KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » US&Canada in darkness

US&Canada in darkness
Started by: Fitch

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sheepz
Butter on a Stick

Yeah, that happened today. I live in Nj and good thing I didn't get hit hard. The power was on the fritz for about an hour and then was fine. I doubt it was a terrorist act. It must have started because of all the strain....It started in Canada or Manhatten.

Pippin: We've had one, yes. What about second breakfast?
Merry: I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?
Merry: I wouldn't count on it.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 01:00 AM
Sheepz is currently offline Click here to Send Sheepz a Private Message Find more posts by Sheepz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Word is that a lightning strike started it off.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 01:05 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

A lightning strike is believed to have been the cause.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 01:06 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED IN NEW YORK!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :gasp:

What is this I don't even

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 01:09 AM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Lightning strike? could it really do that much damage? what haapened to the back up power source?

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 01:10 AM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Godshinto
GodLike ******

I live in NY funny thingis there isn't any power at my work so I got to go home early when I got home I had full power only a couple miles apart.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 01:11 AM
Godshinto is currently offline Click here to Send Godshinto a Private Message Find more posts by Godshinto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Godshinto
GodLike ******

I was in the area and there was no lightning strike I live in Buffalo that's right next to Niagra Falls and I didn't see any lightning.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 01:14 AM
Godshinto is currently offline Click here to Send Godshinto a Private Message Find more posts by Godshinto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

I dont think thaT lightning could do that much damage. erm

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 01:16 AM
Godshinto
GodLike ******

it wasn't even over cast today

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 01:17 AM
diegocala
Replicant

Lightning is what they are saying is the cause of the overload.

--Siggie Created by Master Godshinto

Whatever happened to my Rock N Roll?
Come in, she said, I'll give you shelter from the storm

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 01:23 AM
diegocala is currently offline Click here to Send diegocala a Private Message Find more posts by diegocala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

But what about back up power? even if it overloaded one plant, the back up power should have kicked in. erm

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 01:24 AM
Godshinto
GodLike ******

it's easy to explain ahs anyone here seen the movie Oceans eleven they were explaining grids the lightning although I doubt there was any would have knocked out one grid and the others would have fallen one by one domino effect.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 01:31 AM
diegocala
Replicant

Godshinto has it right
Read this for why that can happen
http://www.msnbc.com/news/297115.asp

--Siggie Created by Master Godshinto

Whatever happened to my Rock N Roll?
Come in, she said, I'll give you shelter from the storm

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 01:34 AM
diegocala is currently offline Click here to Send diegocala a Private Message Find more posts by diegocala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LilMimister006

we got like total blackout..coz i live up in NE ohio, and our whole city lost power for like 2-4 hours (not sure exactly, bc i went outside after the power went out)

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 01:43 AM
LilMimister006 is currently offline Click here to Send LilMimister006 a Private Message Find more posts by LilMimister006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Killer
Glampire

that'd be AWSOME to be in right now!!

http://www.vampirefreaks.com/profile.php?user=synth107etic

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 02:00 AM
Killer is currently offline Click here to Send Killer a Private Message Find more posts by Killer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

my power went out i was pissed!!! me and my friend were riding bikes to go get drinks from this gas station and people were rushing to get ice and there weer no traffic lights working. this person was backing out of there spot and slammed into another guys car and they started fighting it was like a riot lol

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 03:59 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
drumsgirl13
A Misfit

ehehe, i don't live in america or canada, so lucky for me big grin i think it was probably a power surge like Ush said. probably nothing big, eh?

To see what you see
When you look at me
Cuz I could've lived your life instead...
- Stacie Orrico

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 04:04 AM
drumsgirl13 is currently offline Click here to Send drumsgirl13 a Private Message Find more posts by drumsgirl13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChinaNiki
Dancing Queen

finally got power

but this isn't unusual to me

i used to live in a neighborhood where the transformer blew all the time

Made by the talented Godshinto

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 04:54 AM
ChinaNiki is currently offline Click here to Send ChinaNiki a Private Message Find more posts by ChinaNiki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

"the system was down, the system was down"

doodadadadoodoodoo, doodadadadoodoodoo, doodadadadoodoodoo,

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 05:07 AM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

i agree with ush that these things happen and that its probably not terrorism. it will cost an assload of money to fix it though.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 07:55 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote