KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » What Back to the Future and The Matrix Trilogy's connection

What Back to the Future and The Matrix Trilogy's connection
Started by: revolution_man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
revolution_man

What Back to the Future and The Matrix Trilogy's connection

i am a box office analyst for the herald tribune in indiana(but also a huge matrix fan). If history repeats itself, revolutions will make about 70 percent of what reloaded made, which is about rougly 195 million dollars. What i mean by history repeating itself is based on The Back To the Future series. The first one came out and in its opening weekend and grossed a moderate 12 million dollars(thats about 30 million dollars today)...in the long run it became a worldwide phenomenon and eventually grossed more than 210 million dollars in the u.s. 4 YEARS LATER(like the matrix), the sequel came out. it grossed a then-record breaking 45 million dollars in 4 days.(like the matrix reloaded) it was huge, despite lukewarm reviews(like the matrix reloaded). but 6 MONTHS LATER, the second sequel came out. it grossed a then- good-but not great-by-back to the future standards, even though the reception of the movie was better than the first sequel. it evntually made 87 million dollars. but hopefully people will be more excited about the matrix's second sequel than they were about back to the future. AND US MATRIX FANS NEED TO SEE IT A LOT AND MAKE IT BIGGER!!!!(i realize that you guys prolly dont care as much about the box office as i do, but i personally would like to see this movie become huge!)

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 07:07 PM
revolution_man is currently offline Click here to Send revolution_man a Private Message Find more posts by revolution_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sparrows Angel
Kaylu

hi

created by the talented Godshinto
"Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso."

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 02:48 AM
Sparrows Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Sparrows Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Sparrows Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

hello...there's a big chance revolutions will hit the box higher than reloaded.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 03:13 AM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arggie
Whatever.

I think that there is more of a connection between, the Matrix and the Terminator. It's kinda the same story line.

"You must unlearn, what you have learned"
-Jedi Master Yoda

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 03:19 AM
Arggie is currently offline Click here to Send Arggie a Private Message Find more posts by Arggie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JRatT12

Hey your right JixQuillan the matrix is a huge rip-off the terminator movies. Im glade a few other people relies these

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 03:29 AM
JRatT12 is currently offline Click here to Send JRatT12 a Private Message Find more posts by JRatT12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arggie
Whatever.

Well they do have the same idea, but the Matrix isnt entirely a ripoff of Terminator, because in Terminator the humans battle using sheer human abilities. While in the Matrix the humans battle the machines using a living computer virus named Neo.

"You must unlearn, what you have learned"
-Jedi Master Yoda

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 03:57 AM
Arggie is currently offline Click here to Send Arggie a Private Message Find more posts by Arggie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nickjs21

there's actually a terminator/matrix thread if you can find it.

interesting connection with the back to the future thing, though.

"what we obtain too easily, we esteem too lightly." -- Thomas Paine

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 04:31 AM
nickjs21 is currently offline Click here to Send nickjs21 a Private Message Find more posts by nickjs21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JRatT12

OK here are simalertys i found so far....

…there is this big war the world gets nuked (Ohh you mean judgment day) then the robots start to enslave the humans so they can use them for energy. (skynet inslaves the living humans after the nukes also) There are these computer programs “agents” (or robots basically) that look just like humans (sweet bad breathe) one of the agents is more advanced (agent Smith AKA T-1000 the rest are less advanced like T-101’s) but there is one man that fights back…. his name was john Conner your son Sarah….or Neo (ohhhh Neo “ONE” I get it…damn tricky movie)…..anyone want to take a guess what the Wachowski brothers favorite movie is….Hmmmm T1 and T2 could be…

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 04:55 AM
JRatT12 is currently offline Click here to Send JRatT12 a Private Message Find more posts by JRatT12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nickjs21

y'know, i did just point out that t2 has nothing to do with the original subject of this thread . . . you could always post that in the terminator/matrix thread, in which everything you just said has already been discussed.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 05:12 AM
nickjs21 is currently offline Click here to Send nickjs21 a Private Message Find more posts by nickjs21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

did you know matrix revolutions was the highest grossing Rated R movie of all time!!!!!!??????!!!!!!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 05:42 AM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
revolution_man

u mean reloaded. yes it was the highest grossing r rated movie of all time. it beat out beverly hills cop, which grossed 242 million dollars. and i really dont think that the matrix trilogy is a ripoff at all of the terminator series. they are both great, smart, and unique science fiction films. actually, those trilogies are probably the cest sci-fi trilogies out there along with star wars. what i meant be similarity of films, i meant by box office data, not by story lines.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 06:13 PM
revolution_man is currently offline Click here to Send revolution_man a Private Message Find more posts by revolution_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JRatT12

JUST FOR YOUR INFO...star wars is not a sci-fi movie its a fantasy

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 06:42 PM
revolution_man

umm i beg to differ that. well, i guess it is... it's both i guess

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 07:42 PM
Leog14

Well to me the Box Office image isn't the biggest part of success when it comes to the Academy awards but I know for certain that there are some many people (including me) that right now would want to see The Matrix Revolutions. If the only reason that the movie might drag it's because of the Lord of The Rings: The Return of the King that opening the following month. I love the Matrix trilogy. It's hard to find movies these days that actually have a great trilogy. I for certain know that Revolutions will be a box office blockbuster because everytime I see that damn teaser and trailer i get shakes just I like when I saw The Hulk trailer, X-Men 2, Terminator 3. I just can't wait. Anyway I think one of the reasons why Back to the future 3 was as good as the two before was because the last was a cowboy country film and not everyone likes that old western look. I prefer the second part myself. Anyway just think about Open Range right now that is coming out later this month and think do you really want to see a western. Sorry Kevin Costner, love your work in JFK, The Untouchables, Dances with Wolves, and The Bodyguard but this Open Range isn't gonna make it. Well just get marry and retire. I think it was waterworld that killed you. Just like "Gigli" killed J.Lo.

Last edited by Leog14 on Aug 10th, 2003 at 08:01 PM

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 07:58 PM
Leog14 is currently offline Click here to Send Leog14 a Private Message Find more posts by Leog14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nickjs21

you people go off-topic like it's your jobs.

just find the terminator threads, please.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 06:03 AM
Verity

Smile

me too! Let's blow this mutha" up!!!!Happy Dance

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 09:41 AM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VenomVA

Great work with the BTTF and Matrix box office numbers smile

I for one will do with Revolutions the same thing I did with Reloaded (If they open it the same way). See it that Thursday, Friday, Saturday and that Sunday. I believe in giving them some of their money back before I seek the b'leg big grin

If a movie is worth it I will see it up to 5 times in the theater before viewing it @ home. ex: I saw Bad Boys 2 four times already big grin but saw Reloaded atleast 15 + times....I am still mad at my wife because Reloaded has left the Virginia Air and Space Ctr (IMAX) and I didn't see it again mad mad mad mad

Anyways, GO SEE REVOLUTIONS 5+ times big grin big grin

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 02:59 PM
VenomVA is currently offline Click here to Send VenomVA a Private Message Find more posts by VenomVA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote