KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » I've read the entire pirates 3 script

I've read the entire pirates 3 script
Started by: piratebrain42

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pirates life fo

If that were true you would be getting him fired if it was found out. It's not true however. You did not get a script sorry to say. No property master or even assistant with the experience Michael Gianneschi has would make that mistake.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 02:52 AM
Pirates life fo is currently offline Click here to Send Pirates life fo a Private Message Find more posts by Pirates life fo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D_Shiznitdog

quote: (post)
Originally posted by surfchikpir8fan
yeh i agree wif LovelyOne i also found da *supposed* 1st 56 pages 2 pirates of da caribbean 3 at world's end on da net i think it waz a fake 2 but it waz heaps of fun 2 read n i still lyk fake scripts as long as they r still exciting n keep me interested i wish piratebrain42 would still answer wat happened in da script they got *yells out 2 nowhere "koooooooooeeeeeeeeee echo echo PIRATEBRAIN42 U OUT THERE ............... ANYWHERE?" pulls wierd face* lol i'm such an idiot smile

I actually read on a trusted website that the 56-page script on the internet was actually confirmed by Ted Elliott, one of the writers, that it actually is the first 56 pages of one of the very early drafts.

(However, I don't believe for a second that this guy read the whole script.)

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 11:22 PM
D_Shiznitdog is currently offline Click here to Send D_Shiznitdog a Private Message Find more posts by D_Shiznitdog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

Yeahi dont either...especially since he hasnt come bak on here ans adi anythingelse about it

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 11:23 PM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
surfchikpir8fan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by D_Shiznitdog
I actually read on a trusted website that the 56-page script on the internet was actually confirmed by Ted Elliott, one of the writers, that it actually is the first 56 pages of one of the very early drafts.

(However, I don't believe for a second that this guy read the whole script.)

really was it an early draft koolies i liked the script though it waz pretty good Happy Dance so the script they end up working with wil be even beta YAH! big grin

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 02:18 AM
surfchikpir8fan is currently offline Click here to Send surfchikpir8fan a Private Message Find more posts by surfchikpir8fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

does anyone have these 56 pages?

Norrie+Sailor= Happiness !bunny
Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 02:20 AM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

i do but I'm not on my computer that has itsad

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 02:50 AM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

gah...well it figures.....i hate life...im so depressed now seriously...ne ways no one cares so im gonna stop my ranting

Norrie+Sailor= Happiness !bunny
Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 02:51 AM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
surfchikpir8fan

its gonna be hard bit ill try and post it in bits here cuz it looks like its been removed from da net nut here's da 1st 5 pages (ill go 5 pages by 5 pages) :

Pirates of the Caribbean 3 : script page 1EXT. SINGAPORE HARBOR - WHARF - NIGHTAsian junks jammed into raised, crisscrossing docks. Weird shadows cast by hanging lamps.Amid the pylons, ELIZABETH SWANN pilots a small boat with a long pole. She moves through the maze of ropes, stairways, rafts and skiffs. It's Singapore harbour, a place of danger and decadence, mystery and magic.Elizabeth sings softly and very slowlyELIZABETH(singing) Came all ye young fellers that follows the seaShe waits, listening.Silence.Again she sings --ELIZABETH(CONT'D) Came all ye young fellers that follows the seaA VOICE IN THE DARK answers, completes the lineMAN (O.S)(singing).To my way haye, blow the man downElizabeth changes course, toward the voice. The singer is an ASIAN MAN crouched on a platform. Cleaning fish guts up to his elbows. He raises his eyes to Elizabeth. Points.Elizabeth pushes off in that direction. Sings the next line --ELIZABETHI've a deep water Clipper just in from Hong KongANOTHER VOICE in the dark before her answers.OLD MAN (O.S.)Give us the time and we'll blow the man downThe OLD MAN washes clothes on floating dock; she gestures for Elizabeth to continue on her path. Elizabeth sings:Pirates of the Caribbean 3 : script page 2ELIZABETHIf you'll give me some grog, then I'll sing you a songA DARK FIGURE stands on the dock before her.DARK FIGURE (O.S.) To my way, haye, blow the man down!The Figure turns -- is revealed to be BARBOSSA. He is flanked by half a dozen Chinese SOLDIERS.Barbossa nods, gestures at the boat - -BARBOSSABring him.Pintel and Ragetti stand up in the boat. Reveal - -A HOODED PRISONER, bound, between them in the boat. He is lifted out. They start to move forward - -- - but one of the SOLDERS holds up a hand. Twirls a finger for the Prisoner to be turned away. The Soldier RIPS AWAY the Prisoner's shirt - -Revealed on the Prisoner's back is an elaborate TATTOO of a DRAGON.The Soldier nods - - this is the right guy. They start forward.CLOSE ON: the Prisoner listens to the FOOTSTEPS around him, taking in his situation by sound - -Suddenly the Prisoner pushes away from his guards, knocks down the Soldier. Pulls his bound hands down around his feet, bringing his hands to the front - - grabs a sword from the Soldier, and jumps up to a fighting pose - -other Soldiers attack - - amazingly, the Prisoner, even blinded by the hood, and with both hands bound in front, is able to deflect their blades.Barbossa rolls his eyes.BARBOSSA(O.S.) Don't fight him one at a time. Rush him all at once, all of you.Soldier rush the Prisoner and he is overwhelmed, falls to the dock. Elizabeth presses a knife under his chin, letting him feet it - -ELIZABETHYou don't realize, do you? (MORE)Pirates of the Caribbean 3 : script page 3ELIZABETHIt doesn't matter to us if you are alive or dead.The Prisoner lets go of the sword. He is dragged to his feet, and pushed along the dock - -INT. TEMPLE - NIGHTBarbossa leads the group into a modest temple. Plain floor and walls, bamboo tapestries.Opposite him is CAPTAIN SAO FENG, notorious Chinese Pirate - - flanked by his PIRATE SOLDIER. Behind Sao Feng, sitting on a raised throne is a young, beautiful Chinese DRAGON LADY.She says nothing - - and misses nothing.Barbossa bows before the Dragon Lady.BARBOSSAMy Lady. I am pleased to return and see you are well. I bring you a gift - - the treacherous Lang Si, who slayed your brother many years ago.Soldier turn the Prisoner around - - revealing the dragon tattoo. Many of the soldiers react, scowl in anger - -Sao Feng holds up a hand.SAO FENGThe Lady thanks you.BARBOSSAAnd does the depth of her generosity extend to a gift in return? Perhaps the charts we discussed?Sao Feng opens a satchel, revealing a set of charts inside.SAO FENGThe charts are here. the Lady knows of your interest in Jack Sparrow, who is known to us as a scoundrel and evildoer and who himself has a price on his head.Elizabeth pushes forward.ELIZABETHHow much?Sao Feng focuses on Elizabeth. Looks at Barbossa.Pirates of the Caribbean 3 : script page 4SAO FENGI command your choice in a traveling companion. I fear we chose the wrong payment.BARBOSSAThe Wench is not for sale at this moment.ELIZABETHWench?Barbossa implores her to silence with a look.BARBOSSAThe charts?SAO FENGI can tell you that Jack Sparrow resides in Davy Jone's Locker, which lies on the path to the Land of the Dead.BARBOSSAJust like Jack, to cheat death.SAO FENGHe will suffer for eternity. Some say Death would be kinder. but Davy Jones never gives up what he takes from the sea.BARBOSSALet me see the charts.Captain Sao Feng smiles.SAO FENGHow do we know your quest was successful? The Lady desire to look upon this coward.Barbossa pulls a pistol. Swords are drawn in response. But - - Barbossa aims the pistol at the Prisoner.BARBOSSAThe Lady desire revenge. Hand over the charts, or Lang Si dies and the Lady will be robbed of her satisfaction.Pintel and Ragetti, on opposite sides of the Prisoner, edge away from the Prisoners.Sao Feng regards Barbossa he plays with an intricate, Chinese knot pendant on a string around his neck.Pirates of the Caribbean 3 : script page 5Shakes his head. he closes the satchel.SAO FENGNo.It's a standoff. One of the Chinese soldiers notices something, stares at the Prisoner's back.Sweat on his back. The Tattooed Dragon is melting.The Soldier catches Sao Feng's eye. Shakes his head slightly.Sao Feng raises an eyebrow.SAO FENG(CON'T) Kill them.His soldier swarm around him to attack - -The prisoner, still hooded, dodges an attack. Elizabeth defends against two soldiers, takes a sword deom one as he halls. She turns and SLASHES at the Prisoner - -- - cutting the Prisoner's bonds and trowing him a sword.The Prisoner yanks off the hood - -- -it is WILL TURNER.Elizabeth and Will smiles at each other. Then spin to fight back to back - -Barbossa takes on Captain Feng as Elizabeth darts in the grab the Charts. She is cut off by two Guards. Will goes to her rescue - - and now there are a half dozen soldiers surrounding the Charts. Sao Feng makes note of this - -The Dragon Lady watches it all, never flinching.WILLback! To the doors!The group is quickly outnumbered and overwhelmed. Pintel and Ragetti cut a path to the door - -EXT. SINGAPORE - DOCKS - NIGHTOur heroes flee down ramps, up ladders, swing on ropes.Elizabeth and Barbossa fight through an array of Pirates.Pintel and Ragetti fight and also gleefully knock stuff over.Will holds off a group, and then swings away on a rope - -- - and comes face-to-face with Captain Sao Feng. Oh shit.The two of them cross blades.They fight their way across a platform and CRASH through a window.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 10:38 AM
surfchikpir8fan is currently offline Click here to Send surfchikpir8fan a Private Message Find more posts by surfchikpir8fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
surfchikpir8fan

da next 4:

Pirates of the Caribbean 3 : script page 6INT. PLATFORM HUT - NIGHTWill and Sao Feng stand. But a weird thing - - they don't continue the fight. Instead, Sao Feng pulls out - - the Charts.He glances at Will.WILLI will deliver Jack Sparrow. There is no love loss between us.SAO FENGI wish you luck. (eyes a window) Shall we?Will smiles, the two of them race toward the window on the other side of the shack - -EXT. SINGAPORE HARBOR - NIGHT- - Will and Sao Feng crash through the window, roll, and come up fighting. Will cuts Sao Feng's sword away, and races off. Sao Feng calls out - -SAO FENGI see hem! Follow me - - this way!SOLDIER appear - - and Sao Feng leads them in the opposite direction Will took.EXT. SINGAPORE - DACK - NIGHTWill hooks back up with Barbossa and Elizabeth.WILLI have the Charts.BARBOSSAI'm impressed, Mister Turner.WILLYou have us a ship?BARBOSSAAye, we're got a ship.They race around the corner, and revealed before them is - -- - the HAI PENG, an old, decrepit Chinese JUNK with patched sails. TIA DALMAis on board, and has the ship pulling away from the dock.WILLIt's a junk!Pirates of the Caribbean 3 : script page 7BARBOSSAAye.WILLNo, I mean, it really is junk. BARBOSSAShe's a strong spirit. She’ll take us to the edge of the world! Or perhaps you' DAVY JONESrather stay here? SOLDIERS appear; they are crashed along the docks, leap onto the ship - - a narrow escape from Singapore!EXT. HAI PENG - DECK - NIGHTWill looks back - - CHINESE SAILORS line the docks, there are dozens of ships nearby, but none of them pursue.ELIZABETHWhy aren't we being followed?TIA DALMAThere is something on the seas that even the most staunch and bloodthirsty pirates have come to fearINT. BECKETT'S OFFICE - DAYSwann and Beckett at the desk, working through a sheaf of documents. Swann signs his name under Beckett's supervision, Beckett affixes a seal to each in turn.Swann pauses as he leafs through a new stack.SWANNAttack authorizations? I thought pirate activity was at an ebb.BECKETTThey're lying low for the moment. But the Brethren will gather soon enough, and then one final strike - -SWANNA Portuguese merchant vessel? This one is for ships of the French Royal Navy! You intend for the Flying Dutchman to wage war on other nations?BECKETTOur efforts simply secure the sea lanes for British commerce. What serves the Company, serves England. (taps the documents) Governor?Swann hesitates then signs. He hates it.Pirates of the Caribbean 3 : script page 8SWANNIf I didn't need the Company's help to find my daughter, I would report you to the King.BECKETTA fine illustration of the principle that rational self-interest yields mutual benefit.Swann's angry pressure on the quill causes it to SNAP.Beckett already has another one waiting.EXT. DOCKS - DAYSwann strides along the dock. A large steam engine has been installed. It starts with a DEAFENING ROAR, starting Swann. He takes some anger out on it with his cane.Norrington catches his arm. They must SHOUT over the noise.NORRINGTONGovernor!SWANNWhat is this thing?NORRINGTONProgress! The world is changing!SWANNWhat?NORRINGTONThe world! Changing! For the - -The engine shudders to an unintended and broken-sounded halt. Quiet now, no shouting necessary.NORRINGTON (CONT'D)For the better.SWANNHow can you look at that and call the world better?He gestures past Norrington - -- - To where the Flying Dutchman lay at anchor, an abomination in broad day light. Encrusted sailors loading the bay.Norrington has no answer.SWANN (CONT'D)Though it may have been flawed in action, there was once a belief that it was beneficial and correct to consider the welfare of others!Pirates of the Caribbean 3 : script page 9Norrington doesn't TIA DALMA know where that came from. Suddenly, it all crashes down on Swann. He sags.SWANN(CONT'D) I miss Elizabeth. I need to find what's become of her.Norrington looks at him. Glances over his shoulder at the Flying Dutchman. Back to Swann. It takes an effort, but finally:NORRINGTONSir I am sorry. At last report, Elizabeth was aboard the Black Pearl when she went down. All hands are presumed lost.Swann looks back up at Norrington. He does not want to believe it. Norrington does not want to say it, but - -NORRINGTON (CONT'D)I was there.Swann absorbs this.SWANNI must find a ship to England.The steam engine ROARS back to life as he says this, his words nearly lost in the sound.ANGLE - THE BALCONY, where Beckett stands, gazing down at the scene.REVERSE - POV BECKETT, as the ROAR of the engine continues as Swann moves away from Norrington. Norrington catches his arm. A heated exchange, Swann bringing most of the heat.Finally Swann turns and strides away. Norrington watches him, resigned and then looks up, directly into CAMERA, right at Beckett.EXT. HAI PENG - DECK - NIGHTGibbs at the helm. Barbossa reads the charts. Gibbs tries to peek but Barbossa pulls them away.BARBOSSACome about full, and set your heading due north.Gibbs frowns, doesn't move the wheel. Barbossa raises an eyebrow.GIBBSWe just spent three days and nights sailing due south.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 10:42 AM
surfchikpir8fan

Pirates of the Caribbean 3 : script page 10BARBOSSAI don't have a need of you questioning my orders, Mister Gibbs.GIBBSAye, you give the orders, now, is that how it is?Will cuts in between them.WILLGibbs, by my authority, you're to follow the heading suggested by Mister Barbossa, in his official capacity of - - navigator.Barbossa gives Gibbs as angelic smile. Gibbs turns the wheel.WILL (CONT'D)Mister Barbossa On the charts, I was struck by a curious phrase. "Capsized into the mirrored sea, the sunrise sets at the flash of green." Do you care to speculate on that for me? BARBOSSAEver gazed upon the green flash, Mister Gibbs?GIBBSI reckon I've seen my share. (explains, for Will's benefit) It's quite a sight. Happens at the last glimpse of sunset, on rare occasions, a green flash shoots up. Some go their whole lives and never see it, many claim to have seen it who never have. Sailors say it signals when a soul comes back to this world from the dead.WILL(to Barbossa) What are the implications to our journey?BARBOSSAI reckon it will Beckett clear enough when the time comes.WillI am interested in your present day speculations.Pirates of the Caribbean 3 : script page 11BARBOSSAI reckon I'll keep my speculations to myself for now, and that way you'll have good reason to keep me around the entire journey.GIBBSA prudent strategy, says I.Barbossa glares at Gibbs. Will decides not to push the matter.WillCarry on, then.Barbossa bows and turns away. Nearby, Pintel and Ragetti swab the deck, obviously listening in. As they speak, FLAKES OF SNOW start to drop down around them.Ragetti leans over to Pintel as if he has a great secret.RAGETTIIt's a riddle.PINTELI know it's a riddle. They know it's a riddle. They don't know what the riddle mean. I don't like riddles.RAGETTIRiddles are fun. "Capsized into the mirrored sea, the sunrise sets"PINTELRiddles are not fun! The way it always works is some poor bloke don't understand what it means, and then he ends up dead he realizes no, I wasn't supposed to listen to the singsing of the sirens, I wasn't supposed to take the pot o'gold and make that fourth wish, but by then it's too late and he dies in a horrible and ironical manner, and in this case, you and I be the poor bloke!RAGETTIRiddle are fun.PINTELRight, it's all fun and games 'til somebody loses an eye - -Pintel goes pale, realizes what he has just said.Pirates of the Caribbean 3 : script page 12RAGETTINow, there was no call to get all personal!PINTELI didn't mean it!They are interrupted SCRAPING SOUND along the keel of the boat. Pintel and Ragetti look outEXT. OCEAN - DAYWhere a huge ICEBERG floats past in the water. The Hai Peng sails amid the snow and icebergs, beneath white-blue sheen of glaciers.PINTELWhere on God's green earth is he taking us?EXT. HAT PENG - DECK - NIGHTTia Dalma measures out rum to the crew. Barbossa downs his right away.Gibbs nurses his. Elizabeth cups her hands around hers as if it will keep her warm.TIA DALMAWe sail into dangerous waters together. I wonder which of you are up to the task? You will survive if your motives are strong.She turns to Will.TIA DALMA (O.S.)What brings you on this voyage?WILLThere is what a man can do, and what a man can't do. Jack Sparrow died saving my life. I can't leave it at that.ON ELIZABETH - - she knows that's not true, but keeps it to herself. Tia Dalma turns to Barbossa.Barbossa answers with great conviction and sincerity and a lowered head:BARBOSSATo atone for my many and varied sins, ma'am.Pirates of the Caribbean 3 : script page 13Gibbs laughs. Barbossa looks hurt.BARBOSSA (CONT'D)And because you kindly asked me to come on this voyage, ma'am. (explains) Seeing as she did me the great service of restoring my life, I am of course overcome with gratitude, and offer to Beckett of service in any way I can.GIBBSI wondered about that. How exactly were you delivered from your fate?Barbossa smiles, sticks his knife into an apple slice, bites into it and chews. Silence is his only answer.TIA DALMAAnd you, Elizabeth? What lies in your heart on this trip?Elizabeth jerks her head at the word "lies" Will watches her.She considers, and finally settles on:ELIZABETHJack Sparrow did not deserve the fate the world gave him.TIA DALMAAh, and what man does?ELIZABETHTo punish the wicked, I leave as God's work. But at least we can try to reward the good, don't you think? (beat) What about you, Tia Dalma? What makes you risk such a dangerous journey?TIA DALMAThe world is a lesser place without Jack Sparrow.ELIZABETHTo Beckett sure. But that doesn't answer the question, does it? WILLLeaving me all the more curious as to your response. Tia Dalma looks slyly between them. She answers enigmatically: Pirates of the Caribbean 3 : script page 14TIA DALMAI am owed many debts, with Jack Sparrow not the least among the debtors. I can hardly collect from a man not of this world. EXT. HAI PENG - DECK - NIGHTElizabeth, lost in thought. has moved away from the others.Will comes up behind her.WILLIt must Beckett a terrible secret indeed, for you to let it come between us.ELIZABETHNothing has come between us. But I do worry I will not live up to what you deserve.Will doesn’t like the sound of that.WILLAs do I with you. Every day. I suspect there is more that troubles you.ELIZABETHMy heart is troubled for the same reason yours is. If we can rescue Jack, all will Beckett well.Will doesn't know how to take that. He presumes - - wrongly - - that she is in love with Jack, and hopes to get her back.WILLThis is a voyage of resolution, then.Elizabeth nods. Looks out past the rigging - -- - the ocean before them is a mirror, stars above and below.ELIZABETHLike sailing into the night sky. (beat) Such a sight is what gave rise to tales and superstitions of the end of the world, where the ocean drops off into nothingness.Barbossa joins them at the railing, pleased.BARBOSSAAh, we're good and lost now.ELIZABETHLost?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 10:44 AM
surfchikpir8fan

