KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Who Likes Pink Floyd?

Who Likes Pink Floyd?
Started by: =Tired Hiker=

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Marxman
Resident Communist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by reggie_jax
lol @ ur attemptz 2 take da higher road, followed directly by a hostile macho ****** insult. just couldnt hold back, could u buddha? find ur center... find ur center.
Ha there was no attempt at taking the higher road. That was a blatant insult of your "I like to beat up stoners" attitude. I may be a stoner but I'm far from a pacifist.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2007 03:15 AM
Marxman is currently offline Click here to Send Marxman a Private Message Find more posts by Marxman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Originally posted by Bardock42
Despite the first sentence factually not making any sense?

[edit]Of the original post, obviously.

Huh? Bardock, is that you?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2007 03:57 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILUVQueensryche
Stump

We digress...

Old Post Jan 15th, 2007 07:33 PM
ILUVQueensryche is currently offline Click here to Send ILUVQueensryche a Private Message Find more posts by ILUVQueensryche Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

Re: Who Likes Pink Floyd?

Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I do.
thumb up santa thumb up santa thumb up santa thumb up santa thumb up
I've spent my whole life hating Pink Floyd and criticising their music (even to the point of being chased out a party by a nutter wielding a broken bottle) but in the last year I've warmed to them. Maybe I'm getting older and I've got a feeling that when I'm 40 I'm gonna be a huge fan.

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2007 11:24 PM
amity75 is currently offline Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

I was driving home yesterday and 'Comfortably Numb' came on. I fell in love with that song all over, though it almost made me fall asleep being a slow song playing after midnight.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 03:18 AM
Nellinator is currently offline Click here to Send Nellinator a Private Message Find more posts by Nellinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by BobbyD
Huh? Bardock, is that you?
Apparently.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 11:17 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Re: Re: Who Likes Pink Floyd?

Originally posted by amity75
I've spent my whole life hating Pink Floyd and criticising their music (even to the point of being chased out a party by a nutter wielding a broken bottle) but in the last year I've warmed to them. Maybe I'm getting older and I've got a feeling that when I'm 40 I'm gonna be a huge fan.

You're probably listening to the wrong songs for a first impression, I'm sure.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 12:43 PM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILUVQueensryche
Stump

Re: Re: Who Likes Pink Floyd?

Originally posted by amity75

I didn't actually begin listening to them until I was a little older and out of my wild teens and early 20s. I don't think that I even took them seriously until I came across "A Momentary Lapse of Reason" when I was in my early 30s. Maybe this bodes well for you becoming a "huge fan" before you become 40?

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 04:46 PM
ILUVQueensryche is currently offline Click here to Send ILUVQueensryche a Private Message Find more posts by ILUVQueensryche Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Originally posted by Bardock42
Apparently.

laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 05:00 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

Re: Re: Re: Who Likes Pink Floyd?

Originally posted by ILUVQueensryche
I didn't actually begin listening to them until I was a little older and out of my wild teens and early 20s. I don't think that I even took them seriously until I came across "A Momentary Lapse of Reason" when I was in my early 30s. Maybe this bodes well for you becoming a "huge fan" before you become 40?
When I was younger they were just a bunch of boring old farts to me but now that I'M becoming a boring old fart myself I'm starting to appreciate them more. In fact I saw Dave Gilmour a few months ago in Glasgow and he's one of the best guitarists I've ever seen. Big pieces of humble pie for me I'm afraid.

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 09:44 PM
amity75 is currently offline Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Anyone got a favorite song?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 10:11 PM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

Comfortably Numb

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 11:48 PM
Nellinator is currently offline Click here to Send Nellinator a Private Message Find more posts by Nellinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

My fave changes all the time.

Now, I'll have to go with "Have A Cigar".

Old Post Jan 20th, 2007 04:58 PM
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

Don't even get me started on the godlyness of Pink Floyd.

"Goodbye Blue Sky" Is my Favorite.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2007 06:44 AM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I <3 Pink Floyd.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 21st, 2007 07:06 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

Originally posted by Vinny Valentine

Awesome track. thumb up

Pink Floyd are awesome.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2007 07:49 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Bacon
Who?

ive had "money" stuck in my head for days yes

Old Post Jan 21st, 2007 08:17 AM
Mr. Bacon is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Bacon a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Bacon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Originally posted by Vinny Valentine

D-D-D-Did you see the frightened ones?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2007 02:18 PM
reggie_jax
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Marxman
Ha there was no attempt at taking the higher road. That was a blatant insult of your I like to beat up stoners attitude. I may be a stoner but Im far from a pacifist.
luv how u throw in ur status as a junkie 4 brownie pointz

I DO DRUGS U KNOW

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 01:49 AM
reggie_jax is currently offline Click here to Send reggie_jax a Private Message Find more posts by reggie_jax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
taste_u
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pink Floyd is a monotonous corporate rock institution for shallow ******* to live out their idealist shallow dreams and wrap themselves in cotton wool, harking after that favour they feel the world owes them.

Paedophile's choice. Fact. 34% of kiddy fiddlers' favourite album is 'Dark Side Of The Moon'.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 01:57 AM
taste_u is currently offline Click here to Send taste_u a Private Message Find more posts by taste_u Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote