KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » US&Canada in darkness

US&Canada in darkness
Started by: Fitch

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fitch
Free

US&Canada in darkness

Is this true,just watching CNN and in NY there is no power,nor in Toronto and mostly in the East Cost.Hope they repair it until nightfall.That could transform in chaos,seen images from NY,the ppl really freaked out thinking about terrorists and stuff....hope they'll repair it soon!

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 09:09 PM
Fitch is currently offline Click here to Send Fitch a Private Message Find more posts by Fitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

Yeh its just came on the news that that there is indeed no power, apparantely its simultaneous power cuts,a series of major US and Canadian cities have been hit,subways and airports have also been hit,with many people being stuck in the subway. They say it is likely to have been caused by a power grid overload.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 09:14 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diegocala
Replicant

Parties over I guess...

--Siggie Created by Master Godshinto

Whatever happened to my Rock N Roll?
Come in, she said, I'll give you shelter from the storm

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 09:17 PM
diegocala is currently offline Click here to Send diegocala a Private Message Find more posts by diegocala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

man I don't know if any of you have ever been stuck in a subway, but it sucks @$$. Things are probably gonna go to shit tonight on the East Coast. I'll bet their gonna have to call the guarde de nationale in and sh*t.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 09:19 PM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigbadbike2
Hitman

quote:
Originally posted by diegocala
Parties over I guess...

Lights out is when the party start Diego.

Made By: Me

Dragging a knee at 140 on a bike, just takes all the rush out of driving a car at 120. - Sammy Sliger, 2001 (paraphrased)

Money is not everything. As if poverty is.

I've also learned that love cannot be on a one way street... if it does not go both ways it can be a lonely road. Personally I like to just watch the cars go by.... - Happy Kine, 2003

Dare to be different, just like everyone else.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 09:22 PM
bigbadbike2 is currently offline Click here to Send bigbadbike2 a Private Message Find more posts by bigbadbike2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigbadbike2
Hitman

I do hope that it gets fixed though. It isn't a big deal in the smalltown I live in, but in a city it may cause trouble.

Made By: Me

Dragging a knee at 140 on a bike, just takes all the rush out of driving a car at 120. - Sammy Sliger, 2001 (paraphrased)

Money is not everything. As if poverty is.

I've also learned that love cannot be on a one way street... if it does not go both ways it can be a lonely road. Personally I like to just watch the cars go by.... - Happy Kine, 2003

Dare to be different, just like everyone else.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 09:23 PM
bigbadbike2 is currently offline Click here to Send bigbadbike2 a Private Message Find more posts by bigbadbike2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightningrod
gay o' time

Is all of New York City in the dark???

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 09:31 PM
Lightningrod is currently offline Click here to Send Lightningrod a Private Message Find more posts by Lightningrod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LilySatine
KMCs Hobbitess

Indeed it's true...mum just called from Toronto and said traffic was incredibly scary to drive in. And yes, I believe New York is completely dark.

Lucky for me, my dad lives in a really small town west of Toronto that wasn't harmed. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Poking Goddess Has Returned..again..*hiss*

Living in the shadow of someone else's dream.
Trying to find a hand to hold but every touch felt cold to me.
Living in a nightmare..a never-ending sleep.
But now that I am wide awake..my chains are finally free.
Don't feel sorry for me.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 09:45 PM
LilySatine is currently offline Click here to Send LilySatine a Private Message Find more posts by LilySatine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightningrod
gay o' time

That is strange indeed that this happens today...*thinks*...Even though I live all the way over here in Arizona...I still am shocked that this happened blink

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 09:52 PM
Lightningrod is currently offline Click here to Send Lightningrod a Private Message Find more posts by Lightningrod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LilySatine
KMCs Hobbitess

People are thinking it's terrorists...the FBI is relating it to the virus that was spread a couple days ago.

It could be anything. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Don't feel sorry for me.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 10:42 PM
LilySatine is currently offline Click here to Send LilySatine a Private Message Find more posts by LilySatine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Kip
sith lord in training

is anyone watching

whats this thing about the blackout of 2003

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 10:47 PM
Darth Kip is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Kip a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Kip Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diegocala
Replicant

Faulty power grids! Too much heat...Too much demand = Blackout

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 11:06 PM
diegocala is currently offline Click here to Send diegocala a Private Message Find more posts by diegocala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Official word right now is that it was a simple power surge and technical failure that spread through the system. It happens.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 11:17 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LilySatine
KMCs Hobbitess

*Points* What diegocala said!

Don't feel sorry for me.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 11:36 PM
Tex
Yumsz

Yankee retards!
All my favorite shows are supposed to be on, but they've been pre-empted to cover the blackouts!mad

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 11:40 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

many peaople r ding now cause of this ****in black out and do u know how much ****in mony it is going to cost in the billions it is probly a terroist act i am sure of it cause u would think we would have a back up plan for a power outage like that not to mention why would it be such a big black out and why now when it was nice there today . i say the ****in terriost

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 11:48 PM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Things go wrong. The chances of it being a terrorist attack are pretty small.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 11:59 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

i wouldnt rule that verdict out though this will be a big hit on our country we r leading right into a depression if this keeps up

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 12:00 AM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

These things happen.

BtVS

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 12:02 AM
diegocala
Replicant

You have a calming way about you Ush

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 12:17 AM