Pirates of the Caribbean 3 : script page 15BARBOSSAAye, for certain you have to Beckett lost, to find a place as can't Beckett found. Else ways everyone would know where it was, wouldn't they?WILLLost or crazy.BARBOSSAOr why not both?Barbossa laughs. Then they hear a distant ROAR.The SOUND of RAGING WATER gets LOUDER. The ship TURNS on its own, is swept toward the sound - -GIBBSHard a-port! Gather way and keep her trim!Pirates scurry to save the ship.Tia Dalma appears on deck. Unlike those around her, she is calm and serene.She tosses her crab claws down onto a barrel head. Learns over them and smiles.She murmurs an INCANATION. Moves the claws around in an intricate, repeating pattern.Elizabeth and Will stare at her - - what is she doing? The ROAR is now OVERWHELMING; Elizabeth turns away, sees - -ANGLE - FROM BELOW. a huge WATERFALL is revealed - - it looks to be THE EDGE OF THE WORLD.Elizabeth whirls to Barbossa.ELIZABETHYou're a fiend! You have led us to our doom!BARBOSSAPirates of the Caribbean 3 : script page 16BLACKNESS.And SILENCE.Out of the silence comes SINGING and LAUGHTER various pirate voices, distant, eerie "Yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me"And just as quickly as they came, the voice FADE, to Beckett replaced again by SILENCEFADE UP ON:A WHITE HOT SUN burns in a cloudless blue sky.EXT. DESERT - DAY.JACK SPARROW sits with his head lowered, alone in the dunes of a vant desert. A dry wind blows. This is Jack's purgatory.Sand in all directions, endless.Jack drags himself to his feet.He staggers to a rope lying in the sand. Picks it up and turns, the rope over his back. He leans forward and PULLS - -His feet dig into the sand; he drives forward but goes nowhere. The rope angles up behind him; Jack pulls but makes no progress, gradually sinking downCOME AROUND TO REVEAL: at the other end of the rope is the Black Pearl. Towering above him, stranded in the middle of the vast desert.Jack keeps tugging, to no avail.Nearby are several SMOOTH ROUND STONES. Weirdly, the stones begin to rock back and forth, like eggs hatching. Cracks appear and the stones transform into crabs.One of the crabs turns toward Jack, watching him. Clicks, annoying, like it's laughing.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 10:48 AM
surfchikpir8fan

