT DID YOU SAY?!
Cartman: oh im sorry im sorry actually what i said was *picks up megaphone*
HOW WOULD U LIKE TO SUCK MY BALLS MR GARRISON?!
Stan: holy shit dude!

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2003 04:57 PM
unibrow is currently offline Click here to Send unibrow a Private Message Find more posts by unibrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
america_boxers

elf magic is not the reason he can vanish and all that in hogwarts (and wizard magic is more powerful then elf or the wizards would serve the elfs) dobby can aperate and dis aparate cuz house elf work at hogwarts they need to be alble to do that for all the work they have to do in that huge castle

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance
Now i must go... ninja vanish!

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2003 07:46 PM
america_boxers is currently offline Click here to Send america_boxers a Private Message Find more posts by america_boxers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krassin
Rob Zombie

yeah,they can just run around with their lil feet carrying stuff twice their wight big grin

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2003 09:49 PM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

quote:
Originally posted by unibrow
i think its stupid that dobby can disaparate/apparate in hogwars cuz couldnt volde just learn elf magic and do it himself?

maybe cos you have to be an ELF to do elf magic? It can't be learnt - it is ingrained in them at birth!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 06:16 PM
krassin
Rob Zombie

yeah,elf dont learn magic,is in their blood

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 09:23 PM
watadrive
king of kmc

Miffed

here's a mistake. in book 3 Fred and George get there owl's back before the end of term but in book 5 it sez they get them in the summer break wink wink wink wink wink

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 02:26 AM
watadrive is currently offline Click here to Send watadrive a Private Message Find more posts by watadrive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote