KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Who hates black molded plastic ?

Who hates black molded plastic ?
Started by: WESTISBEST

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WESTISBEST

Who hates black molded plastic ?

Since they have casted a deacent actor for Batman, let's hope they suit him up in an outfit that shows his real muscles.
And go back to grey as to break up the color scheme a bit and also to go back to the traditional look.

And NOT a plastic vehicle that the actor climbs into like Dexter does to one of his robots lol.

Also it would be nice to film in a real city like Spiderman was to make it real and not some Cheesy, over the top "gothic hollywood set"

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2003 03:02 AM
WESTISBEST is currently offline Click here to Send WESTISBEST a Private Message Find more posts by WESTISBEST Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philldwill
Superior To You

Wow, buddy watch your self

Ok, first things, first. Batman should have armor on and it should look like muscle. He does this to make the attacker think he is "not human" there for he uses fear as his ally. His car, well I like the first movie car, but it was just too big. I completely disagree with you on the city. Read the comics, the city looks just like it did in the first two films. I hate Gotham in the last two films. Gotham, isn't a real city therefor you can't film it in a real city. Spiderman did take place in New York, so it makes sense to film it in a real city.

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2003 06:34 PM
Philldwill is currently offline Click here to Send Philldwill a Private Message Find more posts by Philldwill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WESTISBEST

Metropolis isn't a real place either.
And originaly Batman relied on agility and fighting skills,sharp senses and gadgets and not an exstoskeliton.
Wouldn't you fear a guy with these skills ?
He is supposed to be on the offense and not using armor because he feels he's on the defense.

So if you are going by comics, then leave out the armor.

Besides, didn't anyone find it odd that Batman was stiff as shit ?
Batman is supposed to be athletic and agile.

The reason they used the molded suite in the first place was to make up for Keatons lack of physical presence.
After that they just stayed with the plastic as not to change things too dramaticaly in the series.
Check it out and see if I'm making up this bit of info.

Get rid of the plastic suit please.

Last edited by WESTISBEST on Nov 4th, 2003 at 02:29 AM

Old Post Nov 4th, 2003 02:14 AM
WESTISBEST is currently offline Click here to Send WESTISBEST a Private Message Find more posts by WESTISBEST Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batmanrules

batman shouldnt have had that big armor costume, it should have just been tights like bartrams suit. batman originally didnt have armor.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 01:12 AM
batmanrules is currently offline Click here to Send batmanrules a Private Message Find more posts by batmanrules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
plazmagod
Mister Pickles to You!

Batman does wear "body armor" but it isn't molded latex like it was in the movies. He wears a composite kevlar/nomex weave shirt, with extra padding and protection around the bat symbol on his chest, to draw gunfire to it as a focal point. So you are both right and wrong about Batman wearing armor. As for in the film, I think he should wear a modified bulletproof vest under his grey outfit.(something like what Weasly snipes was wearing in the second blade movie) He should also have white lenses instead of showing Christian Bale's eyes with black eyeliner around them. It would be a cool effect for the lenses to change color like they do when he uses night vision or infa-red modes(like in the comics) Also Batman didn't rely to much on gadgets in the beginning, just a rope and martial arts. The car from the first movie was perfect except for the one major flaw I saw, and it was the only flaw with the movie I had, it had guns on it! Batman DOES NOT USE GUNS!!!! Other than that, it would have been the most realistic representation of a batmobile on film. But who says he needs the car for the first film? He could just get around using jump lines and it would be cool.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 09:21 PM
plazmagod is currently offline Click here to Send plazmagod a Private Message Find more posts by plazmagod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

And Gotham is "gothic" for a reason. One, it's in the name. Two, it's in the nature of the city. Gotham is a very dark, crime-ridden place.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 07:25 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daywalker
Vigilante

I thought the latex suits were cool. I think what all the comic buffs have to remember is that the movies are"based on" the comic book characters which gives them leaway for change. Don't get me wrong, I love the black and grey spandex look but sometimes people should accept things for what they are and not what you want them to be.

Attachment: sdcc03 31.jpg
This has been downloaded 75 time(s).

Blade

Old Post Dec 17th, 2003 11:01 PM
Daywalker is currently offline Click here to Send Daywalker a Private Message Find more posts by Daywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Blade seems rather out of place.....stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 06:51 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daywalker
Vigilante

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Soth
Blade seems rather out of place.....stick out tongue

Hey, think "crossover" man! big grin Nothing wrong with Blade hangin' with the batfamily cool

Attachment: batmanandblade.jpg
This has been downloaded 74 time(s).

Blade

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 03:49 AM
Daywalker is currently offline Click here to Send Daywalker a Private Message Find more posts by Daywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Heh....just kidding

Blade and Batman would make kick-ass movie, I agree

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 05:12 AM
Daywalker
Vigilante

quote:
Heh....just kidding

Blade and Batman would make kick-ass movie, I agree

Definitely, they are two of my favorite superheroes(Batman being #1). There's just something about two cool dark vigilantes that can't be denied.

Attachment: sdcc03 82.jpg
This has been downloaded 71 time(s).

Blade

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 05:51 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

One problem in all these pictures: Blade is smiling. That's not right.......he never smiles

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 07:44 AM
Daywalker
Vigilante

quote:
One problem in all these pictures: Blade is smiling. That's not right.......he never smiles

That's not true, actually i'm showing my fangs off and with the lack of detail it kinda looks like i'm smiling big grin cool big grin And before you say it, I know Blade really doesn't show fangs in the movies but it was a nice touch to the costume.

That sux that you thought I was smiling sad

Attachment: 18sdcc03-0124.jpg
This has been downloaded 66 time(s).

Blade

Last edited by Daywalker on Dec 19th, 2003 at 09:18 AM

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 09:12 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

That was just an initial reaction, it looks really cool. Maybe it's just the way your opening your mouth

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 01:50 AM
Daywalker
Vigilante

quote:
That was just an initial reaction, it looks really cool. Maybe it's just the way your opening your mouth

It's cool, that was my first time out as Blade and i'm of an open mind to critiques.

Attachment: sdcc03 38.jpg
This has been downloaded 60 time(s).

Blade

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 10:26 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

That Batgirl standing next to you? I can't tell

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 07:07 AM
Daywalker
Vigilante

quote:
That Batgirl standing next to you? I can't tell

Yep, that's her alright. I like that costume.

Attachment: batmanbatgirl1.jpg
This has been downloaded 61 time(s).

Blade

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 01:14 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Awesome

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 05:48 AM
Daywalker
Vigilante

quote:
Awesome

Agreed. I think that design is better than the one from the movie. It's a shame when the fans have to show Hollywood how it should be done.

Blade

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2003 12:32 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Yeah, I hate that. They get it so wrong sometimes.....

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2003 07:03 AM