JACK SPARROWPerfect. What would my torment be without freaky crabs here to mock me?Jack grabs a handful of sand and flings it. The crabs flinch back. Jack collapses into the sand.JACK SPARROW (CONT'D)I'm talking to a crab.The crab scuttles forward looks at Jack. Scuttles sideways, looks at the ship.
Pirates of the Caribbean 3 : script page 17The crab scuttles awayEXT. DESERT - DAYJack Sparrow lays in the sand. Baking in the sun, exhausted.A SHADOW MOVES OVER HIM - -Jack blinks, looks up.ANGLE - ABOVE JACK, the PROW of the Black Pearl. Moving.Jack stand up, sees - - the Black Pearl drifts, floats across the sand, carried on the back of a thousand chittering crabs.Jack raises an eyebrow.JACK SPARROW (CONT'D)Strange.EXT. DESERT - SHORE - DAYIn the water float broken bits of wreckage, all that is left of the Hai Peng. Pintel and Ragetti share a wooden plank as the paddle. Ragetti wears a wide grin.PINTELLestways it wasn't us what wrecked the ship this time - - what is it with you?Ragetti cowers, the grin disappears.RAGETTII thought it was fun.PINTELIt wasn't fun! (tries to scowl, gives up) Maybe a little, the tilting over part - -RAGETTI- - and the big splash at the end!Pintel splashes him, Ragetti splashes back. Elizabeth, Will, Barbossa, Gibbs, Tia Dalma pull themselves onto shore.GIBBSTruly a god-forsaken place.ELIZABETHHow do we find him? Pirates of the Caribbean 3 : script page 18BARBOSSAHe's here. Every sailor what Davy Jones has banished to the depths is here, Somewhere.WILLAnd why should we bother? Now where trapped. Just like him.TIA DALMAJack Sparrow is closer than you think.All eyes turn to Tia Dalma. Behind her, an amazing sight - -JACK SPARROW APPEARS in the sky, at the bow of the Black Pearl, riding over the desert sand, toward the water.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 10:49 AM
surfchikpir8fan

Carried on the back of ten thousand crabs.GIBBSWell I'll be keel-hauled and dipped in sheep shit! Jack!Jack waves. Grabs a rope, swings down onto the sand.JACK SPARROWThank goodness I've found you! Is everybody all right?The ship keeps going behind him, toward the water. Jack treats it like the most normal thing in the world.JACK SPARROW (CONT'D)Will! Gibbs! Ragetti! Pintel and, uh, you with the one eye Tia Dalma, lovely as ever. (Come to Barbossa) Now here's a surprise.BARBOSSAJack, Jack it does me heart good to see you halfway along the path to hellHe grabs Jack, puts a knife to Jack's throat.BARBOSSA(CONT'D) I've a mind to take you the rest of the way! (low) It's not far, I can attest to that!ELIZABETHStop! We're here to rescue him.Jack turns as Elizabeth's voice. Focuses on her. Pushes Barbossa aside, unconcerned.Pirates of the Caribbean 3 : script page 19Barbossa frowns at being suddenly ignored.JACK SPARROWDear Elizabeth. You came to rescue me. How uncommonly generous of you.Will watches the exchange closely.ELIZABETHIn payment for your heroic actions, in saving us all from the Kraken. Our score is level.JACK SPARROWIt is now? Level.Jack pointedly looks out at the desert. Does a three-sixty turn as he makes a "wind blowing over the sand" sound.JACK SPARROW (CONT'D)I don't feel rescued.(with some venom) And so the score is decidedly not level.BARBOSSAI guess you could look at it as we're in the midst of the rescue operation, at the moment.JACK SPARROWLooks to me as if the rescuers are in need of rescuing. And who says I want to Beckett rescued, anyway?Jack strides away, Everyone is incredulous.WILLYou're coming with us. We've gone to too much trouble.Jack waves him away.WILL (CONT'D)Jack!JACK SPARROW(turns) Fact is, I don't. I'm perfectly happy. Here. It's very (tries to think of something good) Simple.Will and Barbossa exchange a look.Pirates of the Caribbean 3 : script page 20JACK SPARROW (CONT'D)But if I do agree to help you out of this mess. It shall Beckett as nothing less than Captain.Barbossa shakes his head.BARBOSSAI'm Captain on the return voyage.JACK SPARROWThen you shouldn't have misplaced your ship.BARBOSSAI see my ship - - right there.He points at the Black Pearl. Jack looks in the direction of the Black Pearl. Squints, covers his eyes, pointedly searching, as if he can't see Barbossa's ship. Keeps squinting, keeps searching.Barbossa sighs, losing his patience.Jack squints some more, bobs up and down on his toes, keeps searching - -BARBOSSA(CONT'D) All right! Only I knows the route home.JACK SPARROWThat would make you - - the navigator.BARBOSSACaptain.JACK SPARROWCook?BARBOSSACaptain.JACK SPARROWCockswain.Will steps between the two.WILLEnough. Jack is rightfully Captain of his ship.Will draws his sword and slashes it to within a millimeter of Jack's eye - -

