KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Ariel Sharon's Condition [merged]

Ariel Sharon's Condition [merged]
Started by: BobbyD

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Just when the world was beginning.........

....to make progress, Sharon's health decides to take a turn for the worst. Unfortunate, I tell ya'.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 02:17 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NinthCorona

What the f**k?

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 02:17 PM
NinthCorona is currently offline Click here to Send NinthCorona a Private Message Find more posts by NinthCorona Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Scooter, you don't know what I'm referring to?

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 02:19 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NinthCorona

Not really, no.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 02:20 PM
NinthCorona is currently offline Click here to Send NinthCorona a Private Message Find more posts by NinthCorona Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

This is the other "Sharon." You know, the one doesn't have "Stone" as a part of their name.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 02:25 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

quote:
Not really, no.

Arial Sharon, Israeli leader, has suffered serious bleeding strokes and is currently in an induced coma. It looks unlikely he will return to politics, and could force an election, and the Palestinians aren't unhappy about it - ergo politicians predict this could set back the "peace" process who knows how far.

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 02:26 PM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NinthCorona

Makes sense now. Thank IS.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 02:36 PM
BobbyD
Animal Lover

C'mon, Scoots....you gotta stay on top of your current events a little more.

wink

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 02:42 PM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Arial Sharon, Israeli leader, has suffered serious bleeding strokes and is currently in an induced coma. It looks unlikely he will return to politics, and could force an election, and the Palestinians aren't unhappy about it - ergo politicians predict this could set back the "peace" process who knows how far.

ironic since not so long ago palestinians refered to him as the 'butcher'.
strange days indeed

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 02:42 PM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NinthCorona

Originally posted by BobbyD
C'mon, Scoots....you gotta stay on top of your current events a little more.

wink
Ihaven't been paying attention to them. *shrug* I'm more concerned with America, instead of other countries.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 02:44 PM
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Originally posted by PVS
strange days indeed

I'm pretty sure a good number still do. They had scenes on the news of people handing out sweets in celebration of his imminent death, or so they believe. Still, cooler heads and more moderate leaders seem concerned, at least with the current Palestinian authority anyway.

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 02:49 PM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Originally posted by §cooter
Ihaven't been paying attention to them. *shrug* I'm more concerned with America, instead of other countries.

This will effect America me thinks.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 02:58 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by PVS
strange days indeed

jaden patiently waits for someone to bring up the obvious saddam reference

oops...i did it myself

as bad as ariel sharon is...he's the only person on the political spectrum of israel and palestine who treads the middle ground with authority

without him i have no doubt the bejamin netanyahu will win in the next elections...he has already said he will give no leeway with regards to the palestinians...and the whole place will decend into chaos again

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 04:54 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Robertson suggests God smote Sharon

quote:
CNN - Television evangelist Pat Robertson suggested Thursday that Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's stroke was divine retribution for the Israeli withdrawal from Gaza, which Robertson opposed.

"He was dividing God's land, and I would say, 'Woe unto any prime minister of Israel who takes a similar course to appease the [European Union], the United Nations or the United States of America,'" Robertson told viewers of his long-running television show, "The 700 Club."

"God says, 'This land belongs to me, and you'd better leave it alone,'" he said.

Robertson's show airs on the ABC Family cable network and claims about 1 million viewers daily.

Sharon, 77, clung to life in a Jerusalem hospital Thursday after surgery to treat a severe stroke, his doctors said.

The prime minister, who withdrew Israeli settlers and troops from Gaza and parts of the West Bank last summer over heated objections from his own Likud Party, was breathing with the aid of a ventilator after doctors operated to stop the bleeding in his brain.

In Washington, President Bush offered praise for Sharon in a speech on Thursday.

"We pray for his recovery," Bush said. "He's a good man, a strong man. A man who cared deeply about the security of the Israeli people, and a man who had a vision for peace. May God bless him."

Daniel Ayalon, Israel's ambassador to the United States, compared Robertson's remarks to the overheated rhetoric of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

He called the comments "outrageous" and said they were not something to expect "from any of our friends."

"He is a great friend of Israel and a great friend of Prime Minister Sharon himself, so I am very surprised," Ayalon told CNN.

Robertson, 75, founded the Christian Coalition and in 1988 failed in a bid for the Republican presidential nomination. He last stirred controversy in August, when he called for the assassination of Venezuela's president, Hugo Chavez.

Robertson later apologized, but still compared Chavez to Hitler and former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein in the process.

The same month, the Anti-Defamation League criticized Robertson for warning that God would "bring judgment" against Israel for its withdrawal from Gaza, which it had occupied since the 1967 Mideast war.

Robertson said Thursday that Sharon was "a very likable person, and I am sad to see him in this condition."

He linked Sharon's health problems to the 1995 assassination of Israeli leader Yitzhak Rabin, who signed the Oslo peace accords that granted limited self-rule to Palestinians.

"It was a terrible thing that happened, but nevertheless, now he's dead," Robertson said.

Rabin was gunned down by a religious student opposed to the Oslo accords. The killer, Yigal Amir, admitted to the crime and was sentenced to life in prison.

Rev. Barry Lynn, executive director of Americans United for Separation of Church and State, criticized Robertson's comments Thursday, saying the televangelist "has a political agenda for the entire world."

"He seems to think God is ready to take out any world leader who stands in the way of that agenda," Lynn said in a written statement.

"A religious leader should not be making callous political points while a man is struggling for his life," he said. "I'm appalled."

Ralph Neas, president of liberal advocacy group People for the American Way, said "it is astonishing that Pat Robertson still wields substantial influence" in the Republican Party.

"Once again, Pat Robertson leaves us speechless with his insensitivity and arrogance," Neas said in a written statement.

According to The Associated Press, Robertson spokeswoman Angell Watts said of people who criticized the comments: "What they're basically saying is, 'How dare Pat Robertson quote the Bible?'"

"This is what the word of God says," Watts told the AP. "This is nothing new to the Christian community."

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 06:39 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krillinite

anyone think with him out of the picture more violence could erupt in that region?

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 07:33 PM
krillinite is currently offline Click here to Send krillinite a Private Message Find more posts by krillinite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ash007
Strength and Honour

indeed he was the one who wanted to give the Palestinians some of there land back. Other in his own Party disagreed with him?

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.These words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie -- as awisdom, and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.

"One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.-----Sir Winston Churchill

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 08:09 PM
ash007 is currently offline Click here to Send ash007 a Private Message Find more posts by ash007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Sadly A1, yes....do think it will become more violent.

However, you know this is actually the perfect time for the wooorrrld to intervene IF after the new Isreali prime minister is in office, the Palestinians revolt.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 08:51 PM
overlord
OD'd

Re: Just when the world was beginning.........

Originally posted by BobbyD
....to make progress, Sharon's health decides to take a turn for the worst. Unfortunate, I tell ya'.
I don't get this..
Just when the world was what? Why is it unfortunate?

I always thought Sharon was a bastard.. confused

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 08:54 PM
overlord is currently offline Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually, I heard he found out about the woman that married the dolphin. He was cool with it, until he hear teh dolphin's name was Cindy. He thought something gay was going on in the promised land and fell over from a stroke.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 08:58 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

laughing

That's so wrong, Cap'n.

Overlord, yes I suppose he may have been a bastard, but he was doing a pretty good job of keeping the peace in a very volatile region.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 09:05 PM