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 10:51 AM
surfchikpir8fan

Pirates of the Caribbean 3 : script page 21- - then whirls and stops it a millimeter from Barbossa's eyes.WILL (CONT'D)(Will draws his sword) All decisions subject to my approval. Understood?JACK SPARROWAs Captain, I am pleased to name as First Mate Master Barbossa.WILL(raises an eyebrow at Barbossa) Agreed?BARBOSSAI can deal with First Mate. (grins) It worked out fine for me late time.Barbossa holds out his hand. Jack looks at it, grimaces.BARBOSSA(CONT'D) An uneasy alliance?JACK SPARROWAn unholy one.EXT. BLACK PEARLSailing the darkness between worlds.Below the surface of the water, bodies float past, each in its current.Pintel and Ragetti watch over the side.PINTELEerie.RAGETTI(musing) I wonder what would happen if you dropped a cannonball on one of 'em.They look at each other - - let's find out! Pintel starts to hunt for a cannonball. Barbossa, walking past, fixes them with a stern look.Sheepishly, they return to just looking over the rail.PINTELBeckett disrespectful, it would.Ragetti spots something ahead: a small boat, coming toward them, lit Beckett a lantern's glow.Pirates of the Caribbean 3 : script page 22RAGETTIAnother boat coming.Elizabeth glances out at it, then peers more closely.She recognizes the passenger.ELIZABETHFather! Here! Look here!Swann glances over.SWANNElizabeth! (concern) Are you dead?ELIZABETHNo.Swann nods at that. Elizabeth has to move along the rail of the Pearl, toward the stern, to keep pace with him.SWANNI think I am.ELIZABETHHow?SWANN(has trouble recalling) Beckett? He's war? He's waiting for the pirates to gather and How odd. At the time, it seemed so important.ELIZABETHCome aboard! (to the others) Cast out a line! (to Swann) Come back with us!Crewmen prepare a line, too slowly for Elizabeth. She grabs it from them, casts it out. It lands neatly in Swann's boat, but he makes no move toward it. Due to the action of the two vessels passing, it begins to slip toward the edge of the boat.ELIZABETH (CONT'D)Take the line!SWANN(suddenly; this is important) Elizabeth.She gives him his full attention.Pirates of the Caribbean 3 : script page 23SWANN (CONT'D)When I would reprimand you to obey the rules, it was because I did not want you to ever be unhappy. But I should have recognized in your wilfulness your courage. I am proud of you, Elizabeth.The line is about to slip from Swann's boat.ELIZABETHThe line! Catch the line!The end of the line falls into the water.ELIZABETH (CONT'D)Father!His boat is near the aft of the Pearl.ELIZABETH(CONT'D) Come back with us! Please! I won't let you go!She climbs the rail. Will gets there slightly, ahead of Jack to haul her back.SWANNI'll give your love to your mother, then, shall I?Elizabeth stares after him; nods slightly, accepting.The light of the boat's lantern is swallowed up by the darkness.She looks back to the others.ELIZABETHBeckett is waiting for the pirates to gather.BARBOSSAThe Brethren.ELIZABETHWe have to warn them. He has to die.She moves away. Will, Barbossa and Jack watch her go.JACK SPARROWI personally have no reservations about that plan.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 10:53 AM
surfchikpir8fan

Pirates of the Caribbean 3 : script page 24EXT. BLACK PEARL - MAIN DECK - SUNSETBarbossa watches the sun hover over the horizon.BARBOSSAIt's not getting to the land of the dead is the problem, so much as getting away.Tia Dalma has wrapped herself in the rigging.TIA DALMAI feel it in my soul, if we do not escape this night, we will sail trackless seas, under starless skies, to our doom.Gibbs, Elizabeth and Will are gathered around the charts Jack sits curled like a cat on one of the sails.GIBBSThere's a cheery thought.JACK SPARROWAt least our demise sounds poetic.BARBOSSAAye, the charts give us a day to sail free. Pintel and Ragetti sit opposite each other on a table.Ragetti's wooden eye is out, rolling on the table with the sway of the ship.Elizabeth reads from the charts.ELIZABETH"Up is down on the mirrored sea, when sun rise sets at the flash of green."WILLFlash of green?BARBOSSAOn rare occasions, when the sun sets, there is a green flash on the horizon. They say - -GIBBS/PINTEL... that's the only time a soul can transition between worlds.Gibbs and Pintel glare at each other, the two storytellers in competition.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 10:54 AM
surfchikpir8fan

Pirates of the Caribbean 3 : script page 25PINTEL(to Ragetti ) Thinks he knows everything.GIBBS(to Jack) Thinks he knows everything.Jack idly watches as Ragetti's eye roll across the table; ship moving with the wavesJack has a sudden idea. Gets up, watches the eye. His movement is enough to draw the attention of the others.JACK SPARROWHmn. When sunrise sets. Now there's a notion.He moves over the railing at port. Everyone follows the ship tilts that way a little. Jack thinks - -Jack suddenly races to the starboard side. Everyone follows - -what is he up to? He looks out at the sunset. Suddenly seems to see something on the port side.JACK SPARROW (CONT'D)There, it moved!ELIZABETHWhat?WILLI don't see anything - -But Jack runs across, and everyone follows, and the ship tilts a little more. Jack goes the other way, and Gibbs figures it out.GIBBSHe's rocking the ship.BARBOSSAAye, he's onto it. All hands together!GIBBSTime it with each swell!

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 10:55 AM
surfchikpir8fan

Pirates of the Caribbean 3: script page 26Jack races back to port. Then to starboard. The ship tilts back and forth - -PINTELHe's going to tip us over!Ragetti already has a rope ready.RAGETTIWe tie each other to the mast, upside down, so we'll Beckett right side up when the boat flips!Pintel thinks about it. Thinks about it Thinks about it - -PINTELGood idea!Will gets to the rail as the ship tilts, look out - -The sun SINKS into the sea, a small orange flam left - -- - Black pearl tilts further - -They rock the Black Pearl completely over; waves fill the sails and cause the ship to continue to roll - -CAMERA MOVES AROUND THE ROLLING SHIP, UNDERWATER - -Chains, cannons, small objects fall down toward the depths.Jack, Will, Elizabeth, Barbossa, Gibbs hold on, flat down away from the ship.Pintel and Ragetti hold their breaths, cheeks bulging.- - CAMERA TURNS, SO THE BALCK PEARL IS RIGHT SIDE UP - -ON THE HORIZON, the FLASH OF GREEN shoots up!AND SUDDENLY - -THWUMP!All of the water FALLS, dropping down onto the deck. The objects fall, the people fall, SLAMMING on to the deck.The water washes away, and the Black Pearl bobs on the sea.GIBBSBlue skies! Mercy!Will looks over - -- - and now it's SUNRISE back in our world.Pintel and Ragetti hang upside down, tied together to the mast.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 10:55 AM
surfchikpir8fan

Pirates of the Caribbean 3 : script page 27PINTELThis was your idea, and the fact that I went along does not make you any less stupid.RAGETTIWell it don't make you no more smart neither.PINTELYes it does, my lack of stupid ideas makes me smarter by omission.Elizabeth marvels at her clothes as the water drops away - -they are dry.ELIZABETHImpossible.Barbossa goes to the rail, squints at the horizon smile.BARBOSSAFeast on it, gents. That there is a sunrise.GIBBSHah! Take what you can - -JACK SPARROWGive nothing back!A brief moment of celebration as everyone grin at each otherThen EVERYBODY instantly draws their pistols at once, and point them each other - -Will at Barbossa - -Barbossa at Jack - -Gibbs at Barbossa - -Elizabeth at Jack - -Jack at Will, draws a second pistol, at Barbossa - -Barbossa draws a second pistol, at Gibbs - -It's a moment everyone has been preparing for. A beat - -And then EVERYBODY LAUGHS. They can't help but grin at themselves, lower their pistolsSuddenly the LAUGHTER STOPS and the pistols are raised again.Pintel and Ragetti work to get themselves free of the mast.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 10:57 AM
surfchikpir8fan

Pirates of the Caribbean 3 : script page 28PINTELGet united, and find us our pistols! Hurry!RAGETTIWho would we point it at?Barbossa takes charge.BARBOSSAAll right, then. The Pirate Captains are gathering. They will meet at the hidden, and some say it might Beckett mythical, Shipwreck Cove.WILLAye.BARBOSSAHonest man that I am, I reveal to you now. I am the person what called the Gathering of the Brethren. Jack, you and I are going there, and they'll Beckett no arguing the point. Beckett there a person among us who will contest this path?Everyone looks at each other.JACK SPARROWSafety in numbers. Excellent idea. Agreed.Jack drops his pistol. Barbossa is surprised, suspicious.Turns to Elizabeth.ELIZABETHYou know I am against those who murdered my father. If this gathering is needed to fight them - - I want to Beckett there, Agreed.She lowers her pistol. Jack looks to Will, curious what he will do.TIA DALMAWhat say you, Will Turner? Your heart does not lie on this path?Will regards the situation, calculating.WILLYou're wrong. My heart is with Elizabeth. but it's a long journey. We'll need to stop and resupply.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 10:57 AM
surfchikpir8fan

Pirates of the Caribbean 3 : script page 29Will lowers his pistol. Jack looks at him, surprised - - he expected more of a fight.JACK SPARROWWe're all agreed, then.Jack and Barbossa lower their guns - -- - just as Pintel and Ragetti get free, scramble to their feet, find their guns and pull them out. They can do no better than to point them at each other.PINTEL/RAGETTIAGREED!EXT. FLYING DUTCHMAN - HELM - DAYDavy Jones at the helm of his cursed ship of bones. Norrington stares out at - -The aftermath of a battle; a Portuguese merchant ship. Scared sailors gathered on deck.DAVY JONESMore recruits for your Armada.NORRINGTONYes.DAVY JONESI have no choice in these events. But I am curious - - what do you tell yourself? What reason can you find in your heart - - to Beckett a pawn?NORRINGTONIs that your opinion? You think I am a pawn.DAVY JONESI expect Governor Swann would agree.Mercer arrives, reports.MERCERScuttle the ship, sir? There's a fair amount of damage.NORRINGTONNo. Assign enough men to sail her. Navigate behind us. Lock the crew in chains. Starve the fight out of them then put them to work.Mercer salutes, steps away.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 10:58 AM